Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

re1wind

RTS games used to use the shift and ctrl buttons as modifiers when queueing up items, and could be added as a 10x and 50x modifier.

i.e.
shift + LMB will move 10 items.
Ctrl + LMB will more 50 items. 
Ctrl + shift + LMB would move 500.

whoishigh

Event: Escape pod delivers berserk creature (cyborg, mutant giant chinchilla, 50 megascarabs?)

king komodo

Quote from: wildeaboutoscar on August 23, 2015, 07:04:25 AM
Can we get the option to hold down the arrow button in trading please? If you're selling 300 blocks or whatever then that's a lot of clicking.

Also noticed that colonists don't harvest crops automatically anymore.

You can click and drag to trade large quantities.

Play2Jens

Automatic turrets seem more like a mid-game feature. I suggest players have research it first.
So, to balance the game:
- The player can install and uninstall turrets like furniture. They land with one or two installable turrets. - Friendly outlandish towns bring turrets at the beginning of the game, as a token of goodwill and so the player can better defend themselves
- they can also buy turrets from traders

wildeaboutoscar

Quote from: king komodo on August 23, 2015, 02:22:21 PM
Quote from: wildeaboutoscar on August 23, 2015, 07:04:25 AM
Can we get the option to hold down the arrow button in trading please? If you're selling 300 blocks or whatever then that's a lot of clicking.

Also noticed that colonists don't harvest crops automatically anymore.

You can click and drag to trade large quantities.

Oh cool, thanks.

whoishigh

Veterinary surgery: Colonists with sufficient skill in both medicine and animals can operate on domesticated creatures with the goal to repair (peg/bionic limbs), enhance (razor teeth, advanced intelligence implants, bionic limbs) or exploit (lucky rabbit's foot, extract chemicals from boomalope, harvest replacement organs from pigs).

An off-shoot of this would be an event featuring a raging technothrumbo, or siegers arriving with a very angry mortar-toting muffalo. Maybe cyberchillas.

mumblemumble

Manually prioritizing colonists to rest, sow SPECIFIC plots (sucks sowing potatoes when i need xergium). Limiting access of colonists to work stations (1 butcher table for getting human leather, letting only psychopaths use it).
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: mumblemumble on August 24, 2015, 01:16:12 AM
Random chance for labor to hurt colonists,  perhaps with burns from stoves, bruises from mining, scratches from construction ect. Perhaps like surgery,  having minor and major accidents. Could be based on skill level,  manipulation, consciousness,  ect. Could be an interesting event,  since its very controlled,  unlike raids,  but still requires attention.

Dis... we need it.

whoishigh

Simplify Flooring UI: Floors is probably the most cluttered tab in the Architect menu simply because every material variation has its own build order. The five different stone tile orders could be reduced to one with a dropdown menu, as could the three metal tile and five carpet tile orders. This will garner you much praise from us small screen users as you add future floor types :)

GentlemanOtter

Adding weapons to be select able with outfits so when your brawler breaks his weapon in someone's arm, he can pick one up next time he's free.

king komodo

The one thing bugging me with this release is that I can't hook a muffalo (or other intermediate intelligence animal that's large enough) up to a cart and use it to haul things in a tended manner or at least give it a harness that could do the same thing, though I would almost suspect that there is a modder working on this. And honestly I think you have rescue and haul backwards since most animals would need to be able to haul something in order to rescue a person but that's minor.

Other than that I'm hoping to, eventually, be able to ride a muffalo/elephant/deer/thrumbo into battle. That last one's probably going to be pretty tough honestly.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the hay thing. It doesn't need refrigeration, just keeping dry. I know there's code for degradation faster during rain, perhaps when removing the refrigeration make it so it degrades faster than that in the rain.

Jamini

I would like to suggest a line of Allergy traits, which give pawns a negative moodlet when exposed to a specific thing.

Example Allergies

"Hay fever" - The pawn gains a negative mood modifier while outside between June and September, or when planting/harvesing Haygrass.
"Pollen Allergy" - The pawn gains a negative mood modifier while outside between March and May, or when plating/harvesting Trees.
"Dander Allergy" - The pawn gains a negative mood modifier while inside with most animals, and a larger one if they handle animals.
"Dust Allergy" - The pawn gains a negative mood modifier while inside a dirty room.
"Food Allergy : ( Dairy, Eggs, Nuts, Rice, etc.)" - The pawn gains a massive negative mood modifier and vomits after consuming anything made with the example food.

Also: Nut/Fruit trees. Which can be harvested like berry/agave bushes, and give wood when cut.

Cherries/Cashews/Walnuts/Peaches/Apples etc.

re1wind

Volcanic eruption. 
A lengthy event where ash falls from the sky, slowing creatures and pawns. The ash can be swept aside much like snow and solar power is decreased. affects respiration, increased chance of wildfires, plants take a few points of damage per day.

Sandstorm. This is not Darude.
A short weather event that deposits significant amount of sand that slows movement and can incapacitate pawns, requiring rescue. Sand can be swept aside like snow, and easily gets through vents, creating a lot of cleaning work. increased chance of getting sick for a few days thereafter (diseases carried along with the dust & sand). only occurs when the colony is near a desert.

Using ranged weapons as impromptu melee weapons.
Ranged weapons can be used as impromptu melee weapons when a pawn is being attacked by a melee animal/raider. give ranged weapons visible information about the melee damage type, damage value, and attack speed. using ranged weapons in this way causes 2 to 5x the deterioration rate based on the average of the pawn's ranged and melee skills, the weapon quality, and the object being attacked (i.e. squirrel vs armoured raider vs rhino vs mechanoid slug)

Generalized Hungry creature event.
This is the beaver event but generalized to all the animals, variable size of creatures. snakes only attack small creatures, like squirrels, hares, etc. Large herbivores eat all vegetation. small herbivores except beavers eat non-tree plants. wargs eat small herbivores and occasionally large ones.

Generalized Manhunter creature event.
1 to 20 creatures of any variety arrive on the map and will attack humans on sight. In the rare case that a single manhunter hare arrives, give it a special name. ;)

whoishigh

Event: Faction A with low relations with player colony offers to wipe the slate clean if the player assassinates a specific Faction B member scheduled to be passing through shortly.

A similar event could be one where Faction A has good relations with the player and offers a sum of silver or gold to assassinate a specific Faction B member.

zenfur

Quote from: re1wind on August 25, 2015, 01:58:03 PM
Generalized Manhunter creature event.
1 to 20 creatures of any variety arrive on the map and will attack humans on sight. In the rare case that a single manhunter hare arrives, give it a special name. ;)

And equip your pawns with holy hand grenades!
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!