Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoishigh

The death of a colonist should definitely be a letter-worthy event. Something along the lines of "Poopy has bled out from a squirrel-inflicted bite wound."

Too often I miss the all too brief pop-up at the top of the screen and a colonist ends up buried in a pauper's grave with the rest of the raider scum!

uzzi44

If you remove the liver or both kidneys of someone they would still live for a little time. Also we need more bionic body parts.

Vaporisor

Quote from: SheepLover on April 22, 2016, 04:31:44 AM
Oh and giant snails. Giants snails would be wonderful. Actually, forget all that other stuff I said before. Just add in giant snails. That would be so great.

That would be something very fun for jungle and other high rain zones!  Give it more of that alien world feel!!!  Seconded

Tweak nutrient paste dispenser is my idea.  Change the research for it to instead be required to build it and function as normal, and add a small enhancement bonus to work speed or similiar when eating nutrient paste.  Makes the nutrient paste dispenser a tactical choice.  Essentially some sort of health category buff similar to if they had some temporary bionic part.  From a roleplay standpoint, if nutrient paste is designed to be exacting to what somebody needs, it may taste awful, but the body will run optimally.

Mainly cause cooking meals I don't find to be that big of a time investment to the rewards.

Edit:  Bit of a derp on my part.  For some reason I thought simple meals took only five foods, but watching my colonists work, noticed they actually are using ten.  Forgot it was ten single for a simple, and two types of food to make a good meal.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

hwfanatic

If there is a standing lamp in someone's bedroom, make them toggle power before and after going to sleep.

Ace_livion

Bionic Jaw.
since people constantly get their jaw shot off.
the bionic jaw is a fascinating combination of glitter-world technology allowing a hige-teck communication system to work together whit an array of sharp food processioning blades.
fixes speech/improving
and fixes eating/improving

"Force Open" feature on electric doors.
it be nice to be able to force open electric doors.
no more waiting for raiders to knock them down.  let them in! we are ready.
(a little more reliable then the current "stay open" feature)

prosthetic animal leg
food? steel? nope new legs for Vlad.
sometimes we get fare to attached....

visitor spot.
kinda like the Marriage spot and the party spot.
a spot visitors gather at.  since the "home" area sometimes get a little bit confusing...
"Honny? your mother is here... no she does not want to see our new Uranium table... shes staying over at that turret spot we used ages ago.."

Repne

Why settlers do not use backpacks?
Why settlers do not use wheelbarrows?
Why dont use the fridges?
Strange..

Future, space ships and things transfered by the hands))

Ace_livion

got another idea.

use comm consoles to "sell back" prisoners.
unlike when you just sell them of like slaves there wont be a penalty in mood.
but there might be a penalty on how much the faction like you after that.

different prices depending on prisoner faction status.
Mercenary (wont buy)
archer/worrier (cheap)
grenade/other tittle (medium)
Boss (huge)

Standoff event
two hostile factions start fighting at your area.
i already had it happen one time when i saved a refugee and got a normal raid at the same time.
gotta love random.
it can also be something like a rare double raid. so ether its a blessing where they fight each other leaving lots of loot. or your in for a rough time

hwfanatic

Make the pawns evaluate how much time they have until going to bed before setting out on a very long trip.

Stryker

Hair underneath helmets by assigning hair to a different layer than helmets so that the helmet is like a picture being placed over another picture (hair).
If you don't like it maybe it can be a setting?

DNK

Worldgen terrain type: urban wasteland.

Basically just a spawn with a high multiplier for ruins/shrines.

Ace_livion

Turrets attack predators that are trying to eat your pets...

and let your predators animals only target boom rats in case of no smaller critter / food on map.
since all my baby animals die burning after trying to eat a boomrat...

Vaporisor

Oh, one that has gotten a couple of my colonists killed.  Need a notice or setting for when a wild predator is hanging out around a colonist and have them avoid or notice if is aggressive.  I watched as a bear walked right up to my guy doing a field and proceeded to just hang out around him.  Nom nom nom a minute later. 

Can we get the red ! for predators setting.  So have keep away from hostile, ignore hostile, attack hostile.  Lets go one step more for and have keep away from all dangerous so they auto walk away from any predator getting near.  If predator chasing, get a notice then?

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

monkofmimmir

Could you add hemochromatosis ( http://www.hemochromatosis.org/#overview ) as a genetic condition to the game. Its one of them most common genetic conditions but its massively under diagnosed condition and kills people if not treated it could really use some more public awareness.

The nature of the condition would also make a really interesting game mechanic as the treatment is being regularly bled, failure to do so can lead to all sorts of problems but most notably heart attacks. Linking treatment of it to blood loss would make it a very unique illness in Rimworld.

Nictis

I personally would like it if repairing something that broke down was optional. I recently found that my colonist decided to repair a cooler in the middle of winter, and now I'm out of components.  :-\

mojo-jojo

Have an option to reverse the middle mouse button scroll. At the moment its drag up to scroll down (I think it's like this in lol too) but then web browsers have it drag down to scroll down.