Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaf

New event: Starving refugees
Similar to the chased person prompt, but instead of one it's a large number of people (maybe 6+) all in bad condition: starving, maybe injured and with tattered clothing. There is no-one chasing them, so the risk of taking them on is simply that you will not have enough food/clothes/shelter for them and your existing colonists. If you decide to say no there's a small chance they'll attack out of desperation, even though they probably won't pose much of a threat.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: gaf on October 20, 2017, 02:09:05 AM
New event: Starving refugees

thank you, for pointing out such an obvious and great scenario :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SmallEquine

Actual small talk dialogue between colonists. Procedurally generated conversations based on mood and likeness toward the other colonist. I'm tired of seeing a talk bubble about the dog or food.

Vent

I know it's been suggested before, but:

New Event: Invasive Weeds
Spawns a group of weeds at the edge of the map that proliferate quickly and kill off native vegetation. If the player doesn't get a hold of the infestation early on, it can spread and make growing crops very difficult. Perhaps some weeds could be particularly nasty with thorns and such, and could hurt colonists who try to deal with them by hand. Send in the muffalo and/or fire!

The difference between this and the other ideas I've seen suggested is that it would be a one-time event, not an ongoing problem for all maps. Because really, weeding isn't fun in real life, nor would it be in RimWorld. But I do think an event like this could be a more interesting and engaging threat to crops, especially compared to blights which suddenly and arbitrarily take crops out.

New Event: Caught in the Crossfire
Two opposing factions start a battle and the player's colony is caught in the middle. It could just spawn raiders on either side of the map and have them move toward each other. This event would probably only be a big deal if one or both sides had explosives or fire-causing weapons. I'm thinking specifically that tribal warfare wouldn't endanger the player's colonists that much unless they were already hostile.

Kushist

I love this game! I would love it even more if i could buy it again for my switch; so i would be able to take it on the go!
Any thoughts on making it a switch game?

Keep up the good work!!

asanbr

Quote from: kulg on October 20, 2017, 12:08:56 AM
I REAAAAALLLY want to be able to set a priority for my colonists to eat certain foods before others. I have a bunch of frozen simple meals and they keep eating all my packaged survival meals! I need those for travel! I'd rather they eat kibble than the packaged survival meals! either set a priority that is more helpful or let us set them. that's my idea.

Food priorities is needed and a lot of people asked for it already. And there are mods if you want it right now.

For your specific situation though, standard play would be to forbid survival meals. I always do that until there is a real emergency.

asanbr

Why can't we build plasteel floors?

Kirby23590

I don't know if this has been suggested before but i think the colonist hunting needs...
A little revamp in the Hunting AI.

Colonists that are hunting can't even hit sleeping muffalo or a sleeping alphabeaver since they are laying down asleep which gives them a lower chance to hit them and they are doing it far away!

But this is easily solvable by drafting the hunter and bringing him or her in touch range and attacking the sleeping animal that you are hunting.

So why not the pawns make them do that themselves? I mean that the hunters in the game always goes for the kill when the animal is downed but why not when they are asleep?

This change would make it a little less repetitive :D i don't know if a mod exists for this..

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Kirby23590

Quote from: asanbr on October 21, 2017, 05:55:44 AM

There's T's MoreFloors Which adds plasteel floors. But i don't know but plasteel is expensive and valuable uncommon metal for building turrets and plasteel doors and swords. 

NeverPire

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 21, 2017, 06:08:25 AM
Quote from: asanbr on October 21, 2017, 05:55:44 AM

There's T's MoreFloors Which adds plasteel floors. But i don't know but plasteel is expensive and valuable uncommon metal for building turrets and plasteel doors and swords.
Actually uranium swords are better.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Kirby23590

Oh i didn't know that! And also uranium is also good for blunt weapons and making shield belts or cryptosleep caskets in emergencies. To be honest... uranium is kind of underused in rimworld vanilla or maybe it's just me.  :-\

Razul Antiwield

I find it somewhat irritating that you don't know when your colonists are going to marry. It would be nice if the date was added to the engagement notification and perhaps to the social panel under the colonist's fiance.

Songleaves

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 21, 2017, 08:06:21 AM
Oh i didn't know that! And also uranium is also good for blunt weapons and making shield belts or cryptosleep caskets in emergencies. To be honest... uranium is kind of underused in rimworld vanilla or maybe it's just me.  :-\

The slowdown due to using uranium actually makes it one of the worst blunt damage materials in terms of DPS, behind even wood. Of course DPS doesn't matter if you one shot your opponents http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Weapons#Material_.2F_Quality_Modifiers

I'd like to suggest that if your colonist looses their nose, they don't gain as great of a mood buff from fine and lavish meals, given that they can't smell them and therefore can't enjoy them as much.

Limdood

Quote from: Songleaves on October 28, 2017, 02:21:23 AM
Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 21, 2017, 08:06:21 AM

The slowdown due to using uranium actually makes it one of the worst blunt damage materials in terms of DPS, behind even wood. Of course DPS doesn't matter if you one shot your opponents http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Weapons#Material_.2F_Quality_Modifiers

Yup, you're looking for stone or plasteel for all your weapon needs.

Stone for 1-shot blunt damage
plasteel for dps and all blade weapons

Wraithling

'Caravaneer' trait - prevents loss of joy, and greatly reduced mental break chance while traveling in a caravan.