Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OFWG

Quote from: dv on December 18, 2016, 03:59:46 PM
How hard would it be to make it so I can neuter/spay an animal?

That's a good idea and seems to fit the cheap idea criteria, but it was suggested back in April and again in September with no apparent response. TBH I doubt anybody is reading this thread. :(
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Thundercraft

Quote from: dv on December 18, 2016, 03:59:46 PM
How hard would it be to make it so I can neuter/spay an animal?

Yes, it is a good idea. Tamed animal populations can quickly grow out of control.

Quote from: OFWG on December 18, 2016, 05:17:43 PM
...TBH I doubt anybody is reading this thread. :(

Clearly, quite a lot of people do read this thread. The topic title mentions  "(Read 233640 times)" and people still post here almost every day. I think what you were trying to imply is that Tynan doesn't read this thread. However, we should be fair: He's the one who started this topic as a way to get feedback. And, right now, he has his plate full trying to get A16 bug-fixed and released in a timely manner. But I can understand how you'd get that impression. He doesn't post in this thread very often and not since June. Though, he does respond.

ItsNotDenon

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 17, 2016, 03:24:25 PM
Quote from: Rayneteir on December 17, 2016, 09:41:35 AMMake it possible to set colony wide drug/clothing policies so that all new colonists joining don't have to be manually changed, the default is that they join with the selected colony wide policy and manual adjustments can still be made as desired beyond that.

+1 I like quality of life improvements. And this one sounds relatively simple.

Quote from: ItsNotDenon on December 17, 2016, 09:39:35 AM
Wooden man/ boxing bag-
Joy item that teaches melee skill.
Boxing ring-
Two colonists can fight for joy, others can watch for joy.
TV channels- increase skills via joy cooking channel gardening etc
Joy item card games like poker or mtg-
Build games table set to chess or poker
Poker can be played with visitors to gain silver or lose it.

I fully agree that there should be more Joy items or options to increase joy (at least, after certain research). And I like some of these ideas.

The thing about chess is that it is possible to play by yourself (albiet, not as fun). But poker and most card games should be played with another. Perhaps some joy items should only be usable by at least two participants? Maybe a poker table that would require at least two adjacent chairs?

I like the idea of a wooden dummy to increase melee. Though, I don't think it should be a joy item. It's enough that it trains a skill.

The boxing ring... maybe?

If its just a games table I think it would work. a lot of people I knew that played competitive practiced against themselves, though I guess poker wouldn't be the best.
When I was playing MTG I did the same, and It helped me judge the pacing of my decks etc which made me better overall, it was still fun to learn nerd skills.
I think it would be cool as well because you might be able to add a moodlet like ' I have a cool set of cards' and they can get stolen or damaged or traded, its like a little mini game that helps you make your colonists happy if you invest time in it.
Though that second part is a bit harder work for this particular thread

ReZpawner

Make Chemfuel explosive. Obviously not AS explosive as mortar shells, but explosive nonetheless.
Also, either make a chemfuel generator, or allow the normal generator to accept chemfuel.

OFWG

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 18, 2016, 06:07:26 PM
Clearly, quite a lot of people do read this thread. The topic title mentions  "(Read 233640 times)" and people still post here almost every day. I think what you were trying to imply is that Tynan doesn't read this thread.

Well no **** genius, who would care if other players read it? Spare me your attempt at pedantry.

* Edit (OP): removed offensive language.

User was warned for this post.  Rule #1, no personal attacks.
Additionally, Thundercraft wasn't being offensive.  Please read the full post and PM me (milon) if there are any questions or concerns.
Please review the forum rules here:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=122.0
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

ed155

Tranq Arrows/Darts ,Slingshots ,Clubs e.t.c. something to knock out animals raiders instead of killed them.
Variety of animals maybe aliens , like xenomorphs.
New biomes maybe entire new planet like desert planet filled with sand , frozen planet filled with yetis and mammoths ,machine planet filled with mechanoids.
Some kind circuit breaker to prevent short circuit.
Mod contents should became official at least some of them like refrigator.
Some sort pre-Game event chooser how often will trade ships,raids,breakdowns,cargo drops will happen e.t.c.  not Cheap maybe but good idea to me
Biofuel instead of wood, made from plant matter for burn longer periods of time.
Some new traits like Neat,Slob,FatherFigure,Silent...

Boba Phat

Quote from: OFWG on December 18, 2016, 05:17:43 PM
I doubt anybody is reading this thread. :(

I posted a comment back around page 250 asking any dev who reads it to reply so we know this thread is actually being read.  No one did, and I got my answer.

Sola

Quote from: ed155 on December 19, 2016, 07:47:10 AM
Tranq Arrows/Darts ,Slingshots ,Clubs e.t.c. something to knock out animals raiders instead of killed them.

Yes, please!

I second this one.  Increased chance of incapacitate over "always shoot to kill".  It doesn't need to be massive, but the option should be there for those that want to try increasing their risk in exchange for the reward of more prisoners.

Also, second weapon.  Guns can go in a holster when people come into melee range.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

sevwren

Quote from: Tynan on October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM
So I'm making this thread to specifically ask: what ideas do you have for the game that are really cheap to implement? Ideally these are things I could do in less than half a day. Try to think of things that re-use already-existing systems with minor tweaks to create new variations.

With the new caravan system, whenever coming out of a caravan for an event, the addition of a hotkey to cycle between tamed animals (just like the hotkey to cycle between colonists) would be immensely helpful since there is no UI to find where a certain item is that is stored on an animal.

<3

Alenerel

In the factions tab, instead of just the color, display the icon. If its a tribal a hut, if its a pirate the skull and bones, etc.

Thundercraft

Quote from: Alenerel on December 20, 2016, 02:09:21 PM
In the factions tab, instead of just the color, display the icon. If its a tribal a hut, if its a pirate the skull and bones, etc.
+1
This! Yes, please!

dv

In Alpha 16, if you have multiple colonies, solar flares should effect all of them at once.

MeowRailroad

It would be nice if trade caravans could be rerouted mid-journey. I accidentally clicked a tile near where I wanted to go and ended up wasting a day of food.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Encrtia

On World Barber. Someone that can cut hair. I.e. change hair mid-game. Why not?
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

Neotic

Quote from: dv on December 21, 2016, 12:49:29 AM
In Alpha 16, if you have multiple colonies, solar flares should effect all of them at once.
+1 makes sense it should also be the same for eclipses if they're close enough
BRAIN-OVERLOAD