Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asanbr

A notification when prisoners die of illness or any other reason.

A notification of heat stroke before people become unconscious.

asanbr

Escaping prisoners should pick up weapons, at least if they are being attacked.
This would be more realistic, and it would be useful since prisoners could be used for decoy against other factions' raids.

Kraehe

That you can forbid your colonists some materials for clothes to wear. So that it is a bit easier to make clothes for sale and clothes to wear.

hector212121

Import beacons that set a specific location for specific goods to be placed at when you shop.

Mossy piglet

Quote from: asanbr on March 04, 2016, 04:58:05 PM
Escaping prisoners should pick up weapons, at least if they are being attacked.
This would be more realistic, and it would be useful since prisoners could be used for decoy against other factions' raids.
It was mentioned this would be added in alpha 13.
Tardigrades are superior to all other life forms in every way.

Ps I secretly am one I am the king of their civilization.

asanbr

Vegan / raw food eater. Gets mood buff from eating veggies and uncooked veggies, but debuff from anything that contains meat. Will make the correct choices accordingly without micromanagement.

And the opposite could be interesting too, a person who prefers meat (raw?) and gets a debuff from vegetables. I met such a person today, maybe that's why I got the idea.

Tynan

Quote from: asanbr on March 12, 2016, 04:03:19 PM
Vegan / raw food eater. Gets mood buff from eating veggies and uncooked veggies, but debuff from anything that contains meat. Will make the correct choices accordingly without micromanagement.

And the opposite could be interesting too, a person who prefers meat (raw?) and gets a debuff from vegetables. I met such a person today, maybe that's why I got the idea.

A pretty good idea; could also feed into a possible "belief systems" future system.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

cameron908

Tynan mode 8) hidden option in settings that replaces a significant amount of in game text with the word "Tynan"

"a Tynan is visiting your Tynan" "Tynan has died from Tynan" "Tynan is going on a Tynan" "Tynan has gone Tynan!" "Tynan is no longer Tynan"
"a Tynan year old Tynan is being chased by Tynan and is asking for Tynan" "Tynan has given birth!" ;) "Tynan was crushed to Tynan"
"Tynan has Tynan'ed to death" "a group of Tynan has decided to Tynan your Tynan"

Khall

Traits:

Strong/Weak: Gets increased carrying capacity and a buff to melee damage. Opposite for Weak. Could tie it to body type, or not.

Agoraphobia: Fear of open spaces, basically flips around the space need.

Animal lover: Hates the sight of dead animals, but like having an animal assigned to them, and increased effect from nuzzle. The aftermath of a manhunter event may be very distressing.

Insomniac: Slower sleep need decay rate, but higher mental break threshold.

Mossy piglet

Quote from: Khall on March 13, 2016, 09:21:40 AM
Traits:

Strong/Weak: Gets increased carrying capacity and a buff to melee damage. Opposite for Weak. Could tie it to body type, or not.

Agoraphobia: Fear of open spaces, basically flips around the space need.

Animal lover: Hates the sight of dead animals, but like having an animal assigned to them, and increased effect from nuzzle. The aftermath of a manhunter event may be very distressing.

Insomniac: Slower sleep need decay rate, but higher mental break threshold.

This is a good idea but there is one thing wrong. Insomnia is the inability or difficulty to sleep. Also, you gave me an idea. Narcolepsy us a condition\Tait where sleep need decays rapidly. Can't think of one now but there would have to be some benefit to balance narcolepsy.

Mossy piglet

Quote from: cameron908 on March 12, 2016, 08:43:21 PM
Tynan mode 8) hidden option in settings that replaces a significant amount of in game text with the word "Tynan"

"a Tynan is visiting your Tynan" "Tynan has died from Tynan" "Tynan is going on a Tynan" "Tynan has gone Tynan!" "Tynan is no longer Tynan"
"a Tynan year old Tynan is being chased by Tynan and is asking for Tynan" "Tynan has given birth!" ;) "Tynan was crushed to Tynan"
"Tynan has Tynan'ed to death" "a group of Tynan has decided to Tynan your Tynan"

Why?

Kraehe

With the new relationship mechanic:

Sex addict: enhance the chance to betray your husband/wife or sleep with married people. Gives some strong mood debuff for the betrayed colonists.

frigid: doesn't want to sleep with his/her partner and also to sleep in the same bed with them. Gives an permanent mood debuff to the partner. Or tho the frigid colonist if they sleep in the same bed.

animal raised: thinks he/she is an animal and only sleeps in animal beds. Better at close combat, can't hold range weapons and only can do simple tasks.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Mossy piglet on March 13, 2016, 10:30:08 AM

Why?

Why not? That sounds amazing Tynan.

Although, it does make the colony sound like a Smurf town, only with Tynans.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

cameron908

Quote from: StorymasterQ on March 13, 2016, 08:56:04 PM
Quote from: Mossy piglet on March 13, 2016, 10:30:08 AM

Why?

Why not? That sounds amazing Tynan.

Although, it does make the colony sound like a Smurf town, only with Tynans.

I mean... why in the Tynan would you not want Tynan all over the Tynan!?

jzero

Actual cannibal shia labeouf.