Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: codyjriggle on August 22, 2016, 07:47:29 AM
My cheapest idea is that a pawn should be able to haul something without a destination, and then I can tell them exactly where to drop it.

The reason I need this is because sometimes there are exceptions to my own dumping rules where I need this ability to manually haul items.  One situation is that I want to keep weapons stored in certain places. Sometimes I want to have secondary weapons nearby.

Nice option, but I fear to much has to be rewritten for that.
My two solutions that come to mind :
Micromanage by drafting, Force Equipping, Dropping and Forbidding.
Or one tile stockpiles with critical priority where you allow exactly what you want there to be stored.
If its outside and you are worried about decay use a equipment rack instead.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

codyjriggle

A job queue should be implemented.

It would be nice to tell a guy "Mine these 5 blocks" without having to change his work priority entirely.

SpaceDorf

A size counter for zones and stockpiles .. I often wonder how big my homezone is :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kindyj

I'm Legally Blind, I'd like To "See" An option to make things easier to see, Bigger Text, More Contrast, Easier to find Steel in the Mountains, Easier to See pawns at Heights via their name. Just bigger everything would be helpful. Shouldn't be Too Pricey To Do That.

lowdegger

lowdegger

Quote from: codyjriggle on August 22, 2016, 09:16:12 AM
I would like to see the AI updated so that raiders will walk through open doors instead of attacking them.  This would make traps a viable option.  Nothing would be more satisfying than leaving my heating duct "unprotected" and then closing some doors, flipping some switches, and having a viable heat trap.

This. Raiders and hostile animals should be able to walk through an open door, surely?

MikeLemmer

I would like a view (similar to the Show Roofs option in A15) that highlights all items & animals in bright green to help me find stuff scattered across the map.

makkenhoff

Quote from: lowdegger on August 22, 2016, 01:31:24 PM
Quote from: codyjriggle on August 22, 2016, 09:16:12 AM
I would like to see the AI updated so that raiders will walk through open doors instead of attacking them.  This would make traps a viable option.  Nothing would be more satisfying than leaving my heating duct "unprotected" and then closing some doors, flipping some switches, and having a viable heat trap.

This. Raiders and hostile animals should be able to walk through an open door, surely?
Not to go too off-topic, but as I understand it, it used to be you could lock doors. It was decided it was not a good game balance, and was changed into the format you see now. I like to think of them as locked doors, with colonists knowing the 'trick' to opening the door.

--

I'd like a faster way to forbid and unforbid items, I'm talking drag a box.

CannibarRechter

> I like to think of them as locked doors, with colonists knowing the 'trick' to opening the door.

They have the keys. ;-P
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

mumblemumble

Blooper grenade launcher. Slower than grenades to reload, but much more range / direct explosion effect on impact with a grenade size blast.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

codyjriggle

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 22, 2016, 10:15:31 AM
Quote from: codyjriggle on August 22, 2016, 07:47:29 AM
My cheapest idea is that a pawn should be able to haul something without a destination, and then I can tell them exactly where to drop it.

The reason I need this is because sometimes there are exceptions to my own dumping rules where I need this ability to manually haul items.  One situation is that I want to keep weapons stored in certain places. Sometimes I want to have secondary weapons nearby.

Nice option, but I fear to much has to be rewritten for that.
My two solutions that come to mind :
Micromanage by drafting, Force Equipping, Dropping and Forbidding.
Or one tile stockpiles with critical priority where you allow exactly what you want there to be stored.
If its outside and you are worried about decay use a equipment rack instead.

Thank you for the helpful suggestion.

Your solution works for things that can be equipped, but not for everything.

It wouldn't require much rewriting.  A new "add to inventory" option when I right-click on a dropped item (let's suppose pawns have an inventory of 1-2 items) and then I can draft them, send them where I want and drop the item.  It's exactly what you're suggesting except I want to do it with any item instead of just weapons/apparel.

codyjriggle

*Sorry for posting 100 things but I just got the game so I'm throwing out every thought I have

I have an imprisoned pawn who has gone berserk and is punching his way through a steel door even as I repair it 10 times over.  Should people really be able to punch through steel walls?  It would make more sense for him to mangle his hands in the process or just hang himself in his room.

codyjriggle

Mood buffs/debuffs should have a linear decay as this is more realistic.

codyjriggle

It would be nice to have the ability to repair clothing and weapons provided I have the correct materials

blub01

Quote from: codyjriggle on August 23, 2016, 04:27:10 AM
It would be nice to have the ability to repair clothing and weapons provided I have the correct materials

but it shouldn't work forever. like, a piece of clothing lasts, say, a year on its own, and a decade if it's being repaired regularly, but at some point it's just impossible to patch it up again. sure, not quite as cheap as infinitely repairing it in terms of development time, but then again, not that difficult, either.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.