Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanRim

Quote from: Nordwolf on March 11, 2017, 04:06:43 AM
Quote from: gratua on March 08, 2017, 03:59:11 PM
add a timer ability for electronic devices.  like the work schedule we have already, or like the teacher schedule available in the leadership mod.  let us automate either individual components or, if that's too OP, then at least let switches be timed and leave it to the players to build complex wiring or not.
I second this, to expand on this suggestion:
Let us add "bills" to things like lamps, sun lamps and any other electrical devices. They essentially tell pawns when to switch them on and off.

Agreed, I have fixed the timetable for many days, and to save energy trying to switch off lamps at right time, but with the schedule bill it would be much more time-efficient.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

AngleWyrm

Cheap Enhancement
Put an option in to switch the clock to in-game time instead of IRL time.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

b0rsuk

When the time to name your settlement and faction comes, there should be buttons to reroll random name.

It would make more sense to make player choose faction name at the moment he founds his second colony.

I would really appreciate a tool to measure distances on the colony map. I would use it to design my base and perimeter around weapon ranges, for example design a base with shotgun range in mind. The tool could work similar to Plan tool, but it would create a single point with a slider for changing highlighted area's radius. Wait, I have an idea! When you draft a colonist, and manually order him to aim somewhere, the tooltip should display distance in tiles.

charkesd

I'll post this again. A guy can dream.

MEAL RESTRICTIONS

if even just for prisoners. if you dont have the level of food selected, then the pawn will eat or be fed the next level down, if there is none then the next level down and so on. Unlike medicine tho if there is still no food at that level or lower, the next level up will be eaten - so they dont just die while you fail to notice the "Starvation" thing on the side

honestly i really want like  a WORK tab, but for the food levels, god i would die - assign certain saved food preferences uhhhhhh my pants

- i guess the raw with a line through it could be like insect meat, human flesh, kibble

RyanRim

Since the injury healing thread took quite a tumble of ideas, I suggest that by the level of medicine skill, there should be specifications (like with animal care). For example surgery, bandaging, ill-feeding, tending medicine. It would keep good overlook of how to treat someone.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

klopkr

Animals that aren't doing anything and are suffering from hypothermia or frostbite should move to any available warm area. Same if they're experiencing toxic fallout build up and can go indoors to avoid it.

At least make smarter or obedient animals do it. I had so much trouble micro managing my animals in the cold when I had food on the outside.

Similarly if a pawn is cold and can choose between two equal priorities they should do the one in the warm area/non toxic rather than the one outside. Imo.

I had a lot of pawns playing with horseshoes with hypothermia when I had a perfectly good chess table and billiards table indoors.

mumblemumble

Add a "playing" state to animals, particularly of same species. Chasing, nuzzling, wrestling, ect. Give a mood buff to those witnessing it.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Venge

On Birthdays, instead of instantly developing a condition, maybe an increased chance of developing that condition? And every year that gets greater.

b0rsuk

Make replacing walls and doors (for example wooden with stone) more convenient. Currently I have to manually deconstruct, then manually order hauling wood away, then place blueprints. Otherwise, builder will go to a single blueprint tile, haul wood away, fetch 5 stone, build the wall, go to the next blueprint tile.

Ideally I would want to just put a wall blueprint on a wall blueprint, see colonists reclaim wall resources by deconstructing them, put leave them ASIDE (not on a blueprint), and then fetch wall resources. If that's not possible, at least make it so when deconstructing, builder leaves resources aside, also not on squares that have just been deconstructed during last 1 hour (game hour).

TerrorFame

Hello, i have read some ideas. I do agree that most of the leather types should be just "leather" and all meats should be just "animal", "insect", "human" and maybe "fish".
My cheapest idea "gloves" it can look like a box of organs but use bottom layer hands and quality could increase work speed and all.

If someone already wrote about gloves then i shall delete this

SpaceDorf

I want three thingt for the production tables

1.) Change the Name of Active Bills, or add some note to them :
for Example : Butcher Creature : small stuff ( forever ) Butcher Creature : Huge ( +1 ) ; Make Kibble : Insect+Hay ( forever )

2.) Give a Priority Setting to Worktables : Make Blocks .. chop chop .. without suspending every other crafting order ..

3.) Copy Bills from Identical Worktables .. or even save them somewhere.
So I don't have to implement my cooking priority schedule with defined ingredients thrice .. or god help me if my cooking stove gets destroyd.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

b0rsuk

I think cleaners should clean the dirtiest room first. Currently they seem to prioritize closest piece of dirt, which either makes them clean some high traffic area back and forth or run in circles removing snow when it's snowing. Meanwhile after raid you find out your barn hasn't been cleaned in ages, your hospital is dirty, and most colonists have negative mood for dirty rooms.

mumblemumble

Maybe better than that is to make a "Clean room" order, rather than just cleaning a spot of dirt. Would be handy for hospitals.

Though hospitals should probably get a priority in cleaning, its weird to clean up random halls when an overfilled hospital is filthy.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

charkesd

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 14, 2017, 09:55:00 AM
Make replacing walls and doors (for example wooden with stone) more convenient. Currently I have to manually deconstruct, then manually order hauling wood away, then place blueprints. Otherwise, builder will go to a single blueprint tile, haul wood away, fetch 5 stone, build the wall, go to the next blueprint tile.

Ideally I would want to just put a wall blueprint on a wall blueprint, see colonists reclaim wall resources by deconstructing them, put leave them ASIDE (not on a blueprint), and then fetch wall resources. If that's not possible, at least make it so when deconstructing, builder leaves resources aside, also not on squares that have just been deconstructed during last 1 hour (game hour).

please god this

i mean would it 100% be an invalid criticism if a noobie posted on the bug forums that when he tries to place a steel wall over a wooden wall it tells him theres an identical object there already?

HU? would it?? HU?

charkesd

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 14, 2017, 09:55:00 AM

please god this

i mean would it 100% be an invalid criticism if a noobie posted on the bug forums that when he tries to place a steel wall over a wooden wall it tells him theres an identical object there already?

HU? would it?? HU?