Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alviss

So this is infinitesimally irrelevant, but something I'd really like to see is more variety between the rock types. I know that currently Granite is a bit sturdier and Marble/Limestone gives slight bonuses to beauty, etc, but beyond that. For example, Limestone actually has a surprisingly high calcium content, and is generally a lot softer than other rocks (lower hp) but is very resistant to fracturing by electricity or heat, making it used often in steel alloys and ceramics (maybe represented in a creation option, or resistance to energy weapons). Maybe make Marble's beauty bonus a bit higher. Generally, just make the rock type matter a bit more.

fbagocius

Manhunters, who seek human flesh, should eat fresh human corpses, which are made of human flesh. Currently, manhunters run past corpses to find colonists to turn into corpses to eat.

CannibarRechter

Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 15, 2016, 03:32:36 PM
Quote from: b0rsuk on August 15, 2016, 10:27:33 AM
New auto-generated zone, similarly to Home Zone. It would be Indoor Zone.

YES PLEASE.

Seriously!
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

ttc

When an infestation event occurs that includes multiple infestations at the same time, please send an envelope for each location that hives have appeared.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: ttc on August 16, 2016, 08:04:00 AM
When an infestation event occurs that includes multiple infestations at the same time, please send an envelope for each location that hives have appeared.

Yes, and mention the Number of Hives in the post :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skinicism

Steam-like acid marshes with damage modifiers from marching through them and obsidian barrels are my ideas.

b0rsuk

New implant: self-destruction device.
When a person with this stuff is very seriously wounded, he/she EXPLODES like a mortar shell.

Aside from the obvious use - raiders - some colonist backgrounds would (random chance) come with this pre-installed. Mafia mobsters, special forces, cannon fodder, pit fighters, convicts...

SpaceDorf

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 16, 2016, 04:34:41 PM
New implant: self-destruction device.
When a person with this stuff is very seriously wounded, he/she EXPLODES like a mortar shell.

Aside from the obvious use - raiders - some colonist backgrounds would (random chance) come with this pre-installed. Mafia mobsters, special forces, cannon fodder, pit fighters, convicts...

Sounds Messy, I like it.

Zalzany

Probably already said but a timer on corpses for harvesting. give them like 1 hour in game time to take a heart or what ever from a raider, maybe do quality system so it lessor then ones you take from a live one. I know I saw harvest bionics from corpses already. Also not sure if its i nthe works I know there is a mod but I don't think I need a mod to cover staples but a bionic spine of some sort for when you got a crippled colonists I had one once nothing I could do for her, even take a bad quality one that damages her productivity, as long as it was vanilla and not a mod. So sick of mods being the answer for every thing, this is alpha mods should work their way into the vanilla system other wise moders will call dibs a lot of staples for the game...

Lightzy

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24212.0

Cheap idea. Almost no work at all. Saving a lot of annoying and unnecessary spreadsheet work for the player.

blub01

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 15, 2016, 10:27:33 AM
New auto-generated zone, similarly to Home Zone. It would be Indoor Zone.

and maybe slightly alter colonist ai to make them go to it automatically if they have toxic buildup above a certain level, and stay inside until it's below a safe one.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Sanaart

I would love the following (I believe all are cheap but would require an art asset):
- END TABLES. Tables that are 1 tile wide. Prisoners can eat off of them if they have a chair or possibly from their bed.
- couches. Like chairs but multiple tiles wide.
- animal graves and sarcophagus. Please let me bury my friends!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Sanaart on August 18, 2016, 08:45:18 AM
I would love the following (I believe all are cheap but would require an art asset):
- END TABLES. Tables that are 1 tile wide. Prisoners can eat off of them if they have a chair or possibly from their bed.
- couches. Like chairs but multiple tiles wide.
- animal graves and sarcophagus. Please let me bury my friends!

You allready can Bury your pets, you just have to allow it in the graves/sacrophagus options
And you should disable the Type of your pet on the Butchers Table :D

for your other needs the modular table mod :

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.0

TrashMan

Have body shape independant from backstory.
Or have it changable over time.
Lots of mining and fighting builds up muscle. Starvation causes one to become thinner. Etc...

rafjaw5

I don't plan to look through the whole thread to see if this was already addressed, because it's massive, but i think the sun lamps' wattage usage should be nerfed. Seeing as in the unstable A15 (although i know it's subject to change) the Ground-penetrating scanner is supposedly requiring huge amount of power to run, but i stands at 1500 W which is 100 W short to a sun lamp.