Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

In my last playthrough and attacking some item stashes guarded by enemy factions along the way.

I didn't realize that some of the members were family members and i accidentally killed them.

I think there should be a popup saying that. When attacking a base or an outpost they should display relationship at the end of the attack has begun. saying that one of my colonist's family members are in there. So i would know not to accidentally kill them.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

reteo

How about this one: add a switch to the cooler to swap the cold and hot sides.  Then rename it as an "air conditioner."  It will keep the place warm during cold snaps or winter, and will keep the place cool during a heat wave.  Granted, it will obsolete the standalone heater, but I prefer to keep air conditioning out-of-the-way of the furniture, anyways.

rickyrooster

Something that increase carry capacity (hauling and map) and takes the place of the armor vest

ServietteRussian

A zone tool where you can designate specific areas to be cleaned before other areas, such as kitchen areas then bedrooms then everywhere else.

corestandeven

A 'sell all deadman apparel' one-click button in the trade menu. Clicking it moves all deadmens clothes to sell (assuming the trader accepts clothes). I hate having to select each bit of deadmens clothing seperately, especially for the low amount of money you get.

Goldenpotatoes

A way to tell a colonist to wear an article of clothing while still abiding by their outfit set. Currently forcing a colonist to wear something is essentially telling them to wear it till it gets destroyed, which is annoying.

Snafu_RW

UI modification: Switch off 'Environmental Display' while hovering over a button (or even button area): the current display, while useful, makes seeing the correct button to click (to turn it off) very difficult WRT the tiny toggles in bottom right, esp. on small screens (eg laptops)

While I'm on that subject (bottom right toggle buttons), ISTM a lot of players forget about that area until very experienced (watching vids, looking around here etc); possibly colour the button toggles slightly differently or even make them larger so they're a little more obvious?
Dom 8-)

Thunder Rahja

When a colonist harvests from a pawn (milk, wool, organs, etc), put the extracted item in the colonist's inventory for hauling rather than dropping it on the ground.

This would help prevent items from being left outside to deteriorate or spoil, especially in cases where animals are allowed outside to graze and handlers go all the way out to the animals to harvest from them.

khun_poo

Make copy and paste button on material selection in the workbench.

It's very useful when creating multiple bill with the same material. For example, hat, t-shirt, pants and duster without using human leather. So I need to disable human leather in hat bill then copy material and paste it in the rest.

bier00t

Patrickonium

When you attempt to prioritize a task for a colonist for a category they are not assigned to, expand the inoperative context menu "... not assigned to (x)" with two additional selectable items:
"Make an exception" - this allows the task anyway, adding it to the colonist's queue
"Assign colonist to (x)" - this updates the assignments for the colonist with the default priority, and adds the task to the colonist's queue.
Of course, if the colonist will never do(x), these aren't available.
This will save a *lot* of time that goes to micromanagement.

jchavezriva

Add option to put animals in cryosleep caskets please! Right now the option only spawns when they are beaten until not being able to walk.

giannikampa

Make visible the skill being used at any moment
if the carachter window is showed
by blinking at different shade color the skill bar involved
in a way that we can see it even while they are on the way to perform a job or are hauling for that job

i would appreciate to see the most possible non invasive informations
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

QuantumNelly

Customization of season lengths.

khun_poo

freely arrange position of colonist picture on top of screen.

Right now is Colonist A, Colonist B, Colonist C and will stay like that for the end (of their life).

It would be great If I can change it to be like Colonist C, Colonist A, Colonist B or whatever I feel like. It's make me manage grouping colonist better.