Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamaicancastle

Quote from: mistomaxo on November 19, 2017, 10:32:45 AM
Quote from: Viewer on November 13, 2017, 09:08:05 PM
Thanks. To clarify on that point, the party would, when beginning a hunt, assemble at a point adjacent to one another, with the pawn with the longest-ranged weapon firing first, and the others providing support fire when able.
hmm but viewer, what happens when they take down an animal? wont one of them have to grab it an bring it back? will they travel back together as a group or will just one of them grab it and take it back, leaving the rest to continue? wont this eventually still result in a hunter solo hunting as the rest are engaged in hauling the corpses back?

also, i think they should engage at the max range of the lowest range weapon the group has, so they can all fire together.
I think the notion is that they would stick together for protection. So one pawn would take the kill back and the others would trail them. And they would engage at the longest possible range for the same reasons pawns do now, to minimize damage from revenge.

The party would be much less efficient than everyone doing their own thing, but a lot safer in the case of e.g. dangerous animals or large packs that can have group revenge.

Rei-No

My cheapest idea is to remove the need for a tribes person to be level 4 in construction to build a simple cooler,  why because my colonist can build an industrail strength  electric cooler from the start
my tribes person is laying on the floor dying, because someone decided you need to be level 4 to construct it..  I find that grossly unfair.  a colonist can't build a fire until level 3 but can build that electric cooler from the start.  I don't mind that I've had to live off of raw food.. but I do mind a heat wave killing my colonist, because he has to be level 4 to build it, I'm currenlty level 2 at building I started a 0..  it takes a very very long time, when your playing a solo game to get to level 4 building.. I can't build a box that is filled with water and a small fan in it..  but....

mistomaxo

make maces significantly different from clubs. their statistics seem to be nearly identical right now, according to the wiki

florisjan

I would like the ctrl-left/right system available for all animal zones, as setting them to unrestricted/home makes them eat all my food. So Shift click on zone one, all animals are assigned to zone one.

Fj

florisjan

I'd like to always be able to see the ground info, so maybe move it when menus are open, so it always falls bottom left but visible?

Fj

algaeninja

Fire Fighting zone: a non-home zone where fires are put out.

getfreur

invide a faction to a party to increase relations or to make a red wedding type of ambush.

NeverPire

Quote from: getfreur on November 21, 2017, 10:12:39 PM
invide a faction to a party to increase relations or to make a red wedding type of ambush.
Or to a peace talk, as opponents factions can do with you.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Livingston I Presume

Search bar for stockpiles and storage areas?

getfreur

Quote from: NeverPire on November 22, 2017, 04:07:55 AM
Quote from: getfreur on November 21, 2017, 10:12:39 PM
Or to a peace talk, as opponents factions can do with you.

Well the idea is to warm relations between faction, you can call a hostile faction but they can betray you doing like troy or you can betray then doing like red wedding, it would be up to the player.

Bolgfred

material selection for pilum like spears. Eg Steel and plasteel

Slingshots would be nice aswell as blunt range with very bad melee competence
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

gegecouc

Make tribes need to research steel before being able to make any items (or at the very least forniture/walls)with it. Imo, steel walls don't make sense for a tribe at the start of the game.

Gives us an option to scale the ui to less than 1x, since we only have options to scale it up. 0,75 or 0,8 would be good enough <3

algaeninja

Cleaning zones: zones where muck is cleaned but fires aren't fought.

algaeninja

Soot: substance needed to be cleaned that blocks all plant growth until it decomposes giving a growth boost. Only caused by non-man made fires.

Paul_

Dog sledding for cold areas
- caravans in >-50C are just death march..