Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regret

Quote from: Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed on September 06, 2015, 08:27:14 AM
Quote from: TheVoidDragon on September 06, 2015, 08:20:11 AM
Some sort of stun weapon to help capture things would be nice. Obviously there would need to be some sort of downside to it so it's not overpowered and can't be use to just take everything/everyone you see. Perhaps have it so it has a chance to incapacitate what it hits, but there's also a chance that it will just damage/destroy parts of them instead.

That way it might take several hits to get something down depending on what it is, but you're also risking not having them at full health it if does work.

It's annoying having to balance things, isn't it? I mean primitive tribes these days can even make tranquiliser darts that work almost instantaneously first time. Tiny darts that do essentially zero damage to the target. And this is far far into the future, it should be trivial to harvest chemicals from some critters or plants and make an equivalent and use it with the hunting rifle or something.
Balance idea: Melee range. Use Xerigium as a weapon, single use. If that still isn't balanced just don't give it 100% success rate.

Another idea: Let Boomalopes produce a really valuable chemical. If you want to keep it really challenging: unlucky/unskilled attempt at milking them makes them go boom.

whoishigh

Additional volume sliders. Personally I find the weather effects pretty overpowering and would greatly appreciate the option to adjust those sound effects independent of everything else.

Alitaria

Dunno if this has been suggested already but "Tamed Animal Starvation" like we already have with colonists.
I have had far too many animals die of starvation or have miscarriages because i wasnt paying attention to my hay stockpile 24/7
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Kajin

Not sure how complex this would be, but I'd love for there to be a Pasture Grass crop option that replaces everything in that growing zone with regular field grass for grazing animals to consume. That way we can restore fields that have been burned through or otherwise destroyed for whatever reason.

erynr73

Quote from: Kaelent on January 13, 2015, 11:16:20 PM
Meh...add a craft station priority similar to stockpile priority. I want to be able to have my cooks prioritize butchering over crafting meals or tailoring over stone-cutting.

Also, add a 'rotten' flag to the Crematorium bills. Currently the only way to dispose of rotting corpses that hunters fail to bring back is hauling or burial manually. If you set the 'animals' flag for a bill in the Crematorium to burn them then they fight over fresh corpses that are ready to be butchered. It would be nice if you could set it to only target animal corpses that are rotten.

Yes please!

Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed

Quote from: A Friend on September 12, 2015, 10:22:30 AM

Ability to overwrite "X is reserved by Bob that's pretty much on the other side of the planet" in favor of someone closer.

Yeah, for sure! Order stacking/queuing could be too, too. You could assign several piles of harvested crops to a person to make sure they actually do them, without having to repeatedly wait for them to haul it and then order them to do the next for every single one.

Regret

Quote from: Kajin on September 13, 2015, 11:29:55 PM
Not sure how complex this would be, but I'd love for there to be a Pasture Grass crop option that replaces everything in that growing zone with regular field grass for grazing animals to consume. That way we can restore fields that have been burned through or otherwise destroyed for whatever reason.
Planting hay or dandelions works fine. for letting your animals graze.
Hay has as upside that every once in a while some if it isn't eaten so it can be stored for winter.
I think dandelions spread further on their own, but i'm not sure.

whoishigh

Make "I" the hotkey for the plan tool again. I don't think we really need a hotkey for opening things at this point, whereas I use the beans out of the planner. I've yet to find a use for open, anyway!

Kajin

Sappers carry extra weapons and make a beeline for the prison if they can help it. Extra weapons given to prisoners that are "liberated" from their "oppressors" and agree to fight for the invading force.

jamesinar

Quote from: Kajin on September 17, 2015, 12:16:10 AM
Sappers carry extra weapons and make a beeline for the prison if they can help it. Extra weapons given to prisoners that are "liberated" from their "oppressors" and agree to fight for the invading force.

Only prisoners of the same faction.

blub01

Quote from: jamesinar on September 17, 2015, 09:14:15 AM

(this probably isn't cheap, but meh)

and maybe add the option for factions to be friendly to each other, and have them help themselves, and free the respective other faction's prisoners.

also, please make the default window for writing a forum post longer.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Kajin

You know the whole "enemy of my enemy" thing. If I have a tribal in my prison and some pirates or an outlander faction show up and give him a gun, you'd kinda figure that he'd be willing to fight with them for at least a little bit. If only to get revenge on the player's colonists for locking him up.

jamesinar

Quote from: Kajin on September 17, 2015, 11:59:34 AM

You know the whole "enemy of my enemy" thing. If I have a tribal in my prison and some pirates or an outlander faction show up and give him a gun, you'd kinda figure that he'd be willing to fight with them for at least a little bit. If only to get revenge on the player's colonists for locking him up.

I'd go with that if they had a small chance of firing on the raiders too.

blub01

Quote from: jamesinar on September 17, 2015, 09:03:21 PM
Quote from: Kajin on September 17, 2015, 11:59:34 AM

I'd go with that if they had a small chance of firing on the raiders too.

Or a quite high one if their factions are hostile, but they might still potentially cooperate.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

whoishigh

The restrictions tab needs work - specifically the joy part. Colonists will use joy time to sleep, which almost always results in them going to sleep without actually participating in joy activities when multiple are available. This in turn leads to totally joy-deprived colonists the player can do nothing to counter because colonists can't be forced to play horseshoes.

Edit: this is a real problem as sick colonists will use the joy time to rest instead of performing joy activities. Then they break because their mood is too low, and can't be treated for whatever is ailing them.