Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

An 1x1 and 2x1 tables.

It should be possible than placing tables one next to another, not matter the size, they looked as one table without joints.

Alenerel

Make the air conditioner and vent to be embedded in the wall so it looks nicer. Just got the idea from this mod, but it requires CCL...

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Alphanoob393 on October 29, 2016, 12:40:49 PM
Quote from: Alenerel on October 29, 2016, 12:19:02 PM
Remove the debuff "saw a corpse" when watching corpses of non colonists. Make it appear only if the pawn has been around a corpse for 2 or 4 hours.

I get pawns can live with corpses nearby, I get that pawns care about other pawns and that these should be buried, but they shouldnt go all emo when seeing a dead raider/s who tried to kill you. Or just unkown people like visitors or refugees.

I really want to dump raiders corpses at the entrance of my colony so that attackers see them when coming to visit.
Just saying: most humans share at least a slight level of empathy towards other humans. It's (part of) why we have international laws against torturing people willy nilly.

On that note, we need the option to build heads on sticks.
Personally I would be more disturbed by the sight of dead bodies; bloody, cut open, sitting in a pool of urine and feces...
F*ck empathy, it's visually disturbing. And believe me, you do *not* want to know what it smells like. As someone who attended an autopsy (of a relatively well-kept body) I can tell you, it sure doesn't smell like roses.

Speaking of autopsy, I'd love it if
1] pawns with higher medicine skill would suffer reduced penalty from seeing dead bodies and
2] pawns could practice on dead bodies to improve on their medicine skill.

JimmyAgnt007

Tynan mentioned something about 'Reverse Aging' on his twitter and talked about how he'd need a 3rd age category to do it. 

What if you could just alter the age categories themselves.  As in, if someone starts developing age related conditions at 60 years old, move it to 63 years instead.  So they remain the same age, but simply dont have to deal with being 'old' for a bit longer.  If someone is 35 then its not really going to matter if they are suddenly 3 biological years younger.

The only issue I see is someone on the edge.  Age 14 who would suddenly become a child (if and when thats a thing) and someone whos already aged up to an old person getting pushed back under the old age range. 

But this all assumes age works this way and can be individually modified.

Rock5

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on November 08, 2016, 06:14:25 AM
1] pawns with higher medicine skill would suffer reduced penalty from seeing dead bodies and
Good point.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

jmababa

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on November 08, 2016, 09:32:52 AM
Tynan mentioned something about 'Reverse Aging' on his twitter and talked about how he'd need a 3rd age category to do it. 

What if you could just alter the age categories themselves.  As in, if someone starts developing age related conditions at 60 years old, move it to 63 years instead.  So they remain the same age, but simply dont have to deal with being 'old' for a bit longer.  If someone is 35 then its not really going to matter if they are suddenly 3 biological years younger.

The only issue I see is someone on the edge.  Age 14 who would suddenly become a child (if and when thats a thing) and someone whos already aged up to an old person getting pushed back under the old age range. 

yeah if suddenly a adult becomes child then he takes another one for a few days he becomes a baby haha thus rendering him usless to comunity

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: jmababa on November 09, 2016, 06:56:22 AM
Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on November 08, 2016, 09:32:52 AM

yeah if suddenly a adult becomes child then he takes another one for a few days he becomes a baby haha thus rendering him usless to comunity

There could be a saturation limit, as in, only so much of the chemical can be absorbed at once.  That being said, it would be very funny.  Use it on a newborn?  Or maybe it simply doesnt work on children for some techno babble reason.

JimmyAgnt007

Separate from my previous post.

Id like to see a portion of breakdowns not needing components to get working again.  You dont need new parts every time something breaks.

Anyone know what file to edit to stop them entirely?  Its not an event you can disable normally.

greggbert

The "former profession" names are Prominent and annoying.  Remove them, or allow the user to edit them.

One of the largest and most prominent pieces of text on the colonist and work screens is the "former profession" names like Refugee or Cook.  Because of the randomness of the game and the unique needs of each playthrough, 95% of the time, this former profession name has nothing to do with the actual role/profession that the player wants the colonist to perform and simply causes confusion and frustration.  Nobody wants to see "Yolanda, Cook", when you already have two cooks and neither of them are Yolanda, who is actually an artist.  Nobody wants to see Joseph, Soldier when Joseph has a shooting skill of 0 and will not perform violence.

Suggestion:  Allow the user to edit the profession names just like they can edit the nicknames, or move them to a less prominent part of the character and work screens.  Maybe create a "History" or "backstory" at the bottom of the the colonist where his former profession is mentioned, but not on the colonist cards/tabs that appear every time you click the colonist and not on the work screen.

DirectorBright

More furniture, like couches, coffee tables, bookshelves, which improve the impressiveness and beauty of the room via a means other than covering it in tons of sculptures.

Engraving murals on walls, improves room beauty and impressiveness.

Generally more means to improve the 'impressiveness' of rooms than just covering it in sculptures.
Healer got his legs torn off by hellspawn today, bugs exploded from someones floor, and its been a toxic fallout nuclear winter for the past week. Then a solar flare hit.
Such is life in the rimworld.

Moxi

Only played 26 hours of rimworld but I feel that a few features could be handy (excuse me if they're already in the game).

1. Prioritizing Button
i.e. you want to haul a thing, but instead of selecting a specific person to it, you just mark the item to be 'Hauled' and "Prioritizing", so every person with hauling as a skill will now prioritizing to haul it (does this make sense?). Same goes for construction, mining i.e. - I often mix up who has which skill and who won't do what. A twist to it could be, so it only would be prioritized if any of the workers with the skill are awake (so it wouldn't dispute their sleep)

2. Circuit Viewer
Pretty much the same as in Prison Architect, where you have the ability to just view circuits and then mass cancel/build. Surely I can't be the only one missing this feature?

3. Coffee / Tea
Everyone knows that coffee helps them work. Should build up as a slowly addiction and once they are hooked on it, they get very cranky during withdraws. Tea: claming + no addiction.

4. If building a wall and one of the walls are in a corner, the workers will always begin with that to avoid having a empty space there (am I the only one who gets annoyed by that??)

ruddthree

Quote from: Moxi on November 10, 2016, 05:47:41 AM
1. Prioritizing Button
i.e. you want to haul a thing, but instead of selecting a specific person to it, you just mark the item to be 'Hauled' and "Prioritizing", so every person with hauling as a skill will now prioritizing to haul it

This is already in the game somewhat. Look in the "Orders" tab. You can't prioritize everything, like construction for example, but most things you can.

Your fourth point can be fixed with a bit of micromanaging.

mumblemumble

Add soundtrack to steam to buy... Seriously there is a swanky soundtrack

Remove "target laying down"  effects of rodents (rodents laying down is the same size)

Add in moving target aim modifier.  I find it funny  running behind sand bags makes you easier to hit than STANDING behind.

Add hit boxes for genitals,  damage effects / disables loving.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

JimmyAgnt007

A dev tool to remove health issues

Quick and easy way to locate the exact center of the map.

asquirrel

Enable and disable all mods in one click.  Space bar and arrow keys to selct mods you want to enable or disable instead of having to click on every one you want to enable or disable.

A way to search for mod with a search dialogue box. Or alphabetize but still keep load priority.

Some way to fix friendly fire incidents.  I hate having my colonists run inadvertently run across the field of fire and get hit with friendly fire (humans or turrets).

A barricade pawns can shoot over that they or the enemy can't pass through.

Having turrets auto target angry animals.

Change pathing of pawns so they don't get trapped inside rock structures that I'm sealing up (i.e I build a thick wall and the pawn gets stuck in between the wall.  I have to deconstruct the wall to get him out).

Fix temperature of places that should be the temperature of the room.  (i.e. I seal a room and put an air conditioner or heater in there.  The temperature doesn't go up or down).

Vary locations of insect spawning in caves. Don't just make them spawn in spots where there are rooms.  Have them spawn inside rocks and they dig out for a  surprise. :)