Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooyaa222

I have 3 cheep ideas all to do with prisoners
1) An event called prison break where if you have an prisoner a hostile colony will stage a break out
2) (if you wanted to make it simpler) the prisoners go aggressive and try to break out and run for it.
3) An offer where a hostile colony will offer money to get there prisoners back but only if you are at a certain standard to them
I feel this would really make the well-being of prisoners a bigger priority .

Also an idea that just came into my head war parties (or raids whatever there called) have animals of there own.
I hope these are good ideas and personally feel it would spice up the game when it comes to prisoners

mooyaa222

I'm fairly sure this isn't being checked any more however I have another idea I don't know how cheep it is but I will give it a shot. on the first page it said Molotov's  where a cheep idea how about tear gas (it would be a grenade that when explodes releases gas that causes pain and effects sight on which colonist would run away from)

also bear trap a trap that when stepped on would cause massive damage to leg/s
punching bag (a joy furniture that increases melee 
or a going for a jog/treadmill . joy activity  (joy activity that increases global speed)

TheTruSavage

-A mount skill for animals
-Watermill power (like the turbine but placed in water to create energy)
-A table for gun smiting
-Fence option (chain,wood, etc)
-Trip wire (activates a mine)
-Chicken Coop (restores chickens sleep faster)
-Hunting skill for animals
-People can have kids too (but when they are pregnant seriously deducts movement stats and the time that they can work)
-Fountains
-Advanced turrets

BiFur

I read that cannibals are more likely to get sick due to the fact that human meat can contain bacteria/viruses that are harmful to humans, whereas animal meat is much, much less likely to have bacteria/viruses that are harmful to humans. As it stands there is no downside to having an all-cannibal colony eat human meat exclusively, but it should make them a bit more likely to get ill.

jzero

how about if when you, i don't know, leave a charge rifle in their cell. They will pick it up and try to escape. Possibly taking other prisoners with them?
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

MagusLucius

Prisoner exchange.

use the comms console to negotiate for an exchange of captured raiders for the return of captured colonists, dependent on social skill and value of hostage.  Or flat-out pay for their return.

point blank shots on a downed target should be automatic kill. at any skill level above 1. with any impairment except blindness... or inability to hold a weapon.  Even my one-armed hunter (arm got shot off and I failed to notice...>.<) should have been able to shoot something in the head from one tile away.

some logical motivation for hivers expending the energy and resources to attack.

surge protectors and lightning arresters as an event-triggered research item.  could have a quality or failure chance so that they don't always work, but reduce the risk of overloads or lightning strikes.

the ability to recover partial materials from flooring.  I sunk a load of silver into sterile tiles for an infirmary, and then had to tear it all up to remodel my base.  I probably lost 650 silver between the floor in the infirmary and the floor in the freezer.

shooting targets/practice dummies for training fighting skill as a joy item for colonists who have an interest but not enough skill to be of use.

hold fire when friendlies are in the way, or take a better position.

Lhoto

Quick ideas I had just today:
1. Ability to copy tasks from crafting benches (IE: Copying a specific task or all tasks and their settings from cook stove #1 to cook stove #2)
2. Ability to limit a crafting/cooking task to a specific person/people, rather than a specific skill level (Sure, you can do it with manual work priorities technically, or just adding more benches, but manual work priorities only have 4 levels of priority. This can make it impossible to achieve tasks in the order which you want them done without drafting and un-drafting)

Off of the mindset of crafting, here's some new ideas for hunting and power:
3. Hunting traps (could require nets from fabric, or be as simple as a deadfall trap)
4. "Colored" or somehow distinguished wires, to allow for overlapping yet separate power grids. Could help preventing your geotherms from loading up batteries, or allowing your defense system to be on a different power switch more easily.

blub01

I encountered a problem a while ago with animals starving if there wasn't any food right next to them. maybe increase the radius they search in by a few times. otherwise, if you don't have a food stockpile right next to the sleeping spots in an enclosed base, they'll constantly be starving.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

MagusLucius

If a colonist has a meal in their inventory, make them eat it before stealing requisitioning another one from stores.

blub01

an event where a colonist mysteriously recovers from a disease that would have killed him/her.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Regret

Quote from: blub01 on January 21, 2016, 03:07:00 PM
I encountered a problem a while ago with animals starving if there wasn't any food right next to them. maybe increase the radius they search in by a few times. otherwise, if you don't have a food stockpile right next to the sleeping spots in an enclosed base, they'll constantly be starving.
good one, could have some interesting side effects as well!

Alistaire

Make methods virtual in RimWorld.Plant to allow mods to introduce additional harvesting products etcetera:

public void PlantCollected();
public void MakeLeafless();
public void CropBlighted();

Necronomocoins

Quote from: mooyaa222 on January 17, 2016, 10:44:18 PM
I have 3 cheep ideas all to do with prisoners
1) An event called prison break where if you have an prisoner a hostile colony will stage a break out
2) (if you wanted to make it simpler) the prisoners go aggressive and try to break out and run for it.
3) An offer where a hostile colony will offer money to get there prisoners back but only if you are at a certain standard to them
I feel this would really make the well-being of prisoners a bigger priority .

Also an idea that just came into my head war parties (or raids whatever there called) have animals of there own.
I hope these are good ideas and personally feel it would spice up the game when it comes to prisoners
Love this idea, it gives me another idea. Not having to research things that recruits/prisoners from technologically advanced backgrounds might already know, or interrogations for research unlocks and/or Tribal recruits/prisoners being lower maintenance. ie. lower requirements for higher moods. (They live, eat, sleep and work in the dirt with very little to entertain them then join a colony and all of a sudden they need clean, well appointed rooms and cooked food?)

Mossy piglet

When harvesting crops there is nothing but food/cloth/medecine. Instead they should also give "crop waste." This could be used instead of wood for cpfires but otherwise serve no purpose.
Tardigrades are superior to all other life forms in every way.

Ps I secretly am one I am the king of their civilization.

blub01

Quote from: Mossy piglet on January 24, 2016, 06:33:40 PM
When harvesting crops there is nothing but food/cloth/medecine. Instead they should also give "crop waste." This could be used instead of wood for cpfires but otherwise serve no purpose.

don't really see the point. what does it add to the game? I mean, what about that would make the game better?