Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: CalenLoki on January 08, 2017, 11:48:52 AM
Make melee skill meaningful. ATM difference between lvl 1 and 20 is almost non-existent (something like 70%  and 100% hit chance). IMO linear scaling would work much better (10% at 1 lvl to 100% at 20 lvl)

Thanks, I have made some changes so this will be much more important now.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Trylobyte

An 'estimated travel time' indicator for tiles clicked on in the World screen would be nice, so you can see about how long it would take to send a caravan to a place without having to actually form a caravan first.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: Trylobyte on January 12, 2017, 07:50:29 PM
An 'estimated travel time' indicator for tiles clicked on in the World screen would be nice, so you can see about how long it would take to send a caravan to a place without having to actually form a caravan first.

Oh dear lord YES please! I don't know how many times I've formed a caravan just to realize I didn't want to be without my people that long. I understand that travel time is based in part on how quickly your pawns move (does jogger/sprinter affect travel time? It doesn't seem to, but I haven't done serious testing) but even an estimate based on no movement penalties/bonuses would be greatly appreciated.

adept17

An "unsubscribe all" button would be nice to have for the mod list.

gendalf

- mining outpost "caravan": if I lack, for example, marble would be nice to send a team of miners with an elephant, mine a bunch of marble, pack it on the elephant and have blocks for days.

- animal info window: exact information about how much food animal requires.

Zebukin

Grades of the bed.
1st is just place on the floor.
2nd rag, made from leather or hides
3rd made from wood: no cloth, low comfort
4th made with cloth and wool. Soft and most comfortable.

If sleeping rag made from hidewith fur (bear, wolf, etc), it will give little more comfort and warm. The leather gives just a bit more comfort than floor.

Why not just the wooden instead two types? Because some players prefer hard start in the desert.

If caravan have any beds in the inventory, they can use them with additional comfort and little lost of time for unpacking/installing/uninstalling/packing each item.

For more advanced camps we have already awesome mod Set Camp

NeverPire

Please, an error message for hunters armed with EMP grenades.
They just trigger animals until they become maddened manhunter.
And an other one for telescope under roof (this one is just a detail).
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Zebukin

Recheck animal`s meat weight and amount. You can just multiply to 10 at least.
It is still hardly imbalanced. And there is no point to farm for meat at all.
Mooffalo have 180 meat. 180*0.03 kg of raw meat is... 5,4 kg of meat from creature, who can drag 75 Kg on it`s back.
Also 10 ingredients 0.03 each will give 0.4 kg meal.
Raw meat -> 0.7—>0.4 coocked meat or to 0.2 dryed meat.
Raw vegetables loss about 10—20% after boiling.

Swat_Raptor

Areas & activities made for when pawns have mental breaks.

fire works, take some chem fuel and Craft some of these & when the pyromaniac needs his fire fix he can grab these babies and every one has a good time.
(there is some chance of starting a fire by letting these off but its no light hes going around torching stuff)

Spas, when a person is wandering around sad taking random gear off, they instead can go over to one of these converted steam geysers remove their gear and just hang around the spa until they snap back to reality.

Greenbear

Event "Meteorites":
Similar to cargo pods but with stones and metal coming down. Explosions on impact, fire popping up around. The warning should come a few seconds before, letting you save nearby colonists, but any buildings in the medium-sized area of impact should be destroyed.

NeverPire

Mountain bases have already too many benefits, meteorits like explained increase much more their benefits compared with normal one.

Greenbear

Quote from: NeverPire on January 13, 2017, 04:43:50 PM
Mountain bases have already too many benefits, meteorits like explained increase much more their benefits compared with normal one.

You could say that about every event except infestations. So are we only allowed to post suggestions that nerf mountain bases? If so, I'm sorry, this was my first post.

CrazyEyes

If you're looking for a way to make it more difficult for players to farm insect jelly without messing with the strength or number of the bugs that spawn, why not give every pawn a tiny but stackable negative moodlet for every insect hive on the map?  It could be as low as -1 each, not enough to cause problems at first but enough that you don't want the hives spreading out of control. Basically the idea of an unchecked infestation makes colonists increasingly nervous, providing players more incentive to eliminate the problem rather than ignoring it or coming up with cheap methods of farming.

Alternately, have the insect jelly deteriorate at the same (or slightly lower) temperature at which the bugs suffer heatstroke. That way players cannot set up giant farms with no danger to the colonists that are easily run by installing heaters and a switch.

If you do either of these things, I think you should also make the hives spawn a significant amount of jelly on their destruction as if it were contained in the structure and could be harvested once the threat was dealt with. This provides a positive incentive to deal with the infestation, rewarding the player for dealing with a problem instead of just punishing them for ignoring it.

Also, the ability to copy and paste bills between identical production tables (if I want to add another stove without recreating five custom work orders, for example) would be lovely.

Also also, can we have more than one sound effect for "a bad thing happened", please? Right now the alert gives as much weight to my doctor failing during surgery and killing my best crafter as it does to a plant dying because of cold or a dog getting food poisoning. At the very least there should be one for plants, one for animals and one for colonists so my heart doesn't stop every time some haygrass is lost.
Before you talk to me, I should warn you: I am kind of strange.

NeverPire

Quote from: Greenbear on January 13, 2017, 06:45:33 PM
Quote from: NeverPire on January 13, 2017, 04:43:50 PM

You could say that about every event except infestations. So are we only allowed to post suggestions that nerf mountain bases? If so, I'm sorry, this was my first post.
Don't worry, it's just my opinion, don't hesitate to post all the interesting ideas you have.

Terran538

Can we get boots, gloves, and socks for our colonists? I know there are mods for it but it would be nice if they were in the base game.