Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasiek0202

Water should freeze to ice when it is below 0 celcius for a couple days
You can't observe a corpse if you've eaten it

Zaltys

Dogs should get sick from eating chocolate.

toyda

Achievements will upgrade the game for sure. Both in stories and revenue.
A bunch of friends are just waiting for achievements when I ask them about Rimworld.
Achievements will allows more types of stories, incresing creativity. Are they simple to do? We do not need a lot of them, just a few will create positive reactions and new stories.

ManHuntingSquirrel

C4 and C4 Raid

The C4 could be like a granade but it doesn't explode  until you press a button on the "Interaction Bar" (You know what im talking about,right?) and with better throw accuracy

The C4 Raid could be like a raid but the raiders won't focus on killing,they will focus on getting to the richest spot in the colony,plant the bomb and then escape. The raiders COULD pick up the C4 when the raider that carried it dies or they could flee when the carrier dies,that's up to you.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

5thHorseman

Quote from: toyda on January 15, 2019, 02:35:00 PM
Achievements will upgrade the game for sure. Both in stories and revenue.
A bunch of friends are just waiting for achievements when I ask them about Rimworld.
Achievements will allows more types of stories, incresing creativity. Are they simple to do? We do not need a lot of them, just a few will create positive reactions and new stories.

First off, I agree with you 100%
Secondly, Tynan et al disagree with you 100%

If your friends will not play the game without achievements, tell them they won't play the game. If they're waiting for them, tell them to stop waiting.

Achievements will never be in the game. Source: Tynan.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

ManHuntingSquirrel

I don't know how to program stuff so i don't know if any of these suggestions are cheap or not,anyone tell me if they are programmers. I will also include how it could be like when implemented and also marked the suggestions with colors so you know which i think are the cheapest,going from green (Pretty cheap) to Red (Almost expensive)

Boats,if you have enough to carry all the weight on your caravan (Counting living beings) you could travel on sea. Just make an item that lets you walk over the water and disables events (Or allows new ones)

Brick bridges that cross big rivers and seas on the world map.  Make a road that crosses water.

New event: Suicidal pawn,only appears in bridges and doesn't rely on violence but on social skill (If a pawn is from the suicidal's family he haves more chances of convincing him to not jump). This one is a bit harder to make,maybe put a pawn at the edge of the bridge and if not convinced (Like with a prisoner but with a very small
upgrade to the chances) he will jump,making sad the one who tried to help,if convinced he will join the colony.

Pawns should play with their animals,playing catch with medium sized animals and petting small or big snimals. With medium sized animals you could have a pawn staying still while the animal runs away and comes back,with the small/big ones you could have the pawn and the animal in front of each other while they have a "pet" social interaction.

Be able to harvest eyes. Add a new organ item that affects view when given to a pawn.

Radios! Like a TV but it has a different joy tipe, maybe you could fuse this idea with the comms computer and make it like if they are talking with someone from a friendly or even a secondary colony of yours that also haves a comms computer,this could make your colonist improve or worsen relations with the other pawn,making interesting scenarios like your colonist fighting with a pawn from a friendly caravan he previously hated or befriending a pawn from a faction that later raided the colony,making him sad when killed and even happier when recruited. This is probably not very cheap.

Disable the option to talk with tribesmen with the comms computer,not going to explain why.

ManHuntingSquirrel

Do people read this texts? This topic is pinned but it's oddly desertic.

5thHorseman

Quote from: ManHuntingSquirrel on January 19, 2019, 10:03:37 PM
Do people read this texts? This topic is pinned but it's oddly desertic.

I suspect, now that the game's released, that this thread is far less perused by Ludeon.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

Kirby23590

Well yea, since 1.0 is released, so Ludeon and Tynan aren't going look at the Suggestions anymore, the only people who would visit them will be the modders but i don't know if a Developer or Tynan himself is looking at this and hearing us, for their secret projecrt... :-X

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: Kirby23590 on January 20, 2019, 01:29:23 PM
Well yea, since 1.0 is released, so Ludeon and Tynan aren't going look at the Suggestions anymore, the only people who would visit them will be the modders but i don't know if a Developer or Tynan himself is looking at this and hearing us, for their secret projecrt... :-X

TYNAN!! If you're reading this,answer or i will...i will not buy your book!!!

Adrivan

Suggestion: When you select the type of materials to be used when crafting a weapon or clothing, you should be able to see somewhere what are the multipliers applied by a certain material. Right now, every time I'm making a shirt, I need to go to the wiki page to check which of my leathers to use for better sharp protection, since I have no information in the game about this. (other than searching for every material in my stockpile and clicking details on each one of them)

nosNachos

Change settings for the shelf and the temperature items whilst they're still in their blueprint form. This includes a paste function for the shelf, preferably.

This would make management somewhat easier and reduce resource- and time-wasting.

Sheafurby

Being able to split screen view of different colonies would be awesome! Would be nice on one monitor and even better if allowed over multiple monitors. I figure it would be cheap as the actions are already happening simultaneously in the different colonies they just aren't being displayed so the option would just enable the vidoe of each.

5thHorseman

Placing a heater in a room (or connected set of rooms by vent) that already has a heater sets the target temperature to what the other heaters in the same room (or connected set of rooms by vent) are already set to. Same with coolers.

That way I'll stop accidentally leaving one of my freezer coolers at 70 degrees F. :D

ToXeye

Hydroponics that do not require a sunlamp.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\