Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaf

Simple: Place furniture right side up.
Maybe it's just me, but I find it very irritating that when placing furniture (and other things?) to be built the initial orientation is upside down compared to the preview in the menu. For example graves have the headstone down instead of up, beds the pillow end down instead of up etc. So you have to rotate it twice if you want the right side up-orientation I think most players prefer.

mistomaxo

please use or have an option to use a static Zzz bubble above sleeping characters+animals instead of the animated Zs. (also applies but to a lesser extent to other little animations too, i suppose) my computer is a bit old and when i play the game on a map that has wildlife on it i lose framerate noticeably at night and all those animated Zs floating around is my best guess as to a cause. i can keep my colonist numbers and tame animal numbers under control, but more wildlife is always wandering in no matter how much i hunt them down

Barley

How about a new trap: Snares

They cause low bleeding damage and hold the trapped in place. Less lethal on its own but useful for animals and slowing down assaults. Humaniods can free themselves (UI would be a right-click+"Remove Snare" Drop down). Useful to stop charging berzerkers if only for a second.

Spare74

Give us an option to contact the other faction to buy back our kidnapped pawns.

When one of my high value colonist gets kidnapped it's really annoying that my only options are to hope for a ransom event or that my pawn raids me...

Evelyn

Quote from: Spare74 on November 01, 2017, 02:22:38 PM
Give us an option to contact the other faction to buy back our kidnapped pawns.

When one of my high value colonist gets kidnapped it's really annoying that my only options are to hope for a ransom event or that my pawn raids me...

If this doesn't get added, and it seriously bothers you, you can force the event to fire by enabling development mode and executing the incident. It's just like four buttons.

Spare74

Yeah sure, which is why it's a cheap thing to implement imo :)

mcguckin

Yo,

Last time I played Minecraft with my son I began to imagine what Minecraft would be like with Rim World storytelling.  I suggest you turn rim world 3d.  Rim World could become a Minecraft on steroids...it could become a billion-dollar franchise and Microsoft would come knocking to buy you out.

Have you ever wondered what Minecraft would be like if Characters built their own towns,  farmed, mined, hauled goods hunt, tame, without any human intervention?

...for shits and grins!  If you play one playthrough of Minecraft you might begin to see what I did. 

Take care Buddy

mistomaxo

since bionic limbs and stuff are already items ingame, and since colonists are able to build items as complex as spaceship parts and charge rifles, i think buildable bionic limbs/organs/etc. at very high levels of research would be good and not too hard to implement.

well you probably get that suggested a lot, and maybe are already planning on it

Call me Arty

Quote from: mcguckin on November 03, 2017, 02:47:06 AM
. . .turn rim world 3d.

Not sure if that's too cheap there, buddy.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Razul Antiwield

It would probably be a good idea to allow players to prioritize putting out fires even if they aren't in your home area. This is particularly annoying when a wildfire is encroaching on your base but you have to include it in your home area to put it out.

DjoDjo1989

the people who left behind in the ship, you can make it so there are dead on the map. so it looks like they also crashed. or there escape pods dint work or something.

mistomaxo

slings and their slingstones/bullets as a tribal-level ranged weapon which does blunt damage

crossbows and muskets to serve as transitions between premodern ranged weapons and modern ranged weapons

if you sell tribes modern ranged weapons, or they acquire them by any other means, they should use them. you dont need advanced scientific knowledge to load them and pull a trigger

bayonets for certain types of ranged weapons?

the merging of the sidearms mod into vanilla (counts as a cheap idea because theres already a mod doing it)

a merging of that mod that has ammunition limits, ammunition manufacturing, etc. into vanilla functionality (as an option) (counts as a cheap idea because theres already a mod doing it)

a couple melee weapons beyond plasteel longswords, made with sci fi tech

hand-held fire extinguishers that enhance firefighting (firefoam poppers and stuff already exist, why not a handheld version?)

tasers and tranquilizer darts

Diana Winters

R. Daneel Olivaw

Start with a18 tribal stuff with tribe start
Ice sheet survival:
Day 1: 3 colonists, 10 meals, 2 dogs
Day 2: 3 colonists, 10 meals, 1 dog
Day 3: 1 colonists, 1 pyromaniac, 15 meals, 1 dog
Day 4: 1 colonist, 3 meals, dogskin tribalwear
Day 5: 3 scythers, 2 centipedes
11/10 would play again

Kalre

More time to react to infestations and drop pods on your base, an infestacion on vanilla cassandra while people are sleep its literally game over :(