Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darker

Quote from: sldee on January 08, 2014, 08:03:25 PM
Robots

Oh yes absolutelly! Why didn't I ever think of that! We have Total Anihilations power system, byt no robots!
(looking forward to build some Peewees and show the raiders who's in charge there!)
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Shepherd

So, this will be my very first entry in a forum. What an experience! A little word of warning: If you encounter strange grammatical formations, please don't assume anything, it's just that english is not my native language.  ;) Now my suggestion:

I have maybe more of a tweak than a new idea, but i would really like to see the

- cramped environment modifier removed in small bedrooms.

While it makes sense that colonists mining in small tunnels or crawling through small hallways (two adjacent wallblocks) get the modifier, it doesnt make that much sense while sleeping. Normally you feel even more secure when sleeping or sitting in a corner. I would then suggest a

- cozy bedroom modifier

for small rooms with maybe four to six walkable tiles and a bed. The room could become cramped as soon as another colonist enters the room, and the modifier could last for a few hours.
I hope this is something acomplishable in up to four hours  :D

ThyJustice

Goodmorning everyone, I hope to write in decent English at least. Here's my 2 cents:

- Emergency Trigger: similar to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, when an emergency occur, you can trigger the Alarm. Civilian will run into the Bunker Area, designated by the player (similar to Home Area). Soldiers and Patrol instead will be at your command.
- Cleaning Robot. Maybe expensive but a MUST for advanced colonies!
- Cleaning Robot rage. Some says that "sometimes" Robots gets mad, and start kicking ass with their broom. It's probably a joke, right?

fade2po

Things i'd like to see.  :-X
Would like to have a toggle, certainly on the lowest difficulty setting to turn off certain elements, eg, raiders, rampaging beasties etc. (toggles in game so you can at least have some fun when you want it)  ;)

Gun turrets that actually have some use  :( opposed to blowing up your entire base when attacked. (Smaller explosions? The only use i have for them is to stuff a few together after a long corridor of doors, and then kill all the raiders when they blow them up)...
Failing that different types of turret, eg, standard (pretty useless) gun, flame thrower, tesla? (ie spread lightning damage to many foes, but require high charge of electricity), etc.

A power meter? least some way of knowing how much power you have available / drain. (is it sustained power?)

Traps. other than blasting charges,  anything really that can promote fear for raiders. (probably doesn't need to be as elaborate as something from orcs must die, but still have some use)

Different stances / rolls for combat (stances probably wrong term) : setting options to prioritizing how aggressive people are at least, or toggles to set them to prioritize repairing over firing back etc?

On map overview would be nice to toggle view of roofs etc on / off, to tell if  you can grow in areas that you have walls around? Or having the ability to cave in parts of the roof when in mountains?

Broader research options, If there's one to stop gun turrets from exploding i'll defiantly fire all my research towards getting that!

Killing combos for high level shooting or melee. you could slow the game down matrix style and have them bouncing around taking down several enemies in a row?  ::) (j/k)

fexman

Interface:
Currently the skills of the colonists are displayed as a number and a progress-bar.
I always tend to look at the large progress-bar first and then realize I have to check the tiny number next to it to see the actual skill.

To make it easier to compare skill-sets between characters with one look, I would suggest a double bar layout similar to EVE-Online.

• thick segmented progress-bar for the level, with each segment representing a level
  • thin progress-bar below the level bar to show the progress to the next level.
For an example look here: http://evemon.battleclinic.com/images/evemon-app-mainwindow.png

Love the game so far  :)

Darker

I think thi skill displaying is fine. Try to think if it's not rather the fact, that you're used to see it differently in another game.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Pakislav

Two things;

Make Turrets benefit from sandbag cover. Just because a turret surrounded with sandbags looks awesome and I'll do it anyway.

Mines. Like current charges, except can be walked on, and detonate when that happens, who-ever happened to step on them - a raider, a colonist or a boomrat. Explosion radius high enough to make minefields less effective by causing a chain reaction in denser minefields when a squirrel happens to walk over it.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Darker on January 13, 2014, 09:25:10 AM
I think thi skill displaying is fine. Try to think if it's not rather the fact, that you're used to see it differently in another game.

I think its fine the way it is right now as-well.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

damnedsky

Hello everybody! Bought the game maybe a week ago and already spent a few nights in it without sleep...
I have a problem with differentiating between my colonists. Since my first language is not English I have trouble remembering their English names so I always forget who does what. If it is simple to implement I would like either a visual indication(like a miners cap or scientist robe or farmers hoe) or a small text nickname I set that would replace their name on the map or at least preface it in the priorities menu. I would prefer the second option because I could constantly change it to my liking. For example after each battle I need to  search every colonist because I can't remember which one was the best shooter to give him the R4 Charge Rifle that just dropped from the raiders. Or when a shuttle passes by I always forget which one has the most social skill points. I tend to remember him/her by the first letter of their name: "oh look a shuttle! V! Where are you V?!" Feedback on this would be welcome!

Pakislav

+1 to damnedsky's idea.

Nicknames would be great to have and probably not all that hard to implemment.

Marads

One thing I wanted to see is adding bodies to ships that crash, I find it kinda odd that a ship would only contain, either, food, metal or a single person so I think some bodies would fit well, also make so that they are burning.

And I'm fairly sure someone already suggested zombies, but I'm saying it again because I would like them to be a random event.
Something crashes into the planet and there are bodies all around like they would with the previous suggestion, when your colonist go to pick the stuff some of the dead start to move and it turns out they are zombies.
Make so that a dead body can burn for a long time, this way the player can't just wait a few for the bodies to become ashes.

I also didn't see a single melee weapon, every raiders group from other places I remember has some lunatics that wield axes.
Maybe making a melee weapon can be quite easy, use the same template for the other guns, but make the range for the weapon be small and have a high chance of hitting, put a custom picture+sound for it and you have a melee weapon.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: damnedsky on January 14, 2014, 07:44:55 AM
Hello everybody! Bought the game maybe a week ago and already spent a few nights in it without sleep...
I have a problem with differentiating between my colonists. Since my first language is not English I have trouble remembering their English names so I always forget who does what. If it is simple to implement I would like either a visual indication(like a miners cap or scientist robe or farmers hoe) or a small text nickname I set that would replace their name on the map or at least preface it in the priorities menu. I would prefer the second option because I could constantly change it to my liking. For example after each battle I need to  search every colonist because I can't remember which one was the best shooter to give him the R4 Charge Rifle that just dropped from the raiders. Or when a shuttle passes by I always forget which one has the most social skill points. I tend to remember him/her by the first letter of their name: "oh look a shuttle! V! Where are you V?!" Feedback on this would be welcome!

Its already being added, realize that the current art assets are just placeholders, in the next version this actually has been implemented already.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

damnedsky

Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 16, 2014, 01:59:23 PM
Its already being added, realize that the current art assets are just placeholders, in the next version this actually has been implemented already.
I just read this article on the DevBlog... I'm so derp... Can't wait to play it!!!

Untrustedlife

Quote from: fade2po on January 11, 2014, 05:36:01 PM
Things i'd like to see.  :-X
Would like to have a toggle, certainly on the lowest difficulty setting to turn off certain elements, eg, raiders, rampaging beasties etc. (toggles in game so you can at least have some fun when you want it)  ;)

Gun turrets that actually have some use  :( opposed to blowing up your entire base when attacked. (Smaller explosions? The only use i have for them is to stuff a few together after a long corridor of doors, and then kill all the raiders when they blow them up)...
Failing that different types of turret, eg, standard (pretty useless) gun, flame thrower, tesla? (ie spread lightning damage to many foes, but require high charge of electricity), etc.

A power meter? least some way of knowing how much power you have available / drain. (is it sustained power?)

Traps. other than blasting charges,  anything really that can promote fear for raiders. (probably doesn't need to be as elaborate as something from orcs must die, but still have some use)

Different stances / rolls for combat (stances probably wrong term) : setting options to prioritizing how aggressive people are at least, or toggles to set them to prioritize repairing over firing back etc?

On map overview would be nice to toggle view of roofs etc on / off, to tell if  you can grow in areas that you have walls around? Or having the ability to cave in parts of the roof when in mountains?

Broader research options, If there's one to stop gun turrets from exploding i'll defiantly fire all my research towards getting that!

Killing combos for high level shooting or melee. you could slow the game down matrix style and have them bouncing around taking down several enemies in a row?  ::) (j/k)

It seems to me you just want the game easier. Which is funny because once you get to a point the game gets extremely easy already just build a thing to contain the raiders when they attack. (I forgot what it is called, but once you have one of those you can kill raiders super easily because they go there, get shot a bizillian times, get blown up then die, or you can ave a giant minefield to kill them, which is just as effective)

If you don't want raiders or anything play on phoebus friendly (that is what she is there for)

Also you can see how much power you have by simply clicking on the solar panel/generator or the item that is using power.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

BlockerHD

Water:Colonists need this to survive, they cant just eat nutrient paste!