Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zekeen

It would be cool to have an event that uses Wargs in a slightly different way.

How about a slaver team with warg dogs. about 3-4 people with 3-4 dogs. They hunt down any available person (maybe, maybe not ally them to pirates - funny to see them steal pirates). They use less deadly weapons, but try to knock someone down and immediately one of the slavers grabs and runs with them. The whole warg team runs when the last human slaver nabs someone and tries to go for the map edge. So if you called in an assist from another colony, chances are they would all be stolen away instead of your guys if there were enough for the slavers.

Bonus - maybe be able to ransom your guys back from the team if they are captured?

ci

i wanna mini-map or radar system

isistoy

<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Snarks

Trait: Morphine Addict - Colonist will consume medical supplies to fulfill joy.

Axelios

Quote from: Snarks on June 24, 2015, 04:52:15 AM

Ooo that's a nasty one!
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

nina_noone

A "Sync with other identical crafting tables" checkbox for the bills in tailoring / cooking / all the other crafting tables.
Or just following the stockpile way and let us copy/paste bills and settings between tables.

Also maybe a thing that lets you copy settings between different bills.

MrWiggles

Quote from: Axelios on June 24, 2015, 05:21:04 PM

Ooo that's a nasty one!
that is nice, but we dont have a means to gate access to doors. So its just a trait that waste one of the more expensive semi rare supplies and I imagine most players would just kill them.

picollo

Quote from: MrWiggles on June 24, 2015, 09:42:43 PM

Ooo that's a nasty one!
that is nice, but we dont have a means to gate access to doors. So its just a trait that waste one of the more expensive semi rare supplies and I imagine most players would just kill them.
Then maybe give him some bonus/pentality depending of joy level? I.e. with max joy he gets +50% workspeed, decreasing to 50% pentality when joy is empty. And add similar rule to movespeed. Bonus with high joy, pentality with low.

bechtoldn

What about if you added like other kinds of shields, you have personal shields which are really nice but maybe add like old fashioned shields as well that you can construct out of wood or steal and whatnot. Like make ancient styled shields as well as the personal ones that way you can craft shields as well as weapons.

Caminha

Each "thought" has a "flavour text". Random flavour texts for the same thought would be nice

JerryBi

Raid type = items destroyers or something like this.
I dont understand why raiders only want to kill or to kidnap pawns... why them not taking silver?
Why them not trying to atlest destroy available to attack storage space with items stored there?

I think would be better to really protect everything player have - not only lives of pawns.

MrWiggles

Quote from: picollo on June 25, 2015, 05:59:41 AM

Ooo that's a nasty one!
Then maybe give him some bonus/pentality depending of joy level? I.e. with max joy he gets +50% workspeed, decreasing to 50% pentality when joy is empty. And add similar rule to movespeed. Bonus with high joy, pentality with low.
Because morphine abusers are soo productive and known for the quality of their work.

A Friend

Trait - Coward

Has negative mood for being drafted and generally has poor combat skills.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

picollo

Quote from: MrWiggles on June 25, 2015, 08:49:03 PM
Quote from: picollo on June 25, 2015, 05:59:41 AM

Ooo that's a nasty one!
Because morphine abusers are soo productive and known for the quality of their work.
Because some of the drug addicts are hyper active when they took their drugs. And it's balancing mechanism to triat that otherwise would sink huge amount of valuable items from you not giving anything in return.

Regret

I get the impression the frequency of raids is independent of your relation to surrounding factions, if this is true could that be changed?

I get that the storytellers need to be able to put pressure on the player, but it completely distorts the effect of befriending factions.
Now the optimal behaviour is to befriend the high-tech factions and offend the tribals so most of your raids are low-threat with a high change of giving you extra colonists.
If befriending a faction would reduce the total number of raids, then befriending everyone would be optimal.