Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regret

Batteries are too efficient at 50%, turn that down to 10% to make power management more interesting.

blub01

Quote from: Regret on October 16, 2015, 04:15:26 AM
Batteries are too efficient at 50%, turn that down to 10% to make power management more interesting.

what? power is already a pain in the ass in the lategame because you have to use solars and have no other options. cutting battery efficiency is like saying "f*ck you, try to protect an even larger array".
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

ShaiNe

After playing this wonderful game just for 1 day; I suggest the following things that makes the game more realistic:

• Baths, showers and toilets (affects comfort)
  • More joy options: television, radio, swimming pool,... (more difference increases joy)
  • Water pumps (with a limited range), pipes and purification (water has random generated quality) for kitchens, bathrooms, swimming pool and fire extinguishers
  • Windows (increases beauty and comfort)

Sorry if these things are already been said  8)

ShaiNe

Some little rearranges in the Architect menu:

• Floors menu should be in the Structure menu.
  • Joy menu  should be in the Furniture menu.
  • Power menu and Temperature menu can be brought together in the "Energy" menu.

ShaiNe

• Worlds should be less earth looking, with more extreme weathers, climates, different air qualities (require airsuits) and alien like animals.
  • Explore options: Like many games you have to explore the area to see it. When you have explored the area but you aren't active in the area anymore, there will be a fog that covers all activities (animals, people) in that area. Exploring (between priorities Haul and Clean) can be done by colonists (higher skill = bigger radius + last longer active after leaving) and (self-powered) radars show the ranged area permanently. Radars can also take over all warnings (storms, raids,...) you normally get.

ShaiNe

After escaping the planet, you can land on another planet to start again. When you have colonized two or more planets, you can trade/traffic between them with your ship(s).
In the main menu there has to be a "universe" button that brings you to a random generated universe map with flickering stars, spinning planets and moons. There you can choose which planet(s) you want to colonize, depending on your ship fuel stocks. So the game never ends (better replayable value) and multiplayer options come available.

blub01

just as a reminder, this thread is about suggestions that are EASY TO IMPLEMENT, a water system for example would take quite some work, this whole recolonizing thing would a) take a ton of work and b) there are some plotholes there - the pawns crashed on a rimworld, they didn't actually try to colonize it, why would they go ahead and colonize another planet?

EDIT: oh and fog of war is a nice idea, but the map is a bit too small for it to make real sense.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

FelisVulpes

Fences!!! Partially aesthetic, but works essentially like a wall! It would probably be rather weak and unable to support a roof, but it'd be a much nicer way of creating pastures for your critters.
FOX :D

DrakePork

Advanced Solarpanel and Advanced Windturbine More power than the regular solarpanels and winturbines. Get through researching.

Duster New Trait. A person with this trait will get bonus Mood when the area around him is dirty/not cleaned.

Cleaned New Trait. A person who gets a negative mood bonus if its dirty/not cleaned around him. The name is cleaned becaouse i didnt come up with anything else

No Clean Area New Zone Area. This works like no roof area and that stuff but that where you have this area people will not go and clean. This is for the Duster Trait that is stated above.

Genetic Plants Plants will grow 50% faster than usual but will drop 30% less food. Get through researching.

Selonianth

A menu along the lines of the manual priorities menu that determines what to haul first instead of distance.

Zilch

I second the Allergy Trait idea.
Dust/Flowering plants give a mood debuff.

NuclearStudent

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on October 15, 2015, 12:53:30 PM
Id like to see hunting handled as a bill at the butchers table (accessible and constant across all of them) where you can select what animals to hunt.

Also, when people are hunting, have an exclusion radius around the hunter like the AI deals with avoiding turrets.  So if you are out hunting boars lets say, the first hunter goes for one, then the next hunter goes for something outside that radius.  So they stay away from each other.  Hopefully this keeps them from walking into each others field of fire.

Actually a good idea.

Limdood

From a suggestion thread of mine.

Custom start.
Redo the add a "new custom story" to the main menu, like "new colony"
Each bad or good event that can happen (thrumbos, traders, volcanic winters, eclipse, etc.) is on the next screen with either a checkbox or a slider (never -> very rare, rare, occasionally, sometimes, often, very often, always).

Allow people who want more customisation to select how they want to play their colony.  People ask for "all the time" traders?  now they can.  People HATE solar flares (guilty...), BOOM! gone!  People want their colony to suffer?  permanent toxic fallout! 

Could even work for specific playstyles.  Psychopathic canniballistic psychically deaf people?  lots of raids and psychic waves/ships!

seems like this is the next step towards making the game "appeal to as wide a range as possible"

OFC phoebe, cassandra, and robby would still be options too, and if achievements were ever implemented, making them exclusive to the storytellers would be a way to encourage the "just start my colony" mindset.

Rofo

I would like coma as an injurie due to a head hit. The character may stay disabled along a random period of time... or always.

FelisVulpes

Quote from: Rofo on October 21, 2015, 04:51:36 PM
I would like coma as an injurie due to a head hit. The character may stay disabled along a random period of time... or always.

Liking the coma idea a lot!!!
FOX :D