Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Postman_666

How about allowing us to see history of events/notifications.
Sometimes I would see a pack of animals or something, jump to location to see where they are, and go back to building. Then look around for where they were again cuz I lost them on a big map

Thundercraft

Quote from: Postman_666 on December 10, 2016, 10:38:48 AM
How about allowing us to see history of events/notifications.
Sometimes I would see a pack of animals or something, jump to location to see where they are, and go back to building. Then look around for where they were again cuz I lost them on a big map

Yes, this would be appreciated.

I found it annoying that notifications disappear so fast that I sometimes miss the opportunity to click on them to see where they occur. And it would be nice to have a list to click on and check the location again.

Redimus

Would a self esteem system be easy to implement? Nothing terribly fancy just a simple number that made colonists less likely to interact with other colonists? It needn't necessarily even effect mood really since I know plenty of people who have cripplingly low self esteem but seem to be perfectly functional and no more or less close to a mental break as a result.

Redimus

Also, if I'm alright to get just a little gross here... Would a fetish/kink system be out of place? Nothing lewd, mind you, I'm not suggesting we try to give this game an NC17 rating, but maybe colonist might have specific preferences for... For instance: amputees, midgets, elderly or obscenely young, hair color, clothing, etc...

No need to be detailed obviously, just thought it might add a little depth to the romance/social system if the odd fetishist wouldn't leave a recently blinded colonist alone since their unfortunate accident.

Thundercraft

Quote from: Konscience on December 07, 2016, 07:17:23 AM
...On a side note, why can't we no longer plant Devilstrand in hydroponics?
While it is immune to blight, we can't no longer grow Devilstrand in arid or mountain biomes, due to the lack of >70% fertility ground (Devilstrand die before maturity in this case). Hydroponic was the only viable way to grow it : /

That's true. And I have to wonder why it was changed. It takes forever to grow, anyway. The reason Hydroponics won't work is because devilstrand's <sowTags> only has <li>Ground</li>. It's missing the <li>Hydroponic</li> part that other plants have.

Perhaps you'd be interested in the JTMoreHydroponicOptions mod? (Here for Steam version.) All it does is make corn, haygrass and devilstrand growable via Hydroponics. And since it does not come with a preview image, here:

BTW: Vegetable Garden mod makes plants growable with hydroponics by default, so that fix isn't needed.

Alenerel

The problem is that if you make corn/devilstrand be able to grow in hydro, rice and cloth will have no purpose in the game. Currently rice is the best for hydro, corn for 100% and above soil and potatoes for 60% soil. Cloth is "better" than devilstrand simply because devilstrand takes too much time to get, but if you remove that time cloth is useless.

Thundercraft

Quote from: Alenerel on December 10, 2016, 11:57:27 PM
Cloth is "better" than devilstrand simply because devilstrand takes too much time to get, but if you remove that time cloth is useless.

We were talking about re-enabling devilstrand to grow in hydro again, not making devilstrand faster to grow. Or would hydroponics automatically make it grow much faster?

As for soil fertility, I think there should be vanilla ways of enriching that. And I'm clearly not the only one to feel that way, considering how popular mods are that do this, like Tilled Soil and Vegetable Garden.

Alenerel

Most of the mods are made for the coolness, not for the balance. Of course that enabling devilstrand on hydro would make it grow faster... Idk if you know but hydroponics has 230% fertility factor. Also being forced to grow devilstrand outside makes it more susceptible to be destroyed making it more difficult to get, which I see fitting since devilstrand is the 3rd best textile in the game, being hyperweave the first and thrumbofur the second, and these three being far from the rest.

I dont think that not being able to grow devilstrand in hydro is not an accident, it was intentionally done.

Pichu0102

I'd like to see non-amputation surgery bills be automatically suspended until all surgical cuts have healed fully to prevent a state where you have to babysit someone you're upgrading with bionics piece by piece instead of just queueing everything up in case one fails. They keep trying more surgery even when the patient is bleeding out...

Alenerel

I would like that sun lamps had a wider range but that at same time hydroponics were non passable objects.

Konscience

Quote from: Alenerel on December 11, 2016, 07:10:03 AM
Most of the mods are made for the coolness, not for the balance. Of course that enabling devilstrand on hydro would make it grow faster... Idk if you know but hydroponics has 230% fertility factor...
[...]
I dont think that not being able to grow devilstrand in hydro is not an accident, it was intentionally done.
I know it very well but no information was disclosed about this.
And my point (and I think Thundercraft understood it) wasn't much for the time Devilstrand take to grow, but for the ability to make it grow.
At first I though it wasn't possible in harsh biomes due to the low fertility of gravel, making the Devilstrand taking forever to grow.
But I tested it just to be sure...
You can't even sow Devilstrand on gravel...

So, you really can't grow Devilstrand on Icesheet/Desert biomes, as there is only (a few) gravel as cultivable soil...
I mean it's the main purpose of hydroponics, being able to sow no matter the land.

[Edit] My bad I forgot to research Devilstrand first... I'll make the test later as I have deadlines comming soon for my degree ^^"
And Devilstrand can't grow insanely fast in hydroponic as it only have x0.4 factor in fertility factor.

The thing I would like to know from Tynan is, do he really wanted to prevent Devilstrand cultures in such biomes by removing the ability to grow in hydroponics?

Alenerel

Ability to remove floors under walls.

Sola

Separate construction/crafting boxes in work tab for items that have quality (beds, art, furniture), and items that do not (walls, doors, stone blocks)

I'd like to allow constructors of lower quality to assemble a bunker in a hurry, but reserve the crafting of furniture, which can affect the moods of your colonists, to only the best one I've got.

Instead of "construction", maybe "quality construction > construction"?
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

GuesUserNameGUN

Quote from: Sola on December 11, 2016, 07:29:34 PM
Separate construction/crafting boxes in work tab for items that have quality (beds, art, furniture), and items that do not (walls, doors, stone blocks)

I'd like to allow constructors of lower quality to assemble a bunker in a hurry, but reserve the crafting of furniture, which can affect the moods of your colonists, to only the best one I've got.

Instead of "construction", maybe "quality construction > construction"?
YES PLEASE

Thyme

Or let us set allowed skill levels similar to crafting bills.

Sent from my HTC
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak