Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

Remove the debuff "saw a corpse" when watching corpses of non colonists. Make it appear only if the pawn has been around a corpse for 2 or 4 hours.

I get pawns can live with corpses nearby, I get that pawns care about other pawns and that these should be buried, but they shouldnt go all emo when seeing a dead raider/s who tried to kill you. Or just unkown people like visitors or refugees.

I really want to dump raiders corpses at the entrance of my colony so that attackers see them when coming to visit.

mumblemumble

its not so much they are mourning, so much as death is unsettling. A dead body sitting around and being seen is a bit disturbing, and even if you hate them, seeing it is a bit offputting...and besides the dead bodies aren't as bad a risk as before...just clean up the gore in a burn chamber like I do, and send someone of strong will to burn the bodies.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Alpha393

Quote from: Alenerel on October 29, 2016, 12:19:02 PM
Remove the debuff "saw a corpse" when watching corpses of non colonists. Make it appear only if the pawn has been around a corpse for 2 or 4 hours.

I get pawns can live with corpses nearby, I get that pawns care about other pawns and that these should be buried, but they shouldnt go all emo when seeing a dead raider/s who tried to kill you. Or just unkown people like visitors or refugees.

I really want to dump raiders corpses at the entrance of my colony so that attackers see them when coming to visit.
Just saying: most humans share at least a slight level of empathy towards other humans. It's (part of) why we have international laws against torturing people willy nilly.

On that note, we need the option to build heads on sticks.

Alenerel

I just said to put a timer on it. As i said, watching an enemy corpse 24 hours a day is probably disturbing, but not watching the boneyard you are building with their corpses far from your base, when pawns only see it when they go to throw more corpses.

Knowledge is power, and raiders NEED to know what is going to happen to them.

Quote from: Alphanoob393 on October 29, 2016, 12:40:49 PM
Just saying: most humans share at least a slight level of empathy towards other humans. It's (part of) why we have international laws against torturing people willy nilly.

That empathy tho

Rock5

Quote from: Alphanoob393 on October 29, 2016, 12:40:49 PM

Made me laugh.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Barazen

I support the idea of more pirate like stuff... who said we were good guys? Even if just deco for now (psycopaths get beauty buff from it norms get debuff?)
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

arl85

simple idea:
add a "forbid" toggle on research benches, to temporary stop reasearch without changing work priorities or other workaround

Alenerel

Add a new item "glasses" that help with cataracts. (Reduce vision penalty from -35% to something like 15-20% per eye)

Add a new "weapon", a crane, that helps reduce the penalty for having a bad back. Reduce move penalty of bad/frail back from -30% to -10%. Since its a weapon, the pawn cannot wield any other weapon while using this. It could be used to reduce other penalty things, like having the legs damaged or having peg legs.

Show additionally all move speeds in terms of percentage. For example, if 4.2 is the usual for pawns, it is 100%. A fast walker should be like 110%. I mean, with all diseases, injuries, etc often is difficult to know how fast is he actually is in total from the value.

mumblemumble

Quote from: Alenerel on October 30, 2016, 06:42:16 AM
Add a new item "glasses" that help with cataracts. (Reduce vision penalty from -35% to something like 15-20% per eye)

Add a new "weapon", a crane, that helps reduce the penalty for having a bad back. Reduce move penalty of bad/frail back from -30% to -10%. Since its a weapon, the pawn cannot wield any other weapon while using this. It could be used to reduce other penalty things, like having the legs damaged or having peg legs.

Show additionally all move speeds in terms of percentage. For example, if 4.2 is the usual for pawns, it is 100%. A fast walker should be like 110%. I mean, with all diseases, injuries, etc often is difficult to know how fast is he actually is in total from the value.
Cataracts dont really work that way, its not because the eyes cannot focus or zoom like near / farsighted, its the eye literally becoming cloudy and hard to see through.

I like the idea of canes though..beating a raider with an old lady cane.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Alenerel

Quote from: mumblemumble on October 30, 2016, 07:39:51 AM
Cataracts dont really work that way, its not because the eyes cannot focus or zoom like near / farsighted, its the eye literally becoming cloudy and hard to see through.

I like the idea of canes though..beating a raider with an old lady cane.

I know, its cause some gelatin covering the eye. There is a surgery that removes that gelatin completely and lets you see like first day. Maybe add this instead of glasses? Idk which would be better for balance reasons.

mumblemumble

Planting grass seeds... so we can put grass into court yards  or other areas.

-----

mabor0shi

Quote from: mumblemumble on October 31, 2016, 12:20:06 AM
sounds like a perfect idea for this thread. it's just one tiny change, won't affect balance, and you know players want it because there's mods for it. It's barely any different from dandelions (i just checked the XMLs & they are nearly identical) other than how it looks, so what could it hurt? Some of us don't want flowers all over.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Alenerel

Add a burned effect to the ground where a mortar/grenade/rocket has impacted. This makes easier to know what you are missing.

Mkok

Add colonists "log" to their corpses (or their memorial). Every time, my colonists dies, I want to see what all he did while alive, how many enemies he killed, how many hours he spend sleeping, etc. but the moment they die their "log" is deleted.

Rock5

Quote from: mumblemumble on October 31, 2016, 12:20:06 AM
Yes! And I'm not talking about just another domestic plant, I want to be able to harvest wild grass seeds and replant them elsewhere. And I want them to spread like the wild ones do. Then I can finally re-grass that barren walled off area.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport