Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasikabatrachus

A simple mass forbid/unforbid tool would be great for managing the hauling of distant items.

A Friend

Trader muffalos having packs. Because where the heck do they store all those items then

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Sjaa

Option to have a warmer or colder world when using the world generator.  This would allow for biome/latitude variation and give interesting biome types (extreme desert on the coast, tundra near the equator, etc.)

ZeeOvenfresh

new event: failed raiders
-raiders from [enemy faction] are calling for help. If you help them, they join your colony and the faction chasing them are hostile towards you.
"How did you get into my house?"
-Morgan Freeman

Deathking9132

I usually play on extreme mode and the only thing that disturbs me is that after a while there are huge piles of dead bodies and their cloths, I tried making a special room in with all dead are burnt along with they belongings but this method some times burns my on pawn cloths and leathers and cloths just keep piling on my map and stockpiles. So I think it might be a good idea that everything not under a roof get degraded at rapid rate.The current rate of decay of dead bodies is too long and some items never degrade which comes from wreckages . A item annihilator should also do the trick

asanbr

We don't get double negative mood for 2x raw cannibalism or 2x cooked cannibalism.

But one of each and they stack fully. This is not fair. Only the highest negative one should be in effect, perhaps with a minor additional mood decrease due to more cannibalism, just like organ harvesting and other negative effects that stack, but not 100% more for each incident.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Spongmana

Some ideas that are hopefully simple enough to add:
-Allowing drafted colonists to flick switches, it is right now a bit of a hassle to turn on electrical systems in the middle of a raid because a soldier needs to be undrafted and set to flick. before being drafted again. Allowing drafted soldiers to flick switches would be much more convenient.
-Some kind of autoswitch that consumes more components and needs to be researched, but it only turns on systems when colonists are in the vicinity/room. So we can start saving power by turning off unused lights without having to micromanage. Would also make colonies feel alive with lights switching on/off when colonists enter and leave their rooms.
-Creating custom "stockpile types" which can be shared throughout multiple games and is basically an extension to the copy/paste tool(Pasting some presets). Saves the effort of having to manually enter certain common stockpiles (food,guns,raw materials).
-Coal ore which can be used as a more efficient fuel source rather than wood, to aid in harsh biomes.
-Stronger, more efficient turrets for late game which can also be bought from traders.
-Colonists eat food which expires the quickest first, too often have I nearly starved when my colonists ate the food with the longest expiration date first and let the other food rot. (Maybe toggleable)
-Scrap metal caltrops/spikes which slow down and lightly wound anything that walks over them, to slightly slow down the advance of huge raider waves with melee that scale over your sandbags. Optimally avoided by colonists and npcs unless its a combat situation.

ChimpX

Hey.... why doesn't someone with Burning Passion for something get Joy from doing it?

E.g. a Green Thumb colonist with Burning Passion for Growing ought to get at least a mild buzz off of pollinating flowers, shouldn't they?

CarlCarbon

Not sure if this has been posted before but: Bolas for the tribe people. If they throw it at a colonist it slows them down and maybe if they through enough it can incapacitate them and they would need another colonist to free them.

For those who don't know what a bola is just google "Bola Weapon"

Bonus: They can be used to capture animals too :3

Alistaire

Weapon commonality much like there currently is apparel commonality. The only commonality can be found in stuff for melee weapons but especially for mods it's useful to not have every raider spawn with the same high market value weapon.

soulkata

A cheap idea is to put store the permadeath mode on a global option, then the new game screen pick a default value.... (Because I always forget to set the value to true!)

IrishRimMaster1

I'm surprised no one has thought if this yet, epically with the Alpha 13 update. No not same sex marriage, but transgender colonists. Transgender people are people who have the opposite genders parts. So if you're a boy, you would have female parts. All it would need is a third gender type, with a few sprite modifications. When you think about it, its same sex marriage, without the same sex. Eh?

Limdood

Allow hauling to be initiated on an object in an adjacent tile instead of in the pawn's tile.

Sounds pointless right?  well, it would prevent some of the stupid deaths that happen when pawns decide to rearm traps without clearing the bodies/weapons off of them.  Since pretty much anyone that uses traps is making sure they can reach every single trap tile WITHOUT stepping on a trap (using doors for rearming, for example), this will allow cleaning bodies, weapons, and meals from fallen raiders off of the traps without bothering with constant micromanagement of pawns who are trying to rearm the traps before they're cleared.

#HaulerSafety

mumblemumble

Auto haul of chunks generated by mining...  Or an option to do so.

Add in faction raids coming from map edges rather than pods,  these places shouldn't have the means to launch people in pods,  them walking into the map makes much more sense,  at least from factions.

Ability to place a space trader,  or even land caravan "order",  paying substantially more / using more power to transmit across space,  in order to shift the odds dramatically more likely to get a certain trader,  or even specific item,  like gold,  food,  medicine,  clothing, or anything else.  Perhaps not gaurenteed,  but very likely,  at the cost of an extra fee for delivery.

Pain levels lower berserk chance.  If i was sore,  i wouldn't be as aggressive.

Restrictions on work stations so we can finally have a dedicated cook and dedicated butcher without them being difficult.

Raising torso health slightly...I understand the torso being turned inside out would be fatal, but it seems very delicate for how often it gets hit, and a person dying from 8 gut punches is a pain in the ass.

Refueling campfires as an automatic task like refilling hoppers.

hoppers working on fueled items
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Nonmomentus Brain

Idea: Railgun turret.

Works similarly to mortars. Building of a large size, requires a colonist to operate, takes long to research, requires ammunition (possibly, but not necessarily, the existing artillery shells), long cooldown/warm-up (capacitors need to charge and systems need to cool down, possibly somewhat longer than the mortar's cooldown), extreme range.

Main differences to mortars: Requires a lot of electricity. Incapable of indirect fire, so it requires a line of sight. Extremely accurate and very fast projectile travel time (most of the time, it will hit what it tries to hit). No AoE damage – only a single target is hit (it does not pierce targets because the projectiles are designed to release their entire kinetic energy against a single target). However, it should be able to hit multiple body parts and do massive damage, taking out most humanoids in a single shot.

It would probably be used against single dangerous targets (centipedes, for example). It would be mostly useless against large groups of enemies (like tribes).