Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzoxz0

Have you ever tried holding a gun with platemail gloves?

Ruptga

I imagine it wouldn't work very well, and they could have a large penalty to manipulation the way plate mail does for movement. 

However the devs go about it, something should be done.  We have guys surviving doomsday rocket hits then walking themselves to the hospital, and we have guys losing toes to social fights and mad deer.  The severity of the consequences aren't matching up to the severity of the threat, and there's nothing the player can do about it.

MalGaron

I have a really simple suggestion, I've been making a mod for last couple days and I decided to add some armor and too the lfak armor as a "guide", and I found that the flak pants have two layers: on skin and middle, which I found out is why they show up in the middle section when you are making pawns in the mod called "ED - Prepare Carefully", so my suggestion is to remove the middle layer from the xml files.

NeverPire

Quote from: MalGaron on October 03, 2018, 06:18:58 PM
I have a really simple suggestion, I've been making a mod for last couple days and I decided to add some armor and too the lfak armor as a "guide", and I found that the flak pants have two layers: on skin and middle, which I found out is why they show up in the middle section when you are making pawns in the mod called "ED - Prepare Carefully", so my suggestion is to remove the middle layer from the xml files.
Looks more like a bug for me, or at least something weird. I propose you report it in the bug section.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Aszh

When you draft a pawn with a meal out, make them put it back in their inventory instead of on the ground.

Limdood

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 02, 2018, 03:09:12 AM
Have you ever tried holding a gun with platemail gloves?

Yes actually.  With most full gauntlets (as opposed to half gauntlets, which cover the hand but not fingers), there is simply a large plate covering all of the fingers and locking them into a mostly closed position (like holding a sword hilt or spear haft).  There's no reason that full gauntlets couldn't wrap around a hand that is gripping a gun grip, and finger function within the confines of squeezing a trigger wouldn't be significantly impacted.

LOADING a gun is COMPLETELY another matter.  In fact, even letting go of the gun would be time intensive and difficult

vzoxz0

Limdood lives in the Congo, he wears plate armour and wields guns to protect himself from wild squirrels.

Aszh

I had a colonist addicted to smokeleaf with a huge smokeleaf tolerance.  She got carcinoma in both lungs.  I grabbed some new lungs from prisoners and gave them to her.  A few days later, she got carcinoma again from Smokeleaf Dependence (large), even though she had smoked nothing since and had new lungs.

Replacing lungs, kidneys, or what have you depending on the drug should probably halve or in some other way reduce their dependence, OR the chance for cancer shouldn't be based on the dependence.  Makes no sense she gets totally new lungs and gets carcinoma again.

NeverPire

Quote from: Aszh on October 07, 2018, 12:50:02 PM
I had a colonist addicted to smokeleaf with a huge smokeleaf tolerance.  She got carcinoma in both lungs.  I grabbed some new lungs from prisoners and gave them to her.  A few days later, she got carcinoma again from Smokeleaf Dependence (large), even though she had smoked nothing since and had new lungs.

Replacing lungs, kidneys, or what have you depending on the drug should probably halve or in some other way reduce their dependence, OR the chance for cancer shouldn't be based on the dependence.  Makes no sense she gets totally new lungs and gets carcinoma again.
I advise you to report it in the bug section.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Bobthegoat

Save stockpile settings.

Setting up stockpiles is a "massive" time sink for me.

I have 100's of hours on Rimworld, but I have breaks between so I end up making new colonies a lot. Lets just say 20% of my game is taken up by trying to remember what items need to be roofed, what needs to be refridgerated, what is expensive so needs protection from raiders etc.

It would be awesome to have a saved set, even for people who don't restart games as much as I do :D

B@R5uk

— Colonists assigned to growing should immediately set off to cut infected plants as a blight hits. Or at least there should be a tool to mass-select cells with blighted plants to be cut. It's a very tedious and boring task to manually select all and every cell especially when they multiplies with time on very-very large field of crop. Surely it should be automatized in one way or another.

— When research is finished and player hits "Go to research screen" button the game should be paused, so that, when player selects new research and unpauses the game, assigned for research pawns can continue their work, not doing anything else.

— It would be nice if player can specify a place where incoming friendly factions caravans can wander around with appropriate table nearby like he can do with caravan packing spot and party spot for his colonists. There is many trivial but annoying problems such a feature can solve.

— In pursuit of caravan subject, it would be good if there was a button for traders that come into colony, the same button every friendly faction colony has, that shows what type of goods a trader would buy. Some times it's really waste of time to send a colonist to negotiate with a trader only to find out there is nothing to sell or to buy.

— It would be really great if I could specify with which food if at all and in what order my cattlemen should train their animals. In most cases I certainly prefer kibble for all, then meat for dogs and wheat for wools. If there is nothing else, then that's it. I'm absolutely can not allow my dogs to be trained with milk or eggs or anything else that costs a lot, that's for sale. This order of things can and most likely will depend on biome and available food, thus the need of such feature.

— Also you definitely should remove family relationships for tamed animals. When I look at this list with "father, grandfather: dromdary 1; mother, sister: dromdary 3; sister, niece: dead; brother, uncle: dead" I want to just slaughter out this hell of the family and buy or tame a new one. There is no real impact on the game that comes from these relationships, so why bother? It's not like we can breed some kind of Quarter Horse or Tennessee Walker, they all the same. For those who like this kind of things you can save mother/father and son/daughter relationships, but dead entries should be removed utterly. As well as sold entries.

— I think that drag lab work speed factor should depend on room cleanliness, like research bench speed factor do. It does not make sense when you can produce med kits in the same room stonecutters chopping up their stones. Or maybe you should introduce chance to fail drug production if room is too dirty like this happens with food poisoning. I'm thinking myself that combining both approaches would be more interesting.

— Techprof subpersona core is rare enough artifact to be able to teach colony ANY technology colony doesn't now, not only these colony has access to. I don't think this breaks balance a lot, but in some cases this item can really become a nice present to fight for.

— Not sure if it's a bug or not, but colonists CAN smooth walls in the corners of rooms, whereas player CAN NOT assign them with this job manually, as a message "no path" pops up. I hope colonists continue to be able do such a job in the future (because corners are taken into account for rooms' beauty) as well as player will be able to assign pawns with corner smoothing. This is especially relevant for under-mountain fallout-type bases.

— I would like to ask you to add option to allow or disallow rescued or released from slavery pawns join to the colony. I really don't like to banish someone even if I don't like him, at the same time I don't like abandon those in trouble, but I certainly don't allow unneeded or even more so troubling people into colony. Let them have affiliation with some of the factions and count rescue into goodwill should player refuse them to join.

— And at the end I implore you to add 1x3, 2x3 and 2x5 tables into the game! Please, really, please!!!

b0rsuk

People you rescued (healed, left the map etc...) may show up when a faction sends help to you. They would be bonus warriors, not counting towards the normal limit.

Handbanana

When drafted, if you order a colonist to attack another colonist (or pawn from allied/neutral faction), I think a confirmation window should pop-up, saying something like "REALLY attack (pawn name)?".

I just lost a colonist because I accidently told someone to melee attack them (it was a crowded fight and there was lots of stuff going on, so I wasn't paying close attention)
Tonight... you.

vzoxz0

Maybe just pay better attention. You have a pause button.

Handbanana

That's less convenient than I'd like.
Tonight... you.