Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regret

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on April 10, 2015, 02:32:21 AM
Quote from: Regret on April 08, 2015, 10:54:07 AM
treadmill as powersource. Needs to be manned, obviously.

Make it just strong enough to power either a stove or a comm panel.

treadmill powered turrets would be hilarious btw.

I LOVE this idea. I've often thought we'd be better off if they sold TV's that could only be powered by treadmills.

Hah, yes.

It would open up the possibility of ditching renewable power sources deep in the research tree, but that is for the long term.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: Turps on April 10, 2015, 03:05:51 AM
Quote from: Havan_IronOak on April 10, 2015, 02:29:29 AM
... Make it possible to uninstall art so that it may be moved around.
You can, just sell it, tell a constructor or anyone to do it and then get someone to install it again where ever

Not sure I follow you... How do I sell it if it's installed in someone's bedroom? It's not near any of my trading beacons.
I'm very very new to this game. Am i missing something (else) obvious?

Shinzy

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on April 10, 2015, 10:14:00 AM
You can, just sell it, tell a constructor or anyone to do it and then get someone to install it again where ever

Not sure I follow you... How do I sell it if it's installed in someone's bedroom? It's not near any of my trading beacons.

He's referring to the dollar button in any of the build menus "Deconstruct" or whatsitcalled
using that on installed are will dismantle them and so you can move it around/install it elsewhere

Turps

Quote from: Shinzy on April 10, 2015, 10:55:26 AM

He's referring to the dollar button in any of the build menus "Deconstruct" or whatsitcalled
using that on installed are will dismantle them and so you can move it around/install it elsewhere
Sorry Havan Ironoak my bad I see the dollar sign and well bad slang and thanks Shinzy
Its not a battle unless some limbs are getting shot off!

Cryorus

Make all enviroment related mood buffs/debuffs (Spatious/Cramped Interior or Ugly/Pleasant Enviroment) not vanish while sleeping.
You dont forget where you sleep ;) Or you could in-/decrease the rest effectivness acorrding to the buffs.

KillTyrant

New trait. Vain
needs to wear clothing that is of good or better quality. Or they will get clothing debuff.
room needs to have an average beauty above 3.0 or you get the ugly debuff.
an off set to this could be a bonus to art and crafting levels.

PotatoeTater

Idea, we have camp fires, how about fireplaces that we can reload with wood.
This would give us something to do with extra wood and a heat source that is perm, but doesn't use power.
Life is Strange

wolvern

Wondering if it'd be possible to allow manually rewiring devices, clicking auto reconnect is nice sometimes but when it comes to the switches i really need a way to wire items through it without destroying every conduit in the area.

Prisoner relocation - making a prison zone with priority so we can move prisoners using priority to designate the new one over the old one then adding a relocate option to prisoners.

Also relocating items instead of destroying them, like when i make a prison i tend to have 4 beds in it to save space but afterwards want it moved. This might still destroy the item but then the priority would be rebuilding it immediately with the same resources. If needed put it into small packages marked with the item name and increase amount of packages depending on size of object or resources needed.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: Turps on April 10, 2015, 12:01:23 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on April 10, 2015, 10:55:26 AM

Thanks for that! I was afraid to "deconstruct" a work of art that had had so much labor go into it. But the deconstruct button did just fine.

Sorry Havan Ironoak my bad I see the dollar sign and well bad slang and thanks Shinzy

DigitalCore

A reorganisation of the tech tree would be nice.

Just starting out with some overarching subcategories:
Biology
Production
Basic Power
Defence
Communications

And then sensibly reorganising the current research topics into something that isn't as all-over-the-place would be pretty good. It'd definitely deal with the clutter, and it could add a little more depth to the game.
Introducing the new and improved killbox: the Minefield! Now with 30% more explosions! Guaranteed to kill all those pesky tribals that keep visiting you at night.

TLHeart

This seems like it would be incredibly cheap to do... Make it possible to uninstall art so that it may be moved around. I frequently reassign quarters as my colonists progress in their lives. It would be nice if they could take their favorite art with them.

you can move your placed sculptures. use the deconstruct "x" the sculpture is moved to your stockpile, then you can place it in a new place. The deconstruct destroys the pedestal, not the sculpture. The sculpture is returned to you.

wolvern

Fire suppression system.... basically just a lamp object that sprays water and has a blue bulb instead or something.

wolvern

Mines....

Broken colonists would walk on them and so would ally colonists... setting up a zone for such and making some AI tribes avoid them.. this would deter brawlers coming close to your base and make it so you can push enemies away from walls.

Lightning / bullets / fire could set them off tho.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Allowing doors to be locked open, so we can funnel AI into where we want them without them breaking the structure down.

wolvern

Cheapest idea i have which is totally WORTH DOING...

Pause on yellow / red letter option

Havan_IronOak

1) Add an option for the date that displays in the lower right corner of the screen to be in the format Day ### instead of the MMM DD YYYY format.  When months don't have the traditional number of days the date as displayed becomes somewhat misleading. Its also in keeping with the "castaway" nature of the game that they'd be keeping time in terms of some type of tally since awakening rather than via a calendar that they sort of lost track of when entering cryo-sleep.

2) Change the way that power switches are displayed slightly ... When one is in the architect menu and has clicked on power conduit, switches show up as being an open circuit whether they are or not. They should show as an open circuit when switched to the OFF position but as a closed circuit when they are switched ON.   This MAY be a bug as it DOES sometimes seem to work that way sometimes.