Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

The military forces that friendly factions send in to help repel attackers shouldn't attack prisoners. I just had a lone woman from a friendly faction come as help and incapacitate my two prisoners, costing me valuable medicine at a time when my colony has been overtaken by malaria.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Tynan

Quote from: DDawgSierra on June 16, 2015, 12:15:43 AM
    The military forces that friendly factions send in to help repel attackers shouldn't attack prisoners. I just had a lone woman from a friendly faction come as help and incapacitate my two prisoners, costing me valuable medicine at a time when my colony has been overtaken by malaria.

That's just a bug I'm going to fix.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

akiceabear

Allow us to make a free-fire zone - colonists will work there but not fire a weapon when hunting. Alternatively, add this as a toggle to the home zone. My goal is to avoid friendly fire by overzealous hunters when pray wanders into town.

Euzio

Will be a hard fix i'm sure. But have the colonists not stand or run into each other's field of fire when they are hunting or even taking on raiders? Especially when hunting, its quite funny and ridiculous that quite often, I end up with injured colonists when I send more than one to hunt because they end up "accidentally" shooting each other.

akiceabear

Quote from: Euzio on June 16, 2015, 02:41:38 AM
Will be a hard fix i'm sure. But have the colonists not stand or run into each other's field of fire when they are hunting or even taking on raiders?

I don't think so. Really its only goal is to forbid hunting (but not other tasks) within the home zone. Combat is handled manually using draft colonists, so zones don't apply to them at all.

Perhaps more generally - ability to restrict work types in each zone.

TLHeart

I constantly send out 2 to 4 hunters at a time, all good shots, with good quality weapon. Have never had a death via hunting accident. I have had some injuries, quickly healed. I get just as many injuries from revenge events.

And when bullets are arrows, are flying, people get hurt.

slamo

Add a toggle to restricted zones: default is work restriction only (current behavior). Toggles sets to travel restriction as well ("Strict restricted zone").

slamo

Have raiders attack any external power source (thermal generators, solar panels, wind farms) before attacking the base.

Heck. It would be faster still if they just found the power lines and cut them.

pollgg12

MEALS
you could have different kinds of meals by just changeing the name and texture
I.e makeing a simple meal would produce a sailed or a stake they both do and are the same thing
Some people call it cannibalism i call it recycling

Legendo1o1

Cracking game its a dam good alpha be nice to see it in beta form. :)

a ai rival base on map with your colony would be cool.
colony being able to reproduce and gain parental traits.
alien races being able to join the colony new or old. alowing a mixed colony.
a colony mutiny would be fun. one trys to be a leader and rule or infulance the colony.
or make vehicals for defence skirmish fights out of salvage parts.

i love the firefly feel so dam good and being a 40k player love the table top feel in real time superb work.

Legendo1o1. :)

Noa3

hi, this is my first post here.

i think this is a little idea, this is why i post here:

i want a slider in the options to adjust the gore level.

i mean this realy, i have a nice base in a big mountan and the enemy can dig hours or come from the front. and he come most time realy to the front and its a big sloughter, but not much blood :(

its possiblie to spray like 4 times more? XD

sry, aim not a native english speaker.

Dark_Lemon

Could there be a weapons work bench? A gun could be 're-crafted' so it has the status cleaned/well-maintained for a temporary increase in accuracy or stats. Perhaps it could be 'repaired' to upgrade its quality by one level, with the chance of catastrophic failure that would destroy it completely dependent on shooting or crafting skill?

crazytman

Nasikabatrachus

It would be nice to be able to copy/paste colonist schedules, save them, and invert them (that is, shift all time assignments by 12 hours to quickly switch someone over to the night shift).

Play2Jens

I don't know how anyone thought of this yet. I have to say I like the pawn design of the game but:
- Faces should have a mouth which corresponds to their mood.
(Smile when mood is high; look sad  when mood is low; angry when berserk; frowned when in pain)