Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

Window

" 'Cause power is expensive for indoor day lamp"

- Random tribal prisoner in the darkness prison on 12h

maculator

Next to restricting a colonist 100% to a zone should be the option to restrict accepting workorders to a specific zone.

And beeing able to post something on the forum without reloading the page after typing would be neat too....

giannikampa

Equippable (apparels and wepons) have beauty on them, proportional to quality and hitpoints. So all legendary dressed pawns are kinda small pieces of arts walking around chearing up te view of themselves and people around. Low quality and tattered should be a little ugly as well.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Dargaron

Just a priority change, but predators that are hunting something should prioritize entering revenge mode over continuing to hunt. I just had a bear attack my dog, and even though I was shooting it with a charge rife (scoring several hits), it kept attacking the dog, and completely ignored the colonist shooting it with bullets/plasma! This isn't predator behavior: this is suicide-by-colonist.

EDIT: Also, predators should definitely prioritize eating corpses before hunting: I've had a colonist attacked by bears/wolves/cougars right after a tribal raid, when there are literally a dozen fresh bodies lying on the ground.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: khun_poo on September 10, 2017, 12:51:20 PM
Window

This and Green house roof a clear roof that allows light in. Or skylight.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

NeverPire

Quote from: Dargaron on September 12, 2017, 02:56:13 PM
Just a priority change, but predators that are hunting something should prioritize entering revenge mode over continuing to hunt. I just had a bear attack my dog, and even though I was shooting it with a charge rife (scoring several hits), it kept attacking the dog, and completely ignored the colonist shooting it with bullets/plasma! This isn't predator behavior: this is suicide-by-colonist.

EDIT: Also, predators should definitely prioritize eating corpses before hunting: I've had a colonist attacked by bears/wolves/cougars right after a tribal raid, when there are literally a dozen fresh bodies lying on the ground.
It could be reported in the bug section.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Wanderer_joins

Make alpacas the pack animals in jungle instead of muffaloes

giannikampa

+2 "survived a fight adrenaline" mood bonus for 12 hrs.

triggers with the end of an incident involvig combat.

affects those in a base map that got rided.
affects raiders/raided caravan on the world map.
affects colonists fighting.

some traits could ignore this mood bonus

NicholasRC7

Here's a suggestion (helpful with certain mod compatibility), Incapable of violence: Can equip weapons but can't use them. (Some mods require an item to be held [Flowers, bandages, pickaxes, etc.] but not used for violence.)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: khun_poo on September 10, 2017, 12:51:20 PM
Window

Isn't that what torches and molotovs are for ?

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Vlad0mi3r

How about 2 tiles extra length to sunlamps power cables. Actually 1 would do but 2 would be nice.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Mehni

Nocturnal animals.

Juvenile wild animals, guarded by the herd.

maculator

Embrassures and windows.
Barbedwire and tilled mud.
More than one turret.
Wild animals breeding (never seen it happen so I guess it isnt a thing right now).

giannikampa

Make Ambrosia part of a recipe for at the crafting spot:
Ambrosia + palnt pot = "Plantpotted Ambrosia"

You have the outcome plant pot reinstallable or uninstallable.

It is a good way to take your ambrosia nearby you, you better keep it under sunlamp light so it'll mature and give you its fruits.

When ambrosia plant in the pot reaches it's natural lifetime it dies like it was wild and the ambrosia plantpot becomes a normal plant pot back.

Ambrosia plantpot has a considerable price and you can sell it and exotic traders have a chance to have some to sell to you.

warbrand2

my small ideas

1.kindling tile: tile that costs hay and wood, easily lit on fire can burn for a day and a half good temporary defense. (would require molotovs or other burn items)

2. small bonded pets sleep on bed with owner

3. infestation beacon: a small beacon bough a a trader when placed will cause an infestation next to it. (I had an insect farm once do to an infestation and it was nice.)

boarder road: tag an area for road construction between you and an ally causes alows for easier trading, warning raiders may attack from road. (might not be an easy idea)