Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jausten

Animal area column headers: Single click on column header assigns all animals to that area.

In my current game I had a thriving "farm to rack" clothing industry, with over 50 alpacas supplying the raw materials. And whenever a raid was coming I'd assign every animal--one at a time--to a safe area so they wouldn't be caught in the crossfire, then assign them back to the pasture when the raid was over. This was so tedious that I finally sold them all off.

Paul_

Zooming is too slow (middle mouse button), please add adjustable speed into game settings.

NeverPire

Quote from: agnar on November 09, 2017, 01:35:07 PM
Job at Crematorium - Burn corpse with Apparel
With a filter between differents materials, qualities and items.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Limdood

I'm aware that the devs don't want containers and other things that increase the amount of an item in a single tile in vanilla, BUT...

What about adding stack size to the list of adjustable stats in the scenario editor?  It won't be in vanilla any more than increased rest effectiveness or increased carry capacity are in vanilla, but would prevent people from having to use a mod for this

giannikampa

make "animal revenge" a paused event: expecially predators have to be handled and every second counts
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

agnar

Whenever smokeleaf is buring (the growing plants), all Colonists in a small radius should get the Stoned on smokeleaf condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ph4aBjFAcQ

video related

Nightmare2772

Several Ideas:
-Burning drugs in a campfire while indoors fills the room with smoke that carries the effect of said drug.
-Non-lethal weaponry
-Sprinklers, placed the same way as power conduits but require a water source
-Vehicles: Tamed animals, motorcycle, jeep or truck, exosuit, tank
-Tesla weapon that arcs to nearby enemies
-Turret and mortar upgrades
-Spike defenses
-Diplomatic solutions to raids
-Napalm thrower
-Mechanoid Reprogramming bench for turning mechanoids into colonists
-Bunk beds
-Auto-Surgeon bench, placed beside a hospital bed, will perform treatment and operations automatically
-IV bag, placed next to a hospital bed and filled with nutrient supplement will keep hunger up
-Crops; Sugarcane, coffee bean, magic mushrooms(sprouts like ambrosia), cocoa, fruit trees
-Drugs: Tobacco, tranquilizer, magic mushroom, opioid
-MRI bench and Therapy chair( Therapy chair used to slowly remove unwanted traits, MRI bench used to treat head wounds and more accurately use therapy)
-Interrogation chair and Torture table, used for gathering valuable info from prisoners

RNGesus46

1.) add horses, 2.) if every colonist on a caravan has a horse to ride it should be significantly faster.

Olegon

Quote from: jausten on November 10, 2017, 07:39:09 AM
Animal area column headers: Single click on column header assigns all animals to that area.
Good idea. Look at Fluffy's "Animals Tab" Mod. Maybe in future this mod will be integrated.

mistomaxo

if youre adding dressers for bedrooms... let clothing items be stored in them

mistomaxo

Quote from: Third_Of_Five on November 08, 2017, 02:41:56 PM
Fences 
I want to be able to contain my animals in a certain area to protect them from predators, but it seems excessive that I have to build a full-blown wall just to do it. Fences could work as a new type of structure to fill this gap. Cheap to build, easy to destroy, good for penning up animals. Basically they'd be like sandbags except you can't walk over them. Also fences would be very fitting for Rimworld's western-y style.

Any thoughts? Do the devs already plan to add in some of these?

fences and more variety in barriers in general would be a good plus. imagine stone fortifications with shooting slits, for example. barbed wire. all sorts of possibilities

BadgeAddict

Gates, similar to Auto-Doors which can be opened/closed by activating/deactivating a power switch.
Thought is: Let the bandits in through the door, close the door behind them. When they try to flee, they have to break out, allowing you to kill the rest of them.

Viewer

If multiple colonists have the Hunt task, there should be an option to select them and right-click to "Form Hunting Party", possibly adding the hunt icon to their profile picture to distinguish them. The right-click option would also give the option to "Disband Hunting Party" and "Remove (name) from Hunting Party".

mistomaxo

thats a good idea viewer, and would hopefully cut down on fiascos where a beaver nibbles a lone hunter to death

Viewer

Thanks. To clarify on that point, the party would, when beginning a hunt, assemble at a point adjacent to one another, with the pawn with the longest-ranged weapon firing first, and the others providing support fire when able.