Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Thunder1 on August 27, 2016, 11:27:33 PM
For all bills, you have the option to select "Drop on floor" or "Take to best stockpile". What I'd really like to see is the option to "Take to nearest stockpile" so that completed items can be dropped in a nearby lower-priority, eligible stockpile to be later moved to a higher priority stockpile. This provides the quick turnaround of dropping the item onto the floor without stuff piling up and blocking doors from closing.

Agreed. Although personally I haven't found stuff piling up so much the door's jammed open to be a problem.

Barazen

Ok cheap ideas... i think these may be cheap*
Dart board- possibly a reskin of the horseshoes post? Doesnt seem that expensive

Make party/marriage spots invisible outside of architect mode... probably not cheap but not expensive

Religious spots- locations 1×1 like party spots, with toggle to prioritize prayer/ mediation, just so my chapels/ monestaries see a bit more use. Though that might be expensive?

Boomrats/rats/bunnies build nests that they try to stick around, like insect hives work i guess?

Sorry if these are actually expensive, im only familiar with with the Ruby framework of RPGmaker VXace, and i tend to lose track of time fiddling with that haha

Also Tynan? Thank you for the work you do, tgus is the most fun I've had with a game for a long time!
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

ikaros0153

I think it would be nice to travel to other "nodes" of the world, you already generate an entire map, so it shouldn't be that hard to make it so you can travel to all those nodes, then again, what do i know about programming, if you do read this, than thank you  :)

blub01

Quote from: Phantazmya on August 28, 2016, 09:44:41 PM
I have a couple but I didn't read through the through the thread so they may or may not be redundant.

1. You could make a rudimentary sleeping spot out of wood that is uncomfortable.  The current low tier bed would require cloth/leather to make. 

2.  Add comforters as an item to be made at the sewing station that would be geared to beds.  They can boost comfort, add a bit of warmth while sleeping and give a chance to enhance sleep quality which could boost mood and/or work efficiency.

3. Add an insulated wall option to be researched and would require wool + build material to construct with the effect of the heat exchange between rooms decreasing by x%.

4.  I know there is a mod for this but it would be nice to officially be able to recycle clothing items to reclaim fabric.

5. Hammocks as a joy/rest item.

6.  Additional traits such as Vegetarian (only eats plants), Carnivore (only eats meat), Claustrophobic (doesn't like being inside/won't sleep inside), Monophobia (fear of being alone/must share a bedroom and/or increasingly bad mood when alone for extended periods of time)

7. Water Fountains as a sculpted item requiring a component + building material.  Not only could they add beauty to an area but the sound could give a temporary mood boost to pawns located in a certain radius.

Ok it turned out to be more than a couple.  lol  Hope it helps.  Love your game. Can't wait to see what's next!

3. and maybe some kind of high-end insulating material could be used in the lategame.

6. how about some less intense traits? like, only getting a really hard mood hit when eating meat/plants, and prioritizing the preferred food, instead of being completely incapable.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

MikeLemmer

I want to attach a pirate hook to colonists missing an arm for +10% Manipulation.

mumblemumble

make campfires and torches SPOTS that never go away, and instead need to be built / fueled, but if they  expire the spot and bills are not lost, and colonist try to immediately refuel them as soon as possible. This would keep bills from expiring on campfires, and make them less tedious

a tick box for medical care which allows medicine ONLY for open wounds...I hate using medicine on bruises. literally no benefit, wastes medicine.

Adding heatwaves, deaths, smaller events to the history as marked events. one heatwave almost killed my colony, but it not shown in history.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Barazen

Also; more clothes variety for the different eras, like some medieval clothes, or tribal headwear (like muffalo skull helmets, ostrich feather caps aztec/indian style)

Militry fatigues or bandit outfits, crowns? Fancy religious outfits?

Also maybe tweak so factions can appear/disappear? Just like they change leaders?

On that note maybe only allow that notification to pop up when visitors of some description pop up? Or talking with a prisoner?
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

ddblue0

Quote from: ikaros0153 on August 29, 2016, 03:45:33 AM
I think it would be nice to travel to other "nodes" of the world, you already generate an entire map, so it shouldn't be that hard to make it so you can travel to all those nodes

I second this. Currently I am so happy with RimWorld and this is the thing I would like to see added most in the game.

Stormcow187

Hi there,

I am loving the game but in the interest of self sufficiency please add the ability to manufacture bionic body parts rather than forcing me to buy them (or make bionic legs be in stock with anyone!) 

keep up the good work, im really looking forward to getting my dudes hooked on drugs :)

OMan

How about being able to build a Pyre? Just a giant, contained, one-time-use fire you could build with a substantial amount of wood for the purposes of burning corpses and unwanted items such as tattered apparel. This could suit a more neolithic play-through, as well as support the disposal of corpses before crematorium tech and for anyone who doesn't wish to bury/eat their dead.

blub01

Quote from: Stormcow187 on August 30, 2016, 06:19:08 AM
Hi there,

I am loving the game but in the interest of self sufficiency please add the ability to manufacture bionic body parts rather than forcing me to buy them (or make bionic legs be in stock with anyone!) 

keep up the good work, im really looking forward to getting my dudes hooked on drugs :)

It's part of the idea of the game that you DON'T get to make some stuff. you just can't. it would be nice to be have some kind of beacon to attract traders, though, possibly specifying what kind, too. also, maybe some kind of high-tech faction that avoids conflict with the other factions and trades a bit, because trade caravans are much more common than orbital traders, which would have things like bionics in store.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

MikeLemmer

New Minor Incident: Cave-In
The roof collapses on part of an underground base, making rubble and injuring colonists.

Another way to make mountain bases riskier without resorting to a full-blown bug invasion.

blub01

Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 30, 2016, 02:04:56 PM
The roof collapses on part of an underground base, making rubble and injuring colonists.

Another way to make mountain bases riskier without resorting to a full-blown bug invasion.

maybe taking roof stability as a base for calculating the chance of it happening?

delor

Here's a cheap idea: Let wardens arrest berserk people.  It seems silly that, at the moment, you can't really arrest misbehaving people.

It could be a social skill check that requires an empty jail cell.  Possibly, a skill that factors in the average of social + (melee or ranged, depending on what weapon the warden has equipped). 

Succeed, and the target gets sent to jail and spends a few days cooling off as a prisoner.  Fail, and the target can't be talked down for the remainder of the berserk spell.

This would let capable wardens end berserk incidents without risk of injury, while still making berserk a bad thing.  You lose the berserker for the duration of the spell, still, and also have to waste manpower arresting and then feeding the berserker.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: blub01 on August 30, 2016, 03:18:03 PM
Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 30, 2016, 02:04:56 PM

maybe taking roof stability as a base for calculating the chance of it happening?

Eh, I personally think just having it choose the spot randomly will naturally lean towards larger rooms.