Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnhandyPilot74

You should add windows

firescythe

If hunting colonist just finished the hunt task and would go to sleep, he/she should haul (if able) the body and take it to the stockpile right before going to sleep (example condition: if no hauler reserved the body for the task). Now it is just left wherever it has hit the ground to spoil, until an available hauler takes it or I prioritize every time.

giannikampa

While assigning area order, to have a button to switch between default rectangular dawing and.. CIRCULAR AREA ORDERS!

rooms/perimeter walls, stockpiles, mining, (un)roofing, flooring, hunting, hauling, all you can draw.

You click and drag one side: a circular area order is given, it has the center where you first click and radius the distance to relase click position.

And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Kerobeross

There is a few ideas that I think could be implementable without breaking balance, these ideas are covered by mods already but a vanilla version would make sense:

- Mending= A way to repair damaged items (weapons, apparel, armors)
- Scar healing= It is inconceivable at the golden era of space travel that you can't fix a puny scar on your torso via surgery of special medicine.

These next ideas here may not be covered by mods but again make sense in a survival game:

- Water mechanic=Thirst, pipe systems, sewers, water extraction/recycling.
- Water based furniture= Toilets, bathtubs, showers, sinks as hygiene should be a decisive factor in the game(immunity gain speed, chances of diseases)

These last ideas are a few ideas about clothing and cloth:

- The Synthread/Hyperweave production= basically what is says, the possibility of manufacturing those two high end cloth types with an appropriate high cost.
- Cloth/Leather type selection in Outfit menu= For those like me who like to have uniform clothing amongst your colonists.

Repne

Animal excrement should fertilize the soil for crops (elephants, horses, pigs)

Karico

-assign a sleeping spot to pets
-manually rename your pets

Ace_livion

among the set appeal, the set what cloth your colonists gonna were.
i like to see a "set all" button.
a way to quickly set all your colonist to "battle ready" picking up their armor and helmets
and east change back to "work cloth"
the whole individual changing is great but also a bid tiring.

or perhaps something i the alley of a danger button that allows all colonists to priority picking up armor. and telling them to haul them ageing once its unchecked

christianmc1101

I want to say: "Produce X a day"
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Justas love

Quote from: christianmc1101 on May 04, 2016, 03:50:21 AM
I want to say: "Produce X a day"
OOOOOOH MY GOD, PLEASE TYNAN, PLEASEEEE

CabbageFoot

Just though of it, since there are a variety of weapons in the melee and shooting categories why not add a trait which makes a colonist prefer a specific type of weapon. They could all be under the same trait but the trait itself rolls a dice to see what kind of weapon the person prefers. ex: swords, maces, sniper rifles, rocket launchers, grenades. This trait could give the colonist a slow passive training while the colonist is "relaxing" because they are really enthusiastic to learn about the weapon and gain a small mood boost when it's equipped. On the flip side they take a mood hit if they don't have it equipped, and if they interact negatively with other colonists while having it equipped there is a higher chance of a social fight to occur because they were probably insulting their skill at using the weapon or quality of it (higher chance if low quality weapon?);b

wbonxx

LACK OF OXYGEN.

Colonists start feeling that oxygens is getting lower - air is getting poisoned.
8h after they can be alive only inside the colony.

There could be a special helmet to go outside. there could be filters that have to be changed to have the air breathable inside.

Holes in the walls represent leaks. Oxygen can be treated like warmness.
Opening of the door makes it go lower. There could be an oxygen producer.

I think could be fun to have to deal with staying only inside. Not under a roof like in the case of toxic rain.

bamboomrat

tranquilliser gun or bow with poisened arrows  - doesn't kill enemy/animal, makes them sleep (or super tired), only works on short distance

smoking - just like beer but with tobacco or herbs that you have to grow and turn into cigarettes for smoking. Herbs cigarettes make you happy, but also veeery hungry (and sleepy), tobacco cigarettes give chance of lung disease if smoked too much.

option to temporarily turn off tame animals following you into fight - "stay". sometimes I want my dogs to stay at home, because an enemy is too dangerous

jtnoel

Mounted animals that don't break the game?

Tie usefulness of riding an animal would be tied to Handling skill. Pawn mounts an animal... they move at the animals max speed*(H. Skill/20). Pawns with low Handling (ie don't know what they are doing) would actually move slower if they mount an animal. Shooting would be worse when mounted by the same factor Normal % to hit*(H. Skill/20). So shooting a gun off a horses back is a bad idea if you don't know what you are doing so you need high shooting AND handling to be able to hit anything. Melee would not have as bad a penalty and you add the animals melee attacks. Both would have a penalty dependent on handling skill. Mounted animals would only be useful for moving fast, melee/shooting, and hauling. They dismount when they start other tasks. A mounted pawn should be able to haul more per trip as an advantage to riding (maybe 150 units/load).  Only animals above a certain size/intelligence can be trained up in riding (like they are for hauling) and maybe you need 10-12 trainings to make it an investment in the animal. Wildness slows down the speed of training so you aren't riding a rhino after a few days.

The possibilities are quite fun I think... beasts of burden, flash raids of tribal horsemen (Mongols on Rimworld!) - better get away fast!, a way to help that pawn with 2 peg legs become useful again w/o bionic legs, breeding herds for riding animals, Viking bear riders.

king komodo

Quote from: jtnoel on May 05, 2016, 06:13:06 PM
Mounted animals that don't break the game?

Tie usefulness of riding an animal would be tied to Handling skill. Pawn mounts an animal... they move at the animals max speed*(H. Skill/20). Pawns with low Handling (ie don't know what they are doing) would actually move slower if they mount an animal. Shooting would be worse when mounted by the same factor Normal % to hit*(H. Skill/20). So shooting a gun off a horses back is a bad idea if you don't know what you are doing so you need high shooting AND handling to be able to hit anything. Melee would not have as bad a penalty and you add the animals melee attacks. Both would have a penalty dependent on handling skill. Mounted animals would only be useful for moving fast, melee/shooting, and hauling. They dismount when they start other tasks. A mounted pawn should be able to haul more per trip as an advantage to riding (maybe 150 units/load).  Only animals above a certain size/intelligence can be trained up in riding (like they are for hauling) and maybe you need 10-12 trainings to make it an investment in the animal. Wildness slows down the speed of training so you aren't riding a rhino after a few days.

The possibilities are quite fun I think... beasts of burden, flash raids of tribal horsemen (Mongols on Rimworld!) - better get away fast!, a way to help that pawn with 2 peg legs become useful again w/o bionic legs, breeding herds for riding animals, Viking bear riders.

YES!!! Especially with the viking bear raiders. Much better than the moose or elk riding ones.

b0rsuk

Remove 'Jealous', keep 'Greedy'.

'Jealous' colonists are trivial to satisfy: just give them a room 1 tile bigger or with 1 more tile of stone floor. It has no interesting effect in practice. The exception is when another colonist is Greedy. Then both must have actually good rooms.

But the net effect is the same as if both colonists were Greedy. You may as well remove the 'Jealous' trait from the game. I feel sorry for suggesting it in the first place.