Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catt

Add a configurable minimum and maximum amount of specific items to a stockpile. Cause the herbal medicine close to the drug lab is just as important as the one in the hospital and in the prison

Granitecosmos

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 27, 2017, 02:33:04 AM
In other words a body part should heal a percentage of max HP in a unit of time.

So a 1/10 nose would heal slower than a 6/40 torso? No thanks. Let the healing be influenced by the body part health multiplier of the creature instead. It does what you want, but better.

Ruisuki

chance for higher social interaction between people you are feeding akin to bonding with animals when healing randomly.. At best i usually get a chitchat +1. Feeding and cheer up should do better.

b0rsuk

A bunch of traits to interact with the World Map system. Some backgrounds would start with them.

Perceptive: when traveling on the World Map, has a low chance to find small treasures, such as some silver, a cache of drugs, weapons, components, etc. (Explorer)

Survivalist: Uses less food on World Map (Loner)

Herbalism: Occasionally finds food on the World Map if it's a growing period. (Gatherer, Herbalist)

Elusive: lower chance for the caravan to get raided (Defector)

Geologist: has a chance to find rare minerals when traveling (Geologist)

Wanted: when traveling, has a chance to get in trouble with some kind of sheriff / law enforcement, causing a raid. (Space Pirate, Escaped Convict, Serial Murderer)

Tinkerer: sometimes finds components (Machine Collector)

Tracking: Higher chance to meet a caravan (Scout)

Performer: raises mood while travelling (Minstrel)

HMm, I need more inspiration, these are a bit dull.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 29, 2017, 12:55:52 PM
A bunch of traits to interact with the World Map system. Some backgrounds would start with them.

Perceptive: when traveling on the World Map, has a low chance to find small treasures, such as some silver, a cache of drugs, weapons, components, etc. (Explorer)

HMm, I need more inspiration, these are a bit dull.

This calls for the Weird Wasteland Trait :-D
find UFO's , singers believed dead, hear eary sounds all the time ..

Warrior : Possible to meet a enemy Caravan to raid.

Slave Driver : Faster Movement on the Map, but causes Mood to sink with every day traveled.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

giannikampa

make surgery fail only means additional treatings with medicine and time to get back on feet
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

ja7833

Ground beef.  Random meats turned into ground beef at the butcher table. 
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman

Ruisuki

notification sound when a colonist levels up

Venge

I haven't really noticed this so I don't know if this is really in though, but prisoners have a higher chance to be recruited if they have a relationship in the colony, especially a lover/spouse.

Ruisuki

Better animal AI. they shouldnt be walking in front of shots when my caravan has been ambushed. Much less stay there and take it after theyve been shot three times.

MerlosTheMad

WE NEED SHEEP. THERE'S EVERY KIND OF WOOL IN THE GAME BUT SHEEP WOOL! lol

BlueMarble007

I don't know if this idea is considered 'cheap', but I'd like to see skill-minima on weapons, or the ability for modders to add this in.

Another, separate idea: melee damage increase on higher levels of skill. Exemplary: skilled swordsmen can use a sword more effectively, stab/swing in more vulnerable places/with more force than unskilled swordsmen.

giannikampa

3 in one:

- make ripetute click on "colonists idle" to cycle trough them

- add "centerview on selected thing" keyboard key

- add "follow selected thing" keyboard key
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

b0rsuk

Two new traits:

Mentor
Happily gives advice to other colonists, similar to Kind and Abrasive. To do so, the Mentor needs to have a skill with higher level than a potential target. The target gains some xp in the taught skill.

Observant
The colonist gains skills by observing others. He can gain Melee by observing a melee fight, Shooting when someone shoots nearby, Cooking if he goes past a working cook, Medicine if he's cleaning while someone is treating animals in the barn, etc.
In particular, an Observant colonist should learn when he fights a more skilled enemy in melee, or when he fights an animal.

Ruisuki

teaching should be its own system I think, not a trait. and increase social of the mentor while doing so.