Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turps

Rugs made out of leather/cloth adding to beauty. Also door mats reducing dirt dragged into base at high traffic areas IDK made out of heavy duty "plant fibres" from new plant (hemp maybe) or existing plants. This new material could be use in lots of other things like crude but tough clothes or like you know whatever n stuff  ;D
Its not a battle unless some limbs are getting shot off!

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: AllenWL on April 13, 2015, 09:08:29 AM
Make dead animals not be forbidden by default. It's frankly quite useless and dumb, and unless you live in a cold place, ends up with many rotting animal carcasses and bones littering the map making places ugly and your colonists unhappy.

++1   That's a double plus one I like this idea a lot.

Stan-K

Make dead animals not be forbidden by default. It's frankly quite useless and dumb, and unless you live in a cold place, ends up with many rotting animal carcasses and bones littering the map making places ugly and your colonists unhappy.

Miniguns etc. kill unsuspecting animals as well as enemies. Animals that die this way will not be in safe places. I'd say:

QuoteMake dead animals not be forbidden by default
...except when fighting is going on. This is already recognised by the game and slows down time to 'normal'.

Argon

Quote from: AllenWL on April 13, 2015, 09:08:29 AM

I get dead raiders and their things, mechanoids, etc being forbidden on death. It prevents idiots trying to haul in dead pirates in the middle of a firefight, or having really ugly corpses hauled in to your base when you don't have a way of corpse disposal just yet.
But having dead animals get forbidden is really useless, and rather annoying.

I second these.  Far too many times I have lost colonists due to them running out to pick up mechanoid metal before being systematically butchered by the mechanical foes.

-Argon

ardentpause

Fences that keep animals out, but not people.

Razghul

Hello Mister Sylvester :)

My idea in short was:

In the randomized character creation window, the right side of the window is mostly empty. That's a great coincidence, because that's exactly where a summary of (all) character attributes would fit in !

It's very tedious to keep skipping back and forth between three characters to see what kind of attribute you're still "missing", or how many of your characters have a certain attribute on high level. Especially considering the randomness, i bet many people keep rolling new characters and every time checking the stats of the other characters back and forth.

There would be quite a number of ways to implement this, but my first thought was: While rolling a random character with his attributes showing on the left half of the screen, on the right half would be a symmetrical list of the same attributes lined up, showing the total numbers of all characters attributes added up.

Edit: Another thought would be, to show on the right side table for each attribute only the HIGHEST any character has. That'd work just as well, maybe even better.

For example character A has 10 mining, character B has 4 mining and character C has 2 mining. Then it would show 16 mining total.
I'm bad at explaining, but i hope you understand what i mean :)

Basically you'd just have to copy the attribute names, the bars, the symbols for learning speed and the values to a second table on the right hand side, where all of the above are summarized. To me, that would make the character creation ALOT less painfull.

Funny fact: After letting the game rest for quite some months, i came back to try alpha 9. And i was thinking about making a suggestion post about how the overview should really show icons for the characters learning speeds (to make choosing manual priorities easier). Few hours later a new version comes out and exactly that feature is implemented. Awesome, it felt like you read my mind. I really love your work on the game, i'm super confident it'll be a great success. It's already alot of fun to play right now !

Greetings Raz

mrofa

Adding beauty, health(now hitpoints) attributes to leather and cloth as building material for building like arm chair ;p
All i do is clutter all around.

blackhawk120

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, and I didn't want to read all 129 pages... lol... but what about multi-level building, have stairs to go up levels or even down levels, support beams to hold your roof up so you don't cause a collapse. Deeper you go the more resources you can find. Also building a ship to leave the planet would look cooler if it was multi-level.

Thank you for your time, and this is turning out to be a great game indeed.

puddlejumper448

Not sure if this is cheap or not but with the new "taking a walk" thing, we really really need some kind of no-walk zone to at least try to keep them contained and away from raiders/dangerous animals.

Also you should add joy activity where if a map has a body of water maybe bigger than 30 squares or so colonists can go for a swim, however you shouldn't implement that until the no walk zone to keep them from going across the map to swim lol

Havan_IronOak

It seems that my doctor always feeds a patient before stopping his bleeding. This seems backwards to me and seems like it would be an easy fix.

puddlejumper448

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on April 17, 2015, 09:34:49 PM
It seems that my doctor always feeds a patient before stopping his bleeding. This seems backwards to me and seems like it would be an easy fix.

This is supposed to have been fix in A10, but I have not had the chance to see yet, just fyi incase you are still playing A9

daveboy2000

the ability to mount/build certain weapons (like the LMG) on top of sandbags, kind of like a building that can easily be constructed and deconstructed. This could provide a bonus like faster cooldowns and greater accuraccy (because of less recoil), in exchange for lessened mobility and having to leave behind your gun if you have to pull back fast.

PilotBhav04

To be able to build some kind of look out tower that can be used by colonists as a skill to be scout for dangerous animals or raiders and even have the same tower that can be up gradable for long range weapons to have a greater range for turrets or even bowmen and snipers to have a good pin point location to protect the colony. Thought of this idea when i watched the movie called Troy, where there high walls acted as a look out area for enemy invasions and defense of the city.

keylocke

add a popup notification on the right side for :

-colonist death
-prisoner death
-when a colonist gains a permanent injury
-when a colonist's apparel or weapon is destroyed.

the current notification for these is not enough, since it's easy to miss them when on fast forward.

Alexis911

A way to copy paste the bill from production item as the cook stove.

So whatever ingredients you chose or mode of production will be copy paste to one cook stove from the others.

Moreover, if we just could select all of them and than modify the bill for all at once that would be nice too!

I keep losing tons of time doing so and it just boring and anoying.

Thank! Hope this will be added!