Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kegereneku

"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Regret

Portable Cover blocks, thought up in this thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13942.15 originally by killer 117, slightly modified by me because of a tip by ZOMBIE2.

Effectively the only changes that need to be made are:
- New construction material named Portable Cover.
- New block named Portable Cover, requires 1 Portable Cover to build.
- Changed behaviour for pawns in combat: They can pick up (only) portable cover and build it. Carrying portable cover could have some penalties like walking a bit slower or shooting a lot slower.

I may be missing something but that should be a cheap change.

jubov

I think I suggested this before, but I'll do it again:

Please add some sort of "area-cleaning" in the orders menu, would be nice clean an entire room at once. It would be useful when you mined a room into the mountain since it's usually filled with rocks, or when you've butchered few animals since there is blood everywhere.

Quasarrgames

More scifi weapons!
A heavy plasma launcher for colonists, a railgun, a laser sniper, stuff like that!

Also, luminous plants would be cool.
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Mechanoid Hivemind

I wanna be able to have a memorial service after one of my people die. Add it in like a time slot kinda thing where they can do it daily or weekly or some thing along those lines. Maybe a new tab to the overview thing. so you can choose when to morn for them. Its the small things :D
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

A Friend

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on June 26, 2015, 11:05:15 PM
I wanna be able to have a memorial service after one of my people die. Add it in like a time slot kinda thing where they can do it daily or weekly or some thing along those lines. Maybe a new tab to the overview thing. so you can choose when to morn for them. Its the small things :D

Make visiting graves of colonists as a joy activity.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: A Friend on June 26, 2015, 11:57:32 PM
Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on June 26, 2015, 11:05:15 PM

Yeah there we go. I was thinking maybe a buff for visiting, and a de-buff if you burn them instead of burring them. ( only for a few days)
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Kegereneku

Quote from: A Friend on June 26, 2015, 11:57:32 PM

Make visiting a bedridden colonist a joy activity. (plus a first step toward relationship)
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

LordUbik

NEW SUGGESTION: REVERSE CREMATION

Simply put, the idea is to create a "Cremate" button directly on objects to tell your colonists to burn that thing down, without the need to create a bill in the crematorium.
This would make things really simpler when you're in need of getting rid of something!

bioloid

(This is just an aesthetic thing)
A new map edge would be nice: instead the map just ending in a grey abyss - which atm makes Rimworld feel just a bit more like a board game than surviving on a planet - it would be cool if there were blurred out imagery that matched the biome. So when you zoom out it's still clear what the actual map is but beyond that it looks as though the planet continues instead of (currently) the grey background you get.

Razvan92

Quote from: bioloid on June 27, 2015, 06:38:12 PM
A new map edge would be nice: instead the map just ending in a grey abyss - which atm makes Rimworld feel just a bit more like a board game than surviving on a planet - it would be cool if there were blurred out imagery that matched the biome. So when you zoom out it's still clear what the actual map if but beyond that it looks as though the planet continues instead of (currently) the grey background you get.
Of course it would be a great ideea. Also you could add fog of war. And for you to remove the fog of war you would need these radars. Also researching an powerful radar would detect incoming persons.
*Warning: Large group of colonists are aproaching from the South.
*Warning: Small group of colonists are aproaching from North.
or
*Warning: A large group of people are wandering close to our location. (Like in any world we know that tribesman/thieves  do not have the technology to detect settlements around and huge map so they would be wandering around in search for new targets and such.)

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Razvan92 on June 27, 2015, 06:46:50 PM
Quote from: bioloid on June 27, 2015, 06:38:12 PM
A new map edge would be nice: instead the map just ending in a grey abyss - which atm makes Rimworld feel just a bit more like a board game than surviving on a planet - it would be cool if there were blurred out imagery that matched the biome. So when you zoom out it's still clear what the actual map if but beyond that it looks as though the planet continues instead of (currently) the grey background you get.
Of course it would be a great ideea. Also you could add fog of war. And for you to remove the fog of war you would need these radars. Also researching an powerful radar would detect incoming persons.
*Warning: Large group of colonists are aproaching from the South.
*Warning: Small group of colonists are aproaching from North.
or
*Warning: A large group of people are wandering close to our location. (Like in any world we know that tribesman/thieves  do not have the technology to detect settlements around and huge map so they would be wandering around in search for new targets and such.)
Yeah i agree with the radar. I dont think raiders are gonna send you a message saying "Hey i hope its okay if we break your shit?" So in order to know when a raid is coming you need a radar . And to further that since some people build large bases and no ship, A satellite you can launch in to space for more detailed knowledge of whats comeing.

MrWiggles

None of that really make sense, since you're omnipresence about the entire map. The alarm, is there for player connivence. Now, if we're saying if the alert system should be woven into the simulation, then makes a lot more sense.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: MrWiggles on June 28, 2015, 02:35:26 AM
None of that really make sense, since you're omnipresence about the entire map. The alarm, is there for player connivence. Now, if we're saying if the alert system should be woven into the simulation, then makes a lot more sense.
What i mean is that, you need a radar array to see if a raid or visitors are coming until you have that build up you wont know if your gonna die or not. Basically your blind until you have that scanner, radar, thing up and working, so you just have to be more watch full of the area. You'll start off with a cheap one that's not to reliable but will let you know if you have people on the boarder of your little map, then you get a slightly better one, that lets you know if your getting a raid or a visitor, then this is for the players who play till they die, a satellite that you can launch up to orbit instead of leaving the planet. This will give exact detail as to whats coming to you and how big the numbers, the weapons, things of that nature. Tbh i don't like the instant warning, and i want something a little harder as to where you have to look around from time to time.

mipen

More trait slots for people, so they can have more than the current three! :D