Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huskinater

Honestly, really like Rikiki's Caveworld Flora mod. It's simple, fits aesthetically, has some humor, and helps fill in the dark empty space on most maps with some color.  It is basically just a few more plants, so not to drastic, and just like Shinzy's More Hair mod shouldn't be that difficult to add in.

Solarstorm45

Hotkeys so i can group my snipers away from my assault squads and most importantly meaning i can finally properly control my brawlers

hector212121

Full decomposition. Like, maybe add in Scavenger animals, and occasionally one will pop in and eat some skeletons?

It's kinda irritating that they all sit around.

Also, make it so butchering someone wearing clothes auto-strips them.

LittleGreenStone

Trading beacons (or what) have the ability to create a stockpile around it.
I'd really like to see the same with sun-lamps and growing zones!

Also, perhaps the upgrade of a "smart lamp" that would turn itself off when in lit/bright lit.
It's a waste having a sun-lamp shining all bright during the day, but turning it off/on day after day is such a hassle.

TwigTheSloth

A good idea is an option that allows the player to change whether summer/winter is in June or  December for us in the southern hemisphere. :) 

czarnoff

With the space around the pawn being calculated with thresholds, you could make pawns claustrophobic, increasing the space required for happiness.
Or agoraphobic so the graph is calculated backwards (cramped is comfortable). 

giannikampa

Halve number of mechanoids that spawn in the "mechanoids in top of your base drop" event, even in late game. As for me a single one is blood and fire, 5 are a hard challenge. 20 is unbearable.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: giannikampa on May 04, 2015, 11:46:33 AM
Halve number of mechanoids that spawn in the "mechanoids in top of your base drop" event, even in late game. As for me a single one is blood and fire, 5 are a hard challenge. 20 is unbearable.

EMP grenades are for that. 20 for me is but a big pile of free materials.

Another suggestion: Indicate exactly how far roofs can reach without collapsing.

Hazard

Greets ^^ New around here but would like to throw in some idears as well ^^

-- Electro Shock Staff (for catching someone without killing him/her)
-- Cowboy Pants (you know we allready have the hats ^^)
-- Befriend Animal (They go Berserk, why not also be able to get friendly with them? Pets maybe?)
-- A Torch (Lightsource for Mining without electricity)

hector212121

Also, EMP mortars. Just make a remote home with a artist, keep them supplied with wood, food, and shells and equipped with emp 'nades, and have them draft whenever you have 'mech problems.

amul

Grow Zones should have priorities just like stockpiles. When a blight destroys my plants, I care a helluva lot more about my potato fields than I do about my rose maze.

Related tangent: I would love a decorative shrub/topiary option for grow zones.

Master Bucketsmith

In no order of priority:

• Architect tools. Universal 'drawing' tools to draw different shapes, like circles.
    Also make square/rectangle drawing available for wall structures so that they only build on the outlines.
    I'd love to see a copy/paste feature as well, but I guess that's a lot more work.
    • Building walls in a circle
    • Mining in a circle
    • Creating stockpiles and growing zones in circle shapes
  • Replacing and/or rebuilding orders.

• Replacing a wood wall with a steel wall without having to issue two jobs and spending a lot of wasted time in between.
    They would haul the materials for the new object to the location before breaking down the old one, so that they don't have to walk back to a stockpile first.
  • Moving of objects and zones.
    • The ability to select tiles and have them deconstructed to be rebuild elsewhere. (gridtiles obviously, it includes but is not limited to floors. ;))
    • The ability to select zones and drag them to another area, whilst keeping the same shape and size if location allows.
  • Colonists that are set to hauling, haul construction materials to jobsites.
    • Rather than the builders (and crafters) wasting time (IMO) walking to and from stockpiles.
    • Constructors only walk to a job if materials are on-site, so they can immediately start building and hop from construction job to construction job without having to haul materials.
    • Crafters could have their own working room and haulers would take care of bringing needed materials.
      I'm thinking this might not be that practical, might as well have separate rooms with smaller stockpiles set to have specific materials that that workbench might need. It's a bit tricky thinking of a base layout that could manage this efficiently, though. I'm looking for feedback on this one in particular.
  • Deconstruction of items to gain some materials back.
  • Repairing of items at the cost of some materials.
  • Bedrolls, campfires for warmth and cooking, camping rations, mobile simple joy equipment.
    Basically gear so colonists that for instance have a mining job far away from home, don't have to spend half their workday moving to and from it.
  • Colonists deconstruct roofs - or it is done automatically - when deconstructing outer walls, so no roof will collapse if a player forgets to set a no-roof zone first.

I'd love to hear your feedback. :)

LittleGreenStone

Cheap idea, how about letting us leave doors open?

To equalize temperature between rooms, to let in raiders instead of waiting for them to destroy the door for the hundredth time, or simply to save time with the non-powered doors.

Frankenbeasley

I would like to see a Bulk Trader for the Bedrock Gravel Co., a Combat Supplier from Spaceley's Space Sprockets, and an Exotic Goods Haulier from Planet Express. This would serve no in-game purpose but would certainly provide me with a Joy Buff.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

beiltro

How about the ability to search for colonists with particular traits.

For example: You have a bunch of colonists with the pro-prosthetics trait that you want to hilight exclusivly. You click the box type the trait, and it highlights them for you.

I don't know how practical it is, but as a person who's bad with names, it gets tricky to keep track of who has what trait later in the game.