Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

A small one for working behavior.

Proximity to a job should overwrite/remove claims from other pawns.

Example : 5 pieces of wall get constructed on the far end of the map. 3 pieces are claimed to deconstruct and the pawns start waddling across the map.

Dave gets here first, starts deconstructing, he finishes one and claims the next one.
The other two claimed constructors get here and start deconstructing
Meanwhile Steve finishes constructing the Geothermal Reactor on the other end of the map and claims the last piece of wall to be deconstructed.

As of Now :
After deconstructing, the 3 pawns leave, with luck they take some parts of the walls with them.
Steve may reach the wall before dark, or he gets hungry and also goes home.

My suggestion :
Dave finishes his work looks at the wall "Yo guys who is doing this ? .. No way .. I am here I do it "
Steve gets thrown from the job and can go home early. The job gets done on the same day.
Everybode is happy :)

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

arl85

Just a couple of quick suggestions:

• I think a proper indentation of sub-categories of resources in resource readout (left-side of screen, showing resources) would improve readability.

• make resource readout scrollable

• move hay out of vegetable category (I know there was a mod doing it but having it in vanilla seems reasonable)

• add possibility to enable/disable a storage area
    sometimes I set a storage area with specific filters but I want to enable it only if needed (i.e.: food in prison when I have prisoners).
    Now several possibilities exist:

• delete it and recreate when needed
    • allow no resources when not needed and enable wanted resources again when needed
    • set it to low priority - still resources will be moved when other storage areas are full
    Would be nice if I could keep settings of a storage area but temporary disable it.
    It could be implemented as a toggle (on/off) or as an "OFF" priority

DariusWolfe

Quotemove hay out of vegetable category

While you're at it, move kibble out of the meal category. I haven't played with beer, but seeing it in the meal category also annoys me; Chocolate I'm on the fence with, because I haven't had it often enough to know if it should count as a meal.

Sanaart

I see these options as meals in game, so I can't imagine it would be too hard to add these traits? I could be wrong though and feel free to smack me if so:

Vegan - Colonist prefers to eat meals containing no animal
products, and will get a strong mood debuff they are forced to eat a meal with it.

Vegetarian - Colonist prefers to eat meals containing no meat and will get a mood debuff if they are forced to eat a meal with meat (but not as much as the vegan)

"Forced to" in this situation is that I imagine that the colonist will always prioritize eating a vegan/vegetarian meal unless none are available and they are starving.

And then:

Hearty Eater - Colonist is not picky and enjoys eating anything, and will not get any mood debuffs for eating raw food and such. But they will still get food poisoning and such if they eat contaminated food.

Wex

Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 26, 2016, 11:57:43 AM
Quotemove hay out of vegetable category

While you're at it, move kibble out of the meal category. I haven't played with beer, but seeing it in the meal category also annoys me; Chocolate I'm on the fence with, because I haven't had it often enough to know if it should count as a meal.
And maybe move human meat out of meat category.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

TrashMan

Simple armor like kevlar or a helmet should not require components.
Advanced armor? Sure.

Canondeath

Selftreatment at around 1/4 of the medicine skill

FemaleDog

Allow eating meals at a chair without a table at a lesser mood debuff.

trotzke

Keybinding for beauty display/room stat display.

re1wind

Manhunter packs should not make a beeline for the nearest human, instead loitering around the area, eating their normal foods, but the pack will attack humans on sight. Their behaviour when encountering walls and doors should depend on the animal's intelligence and physical size/strength. Elephants, muffallo, rhino, giant sloth, thrombo, and bears could attack nearby objects (walls, furniture, etc.) to where they last saw a human.

Dealing with a manhunter pack could also have some diplomatic effects, like improving your standing with all/most factions for taking out the threat. Might trigger some hostile tribals or pirates to come along and try to steal some of the corpses

m1dyyy

Ores mined by megaspiders should not be allowed to interact by default.
This brings some chaos for colonists mamagement especially when there is big hive and they're constantly trying to get mined-by-megaspiders ore.

buttflexspireling

Acid rain and it's effect on partially disintegrating structures. This, in turn, would require them to be repaired. I figure there would be no change to crops due to the rich volcanic soil of Rimworld.

Thunder Rahja

For all bills, you have the option to select "Drop on floor" or "Take to best stockpile". What I'd really like to see is the option to "Take to nearest stockpile" so that completed items can be dropped in a nearby lower-priority, eligible stockpile to be later moved to a higher priority stockpile. This provides the quick turnaround of dropping the item onto the floor without stuff piling up and blocking doors from closing.

genericoverusedname

Seeing as there are hare variants, could we have a tropical turkey variant?

Phantazmya

I have a couple but I didn't read through the through the thread so they may or may not be redundant.

1. You could make a rudimentary sleeping spot out of wood that is uncomfortable.  The current low tier bed would require cloth/leather to make. 

2.  Add comforters as an item to be made at the sewing station that would be geared to beds.  They can boost comfort, add a bit of warmth while sleeping and give a chance to enhance sleep quality which could boost mood and/or work efficiency.

3. Add an insulated wall option to be researched and would require wool + build material to construct with the effect of the heat exchange between rooms decreasing by x%.

4.  I know there is a mod for this but it would be nice to officially be able to recycle clothing items to reclaim fabric.

5. Hammocks as a joy/rest item.

6.  Additional traits such as Vegetarian (only eats plants), Carnivore (only eats meat), Claustrophobic (doesn't like being inside/won't sleep inside), Monophobia (fear of being alone/must share a bedroom and/or increasingly bad mood when alone for extended periods of time)

7. Water Fountains as a sculpted item requiring a component + building material.  Not only could they add beauty to an area but the sound could give a temporary mood boost to pawns located in a certain radius.

Ok it turned out to be more than a couple.  lol  Hope it helps.  Love your game. Can't wait to see what's next!