Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorlem

Any chance we could get boomwargs?

FridayBiology

Wooden Blocks (lame joy item) : Use block images with colour difference and install requirements.
After landing on a horrible planet and playing chess and games everday for however long surely one of the colonists have thought wheres my lego. only to turn around and release no lego, "bugger" said the colonist "why don't i build my own..."
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Thorbane

Make colonists with illnesses not joy deprive themselves into insanity.  Seriously, with a healthy colonist and medicine the hardest part about them getting sick is the -20 "totally Joy deprived" thought, and the mental breakdowns that it causes.

Jorlem

Quote from: Thorbane on August 04, 2015, 11:37:12 AM
Make colonists with illnesses not joy deprive themselves into insanity.  Seriously, with a healthy colonist and medicine the hardest part about them getting sick is the -20 "totally Joy deprived" thought, and the mental breakdowns that it causes.
I requested the ability to watch TV from beds a while back, to help deal with this.  Perhaps a radio joy object could be made as well, that would give some joy to everyone in the room?  We know they can build radios, given the trade console and beacons, so why not a radio that can be used for entertainment?

b0rsuk

We need an ability to make sculptures out of chocolate!

FridayBiology

Quote from: Jorlem on August 04, 2015, 01:00:12 PM
I requested the ability to watch TV from beds a while back, to help deal with this.  Perhaps a radio joy object could be made as well, that would give some joy to everyone in the room?  We know they can build radios, given the trade console and beacons, so why not a radio that can be used for entertainment?

+1 radio joy object. Gives me a reasonable way treat colonists with long treatment period illnesses.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

b0rsuk

Quote from: Jorlem on August 04, 2015, 01:00:12 PM
I requested an ability to simply visit patients and chat with them. It would be a periodically available joy activity that makes two pawns happier.

blinari

Guns should work as melee weapons in the same way that logs do. In a pinch a pistol or rifle butt is definitely more effective than fists.

Songleaves

Make solar panel power generation affected by heat. At 25˚C they work at 100% efficiency. As the temp rises they drop in efficiency by a max of 15%(probably at around 40˚C), and as the temp lowers they rise in efficiency by a max of 15%(probably at around -20˚C). This would make solar panels less useful in deserts where they currently operate best, and better in ice sheet where players could probably use the help early on in power generation.

AruBun

Quote from: Songleaves on August 05, 2015, 02:09:50 PM
Make solar panel power generation affected by heat. At 25˚C they work at 100% efficiency. As the temp rises they drop in efficiency by a max of 15%(probably at around 40˚C), and as the temp lowers they rise in efficiency by a max of 15%(probably at around -20˚C). This would make solar panels less useful in deserts where they currently operate best, and better in ice sheet where players could probably use the help early on in power generation.
This would be brutal in a long heat wave, all those coolers need power.

caesius

1. In cooking food, meals containing more stuffs makes more and longer mood point.
For example. Lavish meal containing just 2 kinds of stuff, warg meat and rice, has mood point + 10 for 1 day. But same class meal, lavish meal with 3 kinds of sruff, warg meat ,monkey meat, and rice has point + 12 for 1 day. Or warg meat rice and potato has point + 10 for 1.2 day and so on.
With this function , making recipe controlable would be needed (choosing to use 2 kinds of stuff or 3 kinds of stuff etc...)
It makes users grow variable plants, not just  1 or 2 plants.
LETS MAKE BALANCED MEAL!

2.add salt and salted foods
Humans have been using salt to keep meats and vegetables from decaying. And, for sure, keeping food fresh is one of the most important work for rimworld refugees.
Let them use salts!
Ofcourse MEALS CAN NOT BE SALTED. HAVEYOU EVER SEEN SALTED MEAL?
And salted foods are unhealthy, which means that they can cause some diseases, like heart attack, stroke, or something.

b0rsuk

The walls present on the map at the start are presumably ruins. So why are they in perfect condition ? They need no repairs whatsover.

Jorlem

I'd like to request wall decorations.  Things like paintings or tapestries to hang on walls, that could up beauty without using up floorspace. (The tapestries could also help make the wall insulate better.)  Both of these would use cloth, and making tapestries could be unlocked at the same time carpets are researched.  A downside/balance to these could be that they are flammable, allowing fires to spread through bases even when the walls and floors are all stone.

Also, being able to smooth natural stone walls like we can do to floors, to make the inside of our mountain bases look nicer would be really, well, nice.

Edit:
Something else I thought of while making a suggestion to a mod, that I think would be nice to have in the base game: hunting trophies.  Basically, a statue that would be made from a corpse of a dead animal instead of wood or stone.  It could have the name of the animal when it was alive if it was a pet, or the name of the colonist that hunted and killed it if it was a wild animal, used as part of the statue name or art description.  This could also include how it died.  With the introduction of pets, this could be nice to have, to help remember favorite pets after they've died, as an alternative to eating them or letting them rot in the ground.  (Also, being able to make statues out of the corpses of dead raiders should be possible as well, to try to frighten off future attacks, or just to use as scarecrows in the fields until they rot away.)  Maybe add a taxidermy table for this, if the current art table wouldn't make sense?

kahlzun

I swear i played a previous version which allowed you to smooth walls in your base.
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

b0rsuk

Hunting trophies could be made at... butchering tables.