Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimyoda

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on June 07, 2015, 10:09:54 PM
Id love to see an all out war. A notification comes up and it says
Whoa 2 factions are waring near you.
Watch out for stray shells. And make sure your colonist done get involved.
+1
Having some random explosions (until the event ends) should be very 'cheap' to do. Huddle your peeps inside. Except for a sprawling colony the shells probably won't hit your structures. With luck you may even have a shell slay some animals - that'd certainly free up your hunter for a bit.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Dakkanor

is it possible to limit who can work at what table? i have two tailors benches running simultaniously to keep my colonists adequately clothed, and find that my two tailor enabled colonists leave many unfinished items everywhere

JimmyAgnt007

i think ive seen it before but not sure. 

Mushrooms, dark caves in temperate or jungle biomes.  grow in the dark, transport rotting corpses in to speed things up maybe?  edible fungus would be neat.

Jorlem

I would like to suggest that if raiders or cargo pods drop down on top of a part of your base that is roofed, that portion of the base would get changed to an unroofed zone.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Jorlem on June 11, 2015, 04:49:51 AM
I would like to suggest that if raiders or cargo pods drop down on top of a part of your base that is roofed, that portion of the base would get changed to an unroofed zone.
+1 i think that would be kinda cool
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Dave-In-Texas

recolor the spark/flash that personal shields make when they power up to indicate a character has leveled up a skill, perhaps brighter the higher the skill.

sometimes (like hunting) i like to switch off the duty to try and balance the shooting skill across my shooters.

Pale Peril

(This is my moved response fromt the change log thread.)

Quote from: Tynan on June 10, 2015, 10:16:44 PM
I should separate wolves and wargs, really.

Quote from: skyarkhangel on June 10, 2015, 09:39:52 PM
Quote from: Tynan on June 09, 2015, 09:30:30 PM

Hy, Tynan. Why Wargs textures like Rimwolf?
Let's make this real black angry Wargs!  :D

I agree! I really like the suggested warg sprite art too.

In keeping both canid types, Wolves would be present in the non-desert / non-jungle biomes. They mostly stay in smaller packs than the wargs. They tend to not attack colonists unless they are being hunted. Mostly they hunt the animals on the map in competition of the colonists.

Why not introduce the Coyote too, for the desert and especially scrub-land. Just make the wolf sprite brown. Something that can make the coyote different from wolves is they can sometimes trigger an event that is similar to a psychic drone like affect from their yipping and howling all night. (Ask any non-animal loving rural resident of the southwest US about their thoughts on the coyote.)

Both Wolves and Coyote can be effected by a special event that makes them go rabid / blood thirsty and start killing off all the wildlife on the map, much like the Alpha-beaver event taking out all the trees. (Or perhaps it not be a special event for wargs, but a destructive strategy if the colonists are not leaving their fortress. Or the wargs are simply getting bored waiting for people to stop hiding behind their doors.)

How difficult would it be to implement where Wargs consume their victims? (Thus making them truly horrific.) Or at least making them always kill their victims, attacking even downed colonists? (Unless they are actively being attacked by a war party, focusing on threats first.) This same consumption mechanic could also apply to wolves / coyote versus wildlife. Thus colonists can't simply harvest the carcasses left behind, making them truly need to react to a source of food being impacted.

-Pale
Orchestrating Villainy by Stealing Your Precious Ch'i... One Entry at a Time.

Buuuh

Dunno if they are really cheap, but i have some suggestions:

• I'd like to have automatic hunting. E.g put it on the slaughter table as a job with radius and maybe types of animals to hunt
  • Some kind of inventory view. With the ability to click on an item and it jumps to its position (without quality, next click, next location)
  • Job overview, lists all jobs set on any table (ability to jump to where the job is set like colonists overview)
  • please, PLEASE change the job settings to an interface like trading. If i want the melting furnace to produce up to 1000 metal, i don't want to click the + 1000 times!!
  • More traders, at least more opportunities to optain flesh. I have very much silver but always a lack of flesh with greater colonies and already hunted the whole map empty (i do more base building, less fighting!). Also more slave traders, especially also in late game
  • In the trade dialog, please fix the silver line, so that it is always visible, no matter where you scroll

Sorry if i'm using wrong wording, i'm playing in german.

Elixiar

Can Mechanoids also get the Sapper AI?
Maybe a new crawler Mech designed to do it or something.
I mean, they are thousands of years old and capable of driving humans to insanity.
I kind of hoped the Sapper thing would be a bigger deal than just 'some raids'.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Jorlem

Would it be possible to add an option for an iterative number to the default save name?  Currently, when you go to save, the default save name is the name of the colony.  However, if I want to maintain multiple saves of the same colony, I can't just hit save.  This sort of automatic numbering already exists for the autosaves, and I think it would be handy to have the option to have it enabled for manual saves as well.

LUKERstanden

Why don't you add allowed areas for prisoners? Certain doors open for prisoners. that way they can still have their cell but can interact with other prisoners and eat at a table etc.

sparda666

Please allow something like shift click or ctrl click when you are setting allowed zones to flood-fill a room. This would make it much easier and convenient (this code is already used to draw rooms or cooler/heater/vent areas).

MrWiggles

Quote from: sparda666 on June 12, 2015, 01:19:09 AM
Please allow something like shift click or ctrl click when you are setting allowed zones to flood-fill a room. This would make it much easier and convenient (this code is already used to draw rooms or cooler/heater/vent areas).
Yea, but sadly, its not its own function, but instead trapped side the temperature class. (I dont really know where its organized.)

Harlan

Please add the functionality to change crop type for multiple hydroponics / growing zones at once. I don't know if it's related to the items but when creating large hydroponics bays I'd like to be able to change the crop type for all currently selected as opposed to one at a time. thanks

Lonely Rogue

Small animations for colonists playing chess, or ping-pong at the billiards table would be nice. Doesn't sound TOO difficult, right?
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?