Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blub01

Quote from: Trenix on September 11, 2016, 02:07:41 AM
Colonists should be forced to move away from thrown grenades without us having to micromanage it.

but it should be possible to toggle. one of the issues with the whole draft system is that you can't really tell colonists NOT to do something.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Serenity

Setting a maximum item count for stockpiles (per item type) and combining that with an optional hysteresis setting. So you can say that a stockpile should have 10 items and only be restocked when the count drops below 5.

Sanaart

I believe the learning helper should be reworded for the coolers and refrigeration tip. Currently it reads that you should set your freezer to a negative temperature, even if you are playing in Fahrenheit! I believe it could be reworded to say "set the temperature to at or below refreezing". This way the tip works for both Celsius and Fahrenheit without having to check which one the player is using, and could also accommodate other temperature readings as well (like if in case you wanted to include Kelvin or something later down the line).

Stonefang

I have a suggestion is it possible set up rimworld on ios because im alway at work and don't have time to play it on my computer and my phone is 24/7 with me every day so i was wonder is it possible???

ItsNotDenon

Books that improve the research rate or add joy to a colonist.

A fishing pier that adds x amount of fish depending on skill and equipment. Fishing rods would also be required.

Fishing nets that degrade over time whilst providing occasional harvestable food depending on the season.

A really tiny table.

MikeLemmer

Tynan, could you make it so colonists don't shovel snow until it's done snowing? I hate how all my cleaning grinds to a halt during a snowstorm because my colonists insist on clearing it mid-storm.

MerlosTheMad

Instead of compacted machinery inthe sides ofmountains, how about we get some models for old broken down mining and construction equipment left out in the wild, old parts/junk piles in buildings, and junkpits that colonists can scavenge around in.

The junk pits could even add in a new disease! Tetanus! ^^

14m1337

* please let us enter the numbers for "Do until you have X" crafting jobs manually
* make a copy&paste option for the crafting benches' settings, just like the zone settings
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

blub01

Quote from: Stonefang on September 11, 2016, 11:57:50 PM
I have a suggestion is it possible set up rimworld on ios because im alway at work and don't have time to play it on my computer and my phone is 24/7 with me every day so i was wonder is it possible???

yeah, that's not cheap, so you should probably make a separate thread for that.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

lincore

Give drafted colonists a designator button to hold fire.
I think this would help especially with grenadiers' tendency to self-destruct, but also when setting up a long range ambush. Ideally, manually firing/lobbing should still work without animating the colonist to fire at will again. It is in my "to mod"-list, but I'd obviously prefer to see it in the base game.

Shaz

Colonists automatically turn off work devices (smelting, cremation, tailoring, etc.) when they stop using them and turn them on again when they use them.
(even turned off devices bills are active, unless colonists are told not to interact with the object or power is off)

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Shaz on September 13, 2016, 11:20:11 AM
Colonists automatically turn off work devices (smelting, cremation, tailoring, etc.) when they stop using them and turn them on again when they use them.
(even turned off devices bills are active, unless colonists are told not to interact with the object or power is off)

Yeah, that's... a tad nuts. Only reason I can think of for it is to gauge total power consumption.

I'd also tack onto that having Sunlamps automatically turn off/on at the appropriate times. I hate having to remember to turn them off/on each day to conserve energy.

blub01

Quote from: MikeLemmer on September 14, 2016, 02:45:18 AM
Quote from: Shaz on September 13, 2016, 11:20:11 AM

Yeah, that's... a tad nuts. Only reason I can think of for it is to gauge total power consumption.

I'd also tack onto that having Sunlamps automatically turn off/on at the appropriate times. I hate having to remember to turn them off/on each day to conserve energy.

there's a mod that adds timed automatic switches (or at least there was). you could try that until this is fixed.

Serenity

The CCL had an addon so that devices only consume power when active

Timer switches are available in these two mods:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24818.msg254028#msg254028
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

DayNightSwitch is automatic and always available I think. The Haplo Power Switch can be set manually and needs to be researched

Boba Phat

Power-generating floor tiles:  Every time someone passes over one of these tiles, it generates a tiny bit of power.  In reality they steal a bit of kinetic energy from each footstep, so they could somewhat slow movement.  But a clever person could seal a whole pile of chickens in a room filled with these floor tiles and turn it into a generator.