Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrykSzczescie

Brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law are missing, etc.

tetkris

Slower: gamespeed slower than normal 1x , maybe 0.5x

Originate

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but - Traders eating my food. I just bought Pemmican off traders because my colony is starving. Before there was even time for me to haul it the traders had eaten it all.

BlueMarble007

Grow zone colour based on plant it grows

sweetmilk

different foods zone color...

search option map...

zone for visitor or trader stop...

more haircut....

khun_poo

AlwaysBugged

Add reputation for your base, at least for traders and orbital traders.

Y'know, if i'm emptying the cargo hold of almost every trader that passes by and selling them excellent quality stuff without fail, word should spread around you can make money at my place.

What pirate merchant wouldn't visit you if he has a 100% chance of succesfully selling all slaves and buying 10000 joints?

Or at least add a way to make orbital traders appear more often.

AileTheAlien

Quote from: tonsrd on October 11, 2017, 07:58:55 PM
0.75 / 0.5 ui scale
I'd also like another one or two larger scales 1.5 or 2.0 or something (away from gaming computer now).
I've got a large-ish monitor, and am not a young person with perfect eyesight - larger UI elements would help me out! :)

Quote from: sweetmilk on October 14, 2017, 09:01:39 AM
different foods zone color
Another cheap idea - make the borders of grow/food/other zones more visibly distinct. Right now it's hard to see where they begin and end.

PatrykSzczescie

I think about a more comfortable way for assigning colonists to animals. It takes plenty of time to click on the list, seek for the colonist I am looking for and click on the colonist's name when we have a lot of animals. Especially when we want to change a tamer, it would be pretty handy if there was an option to assign all animals to the tamer.

gaf

- Larger trees.
Just scale up the tree graphics 1.5x to 2x and if possible give them a little more variation with a couple more sprites per tree type and individual size variation. This will make it easier to see the difference between saplings and fully grown trees and will make the different map types vary more in appearance as "forest" areas will actually have some areas with overlapping trees.

Kirby23590

I'm always annoyed by the trees that you can't chop unless they are 70% or 100% fully grown... otherwise chopping the ungrown or 38% grown trees right now yields no wood...

Why not use different textures for the trees showing that they are still saplings or that they are still young like they are very thin or small and yields very little or no wood.
But when the tree is grown enough and is old enough which means the tree is choppable it should tell me that it is an grown tree.

What i'm trying to say is that the trees in rimworld should use textures to tell if they are harvestable or not.
So i don't think this is hard to implement.  ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

giannikampa

On mechanoid units extend the switching to melee attack from "on touch" to 1 square away from them.
So to have more action using existng mechanics, maybe a reasonable "kiting" chance for the player on centipedes.
Scythers may become scarier because of their speed
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Vlad0mi3r

Packaged survival meals not giving the ate without table debuff. I see them as being like military ration packs, setup to not need a table to be eaten comfortably.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

NeverPire

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on October 18, 2017, 06:02:15 PM
Packaged survival meals not giving the ate without table debuff. I see them as being like military ration packs, setup to not need a table to be eaten comfortably.
Except that they give a mood bonus as excellent food, which is far from being the case of military rations.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

kulg

I REAAAAALLLY want to be able to set a priority for my colonists to eat certain foods before others. I have a bunch of frozen simple meals and they keep eating all my packaged survival meals! I need those for travel! I'd rather they eat kibble than the packaged survival meals! either set a priority that is more helpful or let us set them. that's my idea.