Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

Make sandbags install / deinstallable...this is the main reason they were made as a defensive measure, very, VERY easy to move around compared to say, a stone structure, or steel barrier

Make firefoam give toxic buildup when standing in it, being ignored mostly, but too much of it could cause health problems..perhaps even having a 2ndary purpose as a "bug bomb" to coat nests and slowly kill them off.

Make animals flea when shot at,  or shot near.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Ironvos

I'd like to see an alternate zoom mode, similar to how zooming in and out on google maps works.
Instead of zooming towards the center of the screen, you zoom in relation to the place the cursor is at.

keylocke

i think the factions available in the generated world should be shown in the world map. (when generating a new world)

reason :
it's coz the type of trade caravans available is dependent on the type of factions available. like bionics and guns mostly appear from outlander faction traders, while tribal traders seem to focus more on tribal weapons and other low-tech stuff.

currently, player needs to actually check the faction markers in the map one-by-one to actually figure out the available factions. this is too much hassle, yet so important since trade is so vital to the gameplay.

GuesUserNameGUN

How about make it so your colonists can still walk after they have lost a leg?

Mineman_Miner18

Well i was thinking that the colonist should have babies. You can use the animal breed code on the colonist and for the babies make them smaller and just walk around and cant work for the colony until an certain age or use how long they have been in the world.

IronSquid501

Quote from: keylocke on April 16, 2016, 01:02:50 PM
i think the factions available in the generated world should be shown in the world map. (when generating a new world)

reason :
it's coz the type of trade caravans available is dependent on the type of factions available. like bionics and guns mostly appear from outlander faction traders, while tribal traders seem to focus more on tribal weapons and other low-tech stuff.

currently, player needs to actually check the faction markers in the map one-by-one to actually figure out the available factions. this is too much hassle, yet so important since trade is so vital to the gameplay.

The only ones you really need be concerned about are whether or not there's 2 tribes. Frequencies don't seem to change - You'll either get 4 caravans from 1 town or 4 caravans from 3 towns, 2 raids from 1 pirate group or 2 raids from 2 groups, etc. Only extra friendly tribes seem to make a difference, thanks to the extra visits and special trade ops.

Still, being able to see what factions are in the world would definitely be nice, and I personally would like to see a return to your own factions being present in the world map.

IronSquid501

There's a few ideas (Probably ones that have been explored already, I don't know) that I've had lately that I, personally, think would greatly improve the game.

#1 - Fuse Boxes
Probably the most important idea here. Basically, you attach the fuse box block to a power grid and when the Zzzt... event occurs, rather than a power line exploding & catching fire, the fuse box will become damaged and require repair instead. It's a trade off between maintaining the fuse box and fighting fires, which in certain biomes can turn from a small hazard to an uncontrollable mess in no time (Especially if you don't have fire poppers yet)

#2 - Hairdressing
Pretty simple, something to put a pawn's Art skill to use. Having a hairdressing chair (Or some similar production furniture) that can have a bill set to either shape hair into a particular desired style, or colour it a particular colour, then selecting a pawn & have them "Prioritize receiving haircut" from the chair would fit the bill nicely. A pawn in the "Art" skill tagged would then tend to the pawn in the chair, resulting in your pawns becoming more or less personalized.

#3 - Cosmetic Surgery
One I'm sure I've has been posted before, but I can't be 100% sure. With the new "Disfigured" social effect, it'd be great to have some kind of cosmetic surgery bill to 'fix' things like shot off ears & noses. While this might only slightly improve the negative effect given by the disfigured appendage, if at all, it would remedy the social effect & allow people to get along with their lives without getting beaten up by their friends because of a missing nose. Would likely require both high medicine and art skills.

#4 - Prosthetic/Bionic Organs
This one is a bit more complex. While we can already replace organs with harvested ones, something tells me that Glitterworld tech has a little more to offer. Despite being *very* expensive, Bionic Organs would be a great boon to many colonies, especially ones that have a bunch of people with defective hearts and no real way of taking people alive. The main reason I believe they'd be so great is that us humans tend to have very fragile organs, and a hyperweave mesh heart would be a little more robust. Additionally, I'd love to see the ability to implant AI Cores into a pawns brain, especially that of a braindead pawn, in order to revive them. This would likely bestow some less-than-desirable perks along the way, but at the very least would make them useful again (As long as, once again, your colony has the riches to do it.)

While I'd also like to see additional organs (Things like subdermal hyperweave meshes, etc.) I certainly wouldn't consider them an "important" addition, but a nice one regardless.

#5 - Surrendering
I've seen and heard this one a fair few times, but would like to express my opinion on it. If a shiv-armed pirate is completely surrounded by power armoured cyber warriors with no escape route, I believe they should be able to surrender themselves and give you the choice of either capturing them without incapacitating them, freeing them (Giving your colony a boos to relations with whatever faction you might be fighting) or simply executing them (Which would likely give a debuff to your pawns same as prison executions, but it should be an option)

Of course, not everybody would surrender in these situations, but it should be a chance occurance - Likely one that's less likely to happen with, say, tribal warriors, and more likely to happen with outpost citizens. It may well also happen to your own pawns if they possess certain traits and find themselves outmanned, outgunned, and surrounded with dead allies nearby.

FelisVulpes

Not sure how feasible it would be - hunting zones? Pain in the ass when you've got multiple hunters and they end up shooting one another, so it'd be nice to ask them to hunt in different areas of the map?
FOX :D

FelisVulpes

Also, if there's the Gay trait, can we also have Poly, Straight, Bi, Pan and Ace?
FOX :D

Jan2607

It would be really nice, if you could change the color of the zones.

For example, I use red zones for my storage, green zones for my growing zones and blue zones for my coolers. It's really annoying, if you have to set up and delete 10 zones, until you got the color, you wanted.
It has to do something with beauty. I don't want to have a colony with zones in 10 different colors.

Panzer

An ability to castrate animals, sometimes you just dont want them breeding, and keeping in different zones can be a problem, especially with haulers.

king komodo

Quote from: Fallen145 on April 16, 2016, 12:30:25 AM
Hello first I will like to say I love your game and love watching videos on it to see how other people play through it

But I have a few suggestions about the game that could make it a bit better they aren't anything big just some simple things that you guys might like

1: fishing, because you can build a base near a lake or the sea in the game you should be able to fish. Making fishing spears, fishing rods, nets and whatever to fish for a new food source. It would work like growing plats where you have a chance that you will get nothing after a long day of fishing and you can have it work as a  stress reliever and joy tool. Like if someone was able to find nothing after a day of fishing they will have like +5 stress the fallowing day but if they can find something they might be happier the next day

2: fertilizer, with all the animals running around the game you should be able to gather their or your own pool and mix it with something like bone (because bone should be used for something) and make fertilizer so your plants can grow faster or whatever just something simple

3: animal armor: nothing crazy like putting guns on your dogs or elephants, but something simple like leather or steel armor for some so when they fight for you they wont die as easy from a shotgun to the face. or maybe saddles for some of them so your people can ride them and haul more things as they go out.

Fishing has been suggested multiple times so guessing it's rather complex or at least harder than we think since I don't know why it's not in the game yet. We used to have a fertilizer pump was a little unbalanced since it could change rock into fertile soil so an ADDITIVE fertilizer might not be a bad idea although it may run into the same problem. As for animal armor yes, please. Also on to my own idea, riding animals as a mount, War Elephants were a thing and actually scary to ancient romans, figure it would bring another interesting layer if we had only certain animals able to be ridden and needing to craft a saddle to do so.

Nofear001

Here is a couple Cheap Ideas [A13]:

1) put zone expansion button directly in the selected zones menu for easier access
2) colonist turn lights off in their rooms before bed
3) new back stories that improve and focus on hauling and cleaning attributes.
4) setup turrets to be reinstall able ( they are expensive!)
5) reduce component cost on advanced research bench ( easy to clear a map of components before unlocking component workbench.)
6) Build-able dirt walls for that stone age hut feeling
7) Refrigeration racks (same as weapon racks but cold as ice)
8) thief ( special event where a seemingly normal visitor steals something and runs away with it)
9) Fans ( Cheaper variant of the AC unit but installs like a heater)

Nofear001

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 17, 2016, 07:31:19 AM
It would be really nice, if you could change the color of the zones.

For example, I use red zones for my storage, green zones for my growing zones and blue zones for my coolers. It's really annoying, if you have to set up and delete 10 zones, until you got the color, you wanted.
It has to do something with beauty. I don't want to have a colony with zones in 10 different colors.

Also this would be awesome!

mumblemumble

Remove cancel / deconstruct from zone menu (useless when applied to zones,  just clutters it)

Give beds a higher min comfortable temperature. I think sheets on it would help quite a bit.

Make animals flea from danger like colonists.

Give sunshine a small mood bonus for people.

Spar joy activity,  raising melee skills,  with no injury risk.

Beauty perception buff to drunk people. (drunk people see attractiveness 20% higher,  flirt more)

Alcohol as an alternative to medicine for anesthetic (for surgery in more frontier colonies,  using alcohol to numb pain,  herbal medicine for disinfectant, but less effective than regular medicine.)

Make butchering humans with bionics give components.

Extremely slim chance for tamed animal to tame another animal of the same species.

Soft break : sleep. Colonists just sleep for hours on end,  uselessly resting   
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.