Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

Switch the background insect noises in jungles from Game Volume to Music Volume. I'm irritated I can't turn it down to listen to podcasts without turning down the sound effects as well.

asquirrel

Ramparts. Walls your colonists could climb up and shoot from above, negating rock cover from approaching enemies.
fillable moats.
places where pawns could jump in if they are on fire.
fireproof suits.
flamethrowers.
lava.
windstorms (slows movement - blows things around).
Tornadoes.  Run for the caves!
natural caves
intelligent apes (planet of the apes)
poo throwing monkeys.
JOY
pinball machines.
a drinking bar.
a juke box.
a mechanical bull.

MikeLemmer

Remove the 47% chance of raiders being instakilled-when-downed for colonist relatives. It sucks having to choose between letting them attack my colonists until they flee or having a 50/50 chance of giving someone a massive mood penalty.

While we're at it, could you set the mechanoid instakilled-when-downed chance to 100%? It's not fun to have a colonist spend 6 hours shooting a centipoid point-blank to execute it.

TomatoWalrus

Sorry if this has already been suggested.

It would be awesome if you could shoot the guns of your colonists.
When drafted you press some button to fire the gun and with your mouse you aim.
Murphys law:
If something can go wrong, it will go wrong.
RimWorld can be an ass sometimes

greggbert

My cheapest ideas. 

COLONIST SELECTION
1. Buttons on the side of the screen that allow you to select all colonists with a specific outfit.  Can't tell you how many times I want to select just snipers or just melee or just workers.

ANIMALS
2.  An option on the animal screen that assigns all animals to none (for use in raids, when you want them to stay in a zone and not follow you and get killed).
3.  An option on the animal screen that says "assign all animals to bond mates" (for use after raids to get your animals back to their people)
4.  Instead of 2 or 3,  an option on the animal screen that allows you to assign an animal to a zone when his colonist is drafted.

VISITORS/TRADERS
5. Allow the creation of a Trading Spot where the traders will hang out, similar to marriage and party spot.  They will pathfind to this area where you can impress them and keep them safe while they unpack their goods so they're not forced to hang out in toxic rain or get accidentally shot by a turret killing a mad animal.

INVENTORY
6.  A screen similar to the trading screen where you can see all the stuff you have, but you can pull it up at any time.

EVIL
7.  A trait (or addiction) called "Evil" that doesn't get negative moods when you harvest organs, execute prisoners, or someone dies.  But they do get negative moods if you release prisoners, if another colonist is seriously crippled (why is x still alive), or if another colonist is currently experiencing any kind of break (we should just shoot x and be done with it).  Also maybe bonding with a new animal could remove this trait / addiction.

8.  New prisoner action Torment.  Show some blood animation and the prisoner's mood and consicousness goes down, gives other colonists bad mood has a chance to give the warden the "evil" trait.  If the colonist is already evil it could give him a tiny +1 modifier per torment up to +20 (similar to the colonists who love to plant things).   You could use this to slowly turn all your colonists evil (if they can be wardens), or you could use it to "entertain" evil colonists who need a mood boost.

Boba Phat

Relatives who crash in pods should not need to be captured to recruit them if they're related to one of your colonists.  I had a colonist capture his own mom, who subsequently tried to escape and then got shot in the head by her son in the process.  That makes zero sense.

14m1337

another cheap one:

add the copy&paste functionality from the storage zones to all producing tables, so all bills can be transferred to other tables of the same type
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Dingo

That sounds nice. Might as well have an "add all existing bills" option for benches as well so you can quickly set up multiple tailoring bills etc. without 20 clicks.

bier00t

Need: "It can't be worse"
Type: Positive
When: if colonist have a lot of small negative needs.

Razghul

Cooking Bills need an adjustable "buffer" for the setting "make X until you have #", so cooks stop running to the kitchen whenever 1 single meal is eaten. "make X until you have 10, when below 5" for example. Would that be easy to implement ?

Serenity

Quote from: Razghul on October 08, 2016, 12:33:30 PM
Cooking Bills need an adjustable "buffer" for the setting "make X until you have #", so cooks stop running to the kitchen whenever 1 single meal is eaten. "make X until you have 10, when below 5" for example. Would that be easy to implement ?
Yes, it's pretty easy. The Crafting Hysteresis mod does that. It's awesome.

Razghul

Quote from: Serenity on October 08, 2016, 12:37:52 PM
Quote from: Razghul on October 08, 2016, 12:33:30 PM
Yes, it's pretty easy. The Crafting Hysteresis mod does that. It's awesome.

That´s awesome, thanks ! :)

QuantumX

I think this is a simple one?? But my coding knowledge is pretty non-existent, so ignore me if wrong...

Idea to to make

<compClass>CompMelter</compClass>

Have a configuration attribute to define the temp at which damage will start to be taken instead of being set at zero.

Use included making items (not just food) suffer when in high temps.

Also if simple able to defined is the damage is taken when above or below the temperature?

Could be used for thing like temperature affect on things like generators, work benches, weapons, power armor etc etc...

Alpha393

Flamethrowers: could literally be a rapid fire Molotov reskin.

Wall shackles: ugly, keep prisoners from leaving a 5x5 area around it, ugly, decreases happiness by quite a bit, has a ton of HP, prevents breakouts entirely, maybe have adjustable length. Might be a bit difficult but could simply use recycled allowed area code.

WraithOfLegion

my idea for the game is ruins city or village for world gen so you can either rebuild them or scrap them and start from scratch. just as an easier start with higher difficulty and to here build fallout style Scenarios.