Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asanbr

I would like a notification when an egg hatches into a new turkey.

I get a notification when an alpaca is born so why not when an animal is born from an egg?

asanbr

It happens a lot that I see a notification that a trade ship has left comms range, even though I never saw a notification that they entered.

It would make sense that the GUI shows an icon somewhere whenever a trade ship is available. As infrequent and extremely valuable as they are.

Edit: I know there is (supposed to be, most of the time) a letter incoming when a trade ship enters range.
But I want a permanent icon showing for the whole duration, even if I accidentaly the letter or just didn't see it.

asanbr

It should be possible to strip single items from prisoners. And to force equip them with clothes.

It happens sometimes that I want to take their armor and helmets, but then release them to gain faction reputation.

However, if I strip them all the clothes are removed, and if they then rise up naked and walk out, they can easily die from the cold.

It plays out this way with allies: I rescue them when they are downed, I heal them up and strip them of their armor so that I can keep it. But then they are naked, once capable of walking they step out and freeze to death.

giannikampa

3 different meat types or 3 different vegetable types to be enough for fine meal recipe
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

SpaceDorf

Quote from: asanbr on July 19, 2017, 12:21:41 AM
It should be possible to strip single items from prisoners. And to force equip them with clothes.

It happens sometimes that I want to take their armor and helmets, but then release them to gain faction reputation.

However, if I strip them all the clothes are removed, and if they then rise up naked and walk out, they can easily die from the cold.

It plays out this way with allies: I rescue them when they are downed, I heal them up and strip them of their armor so that I can keep it. But then they are naked, once capable of walking they step out and freeze to death.

You can place stockpiles with clothes in the prison area which the prisoner then will wear.
I usually give tribalwear to my prisoners because it's dirt cheap and has no other use.
If you want them to survive the cold you could also give them back some of the crappiest parkas you have collected.
( stockpile setting for quality and condition percentage )
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

b0rsuk

Dynamically changing map size

In Total Annihilation, when you play campaign mode, you start on a small map. Then you achieve some objectives, and the map gets larger (i.e. 50x50 turns into 75x75, new areas are revealed). Upon achieving one more objective, the maps gets even larger.

It would be interesting to have something like this in Rimworld. If anything, it would stop the cheesy strategy where you build at the edge of map and enemies have to travel a very long distance.

Dargaron

It would be really great if pawns in caravans would automatically tend infections while on the move, given how frequently you get Manhunter encounters with tiny animals like hares, who can't be easily gunned down and inflict lots of little wounds that quickly get infected.

Thundercraft

I was just trying to write up the in-game description of a custom scenario when I ran into the character limit. Apparently, we are limited to 988 characters...

This seems too short to tell a reasonably detailed story background. You couldn't even make it an even 1000? Myself, I think we should be allowed at least 1500 characters, if not more.

Am I missing something? I mean, what's stopping you from increasing this? AFAIK, you could increase this number and that would not even break the use of existing scenarios.

Bolgfred

wealth statistic should be splitted into item types e.g. colonists/ressources/armor/weapons/furniture
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Ursa

Problem: Dead friends don't show up in social tab anymore but dead bonded animals do. I'd like the mentioned dead aquaintances to stay in the social tab even after death.
Also, the idea of mining steel seems kinda stupid. Mining iron and refining it to steel would add more realism as well as two new options instead of one for crafting furniture and weapons. Plasteel should be also craftable instead of mineable. I'd also like to see a way to produce hyperweave cloth.

Lexplosive

How about raiders sometimes have animals with them like wargs or huskies or any of those ''dogs''

But have it be a rare chance to have them have a rat for example or maybe even a megasloth

jamaicancastle

Quote from: Lexplosive on July 20, 2017, 12:58:03 PM
How about raiders sometimes have animals with them like wargs or huskies or any of those ''dogs''

But have it be a rare chance to have them have a rat for example or maybe even a megasloth
"Raid today. Three grizzly bears. The colony is lost..."

I like this idea. :D

TrashMan

A suggestion to increase performance and make modding easier:
- Right now, armor works by having a folder of images for each body type. That grossly inefficient if you have an armor that has only 1 or 2 appearances, as the game loads the same resources 4 times. It would be better if you simply define a folder per body type as a path, thus you can simply point to the same folder 4 times.

Dargaron

How about making Stone a valid material for butchering tables? That way, we can have a nice granite countertop for the poor, overworked chef.

giannikampa

stop (caring)feeding starving animals with best food on the map, they have no mood needs!
And as always.. sorry for my bad english