Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

add ability to force colonists to melee other colonists, because reasons...current you can force shots, not melee
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

asquirrel

Ability to stop pawns from automatically grabbing shields when they are using ranged weapons.  I always get at least one guy who grabs a shield with a gun.  Then I have him drop the shield.  Then if there's another shield available (or I unforbid it), he'll go back and grab the shield again, clutching his gun. 

Alenerel

When showing roofs overlay, display the thick mountain roof as a darker green.

Thyme

Had the idea of a new joy activity: People distract their lovers off their work to nuzzle them for joy and a positive mood effect.

PS:
Quote from: asquirrel on November 15, 2016, 02:50:20 PM
[...]
A way to check power draw from an item at a glance.  A way to check total output.  I could be missing a way to do it.   If I am please let me know. :)
Do you mean to click any power related building and looking at the current output, net output/draw and stored energy?

Quote from: asquirrel on November 15, 2016, 10:34:08 PM
Ability to stop pawns from automatically grabbing shields when they are using ranged weapons. [...]
Make a clothing set for your ranged guys and forbid shields.

Edit: Just had the idea to utilise the hp & quality bar in the apparel crafting bill. It makes no difference if leather has full hp or just 1%, and no quality. Why not make it apply to the crafted item? So that it counts stocked items towards the "craft untill you have" only when they fulfill the criteria (e.g. >50% hp and quality > normal).
Same could work for the material selection, to only count Dusters that are made of the allowed materials (so i can sell that Devilstrand Duster the pirate just dropped without my crafter stopping to make one out of Alpaca wool)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Alenerel

Make animals a bit less incredibly stupid by:
- When its cold and they are allowed in a warm area, stay in the warm area. OMG seriously...
- If there is combat nearby, animals should flee, unless told otherwise like releasing. Maybe not aggressive animals like bears/wolves/doges,b ut definitely chicken, pigs, cows, etc.

Alenerel

Add a link on the steam discussions to this forum

New type of sub biome: destroyed city/settlement
Its one of the already existing biomes but it contains a lot of destroyed buildings, with chunks of roofs and chunks of roads that connect them. Maybe chunks of walls too simulating a "wall defense".

I understand that this kind of scenario would be very easy, but it would also be interesting. The number of these cities/settlements would be around 5-6 per map and they can be anywhere (desert, temperate, tundra, etc).

This could also include mined bases with half destroyed rooms/corridos and chunks of roof fallen.

Thyme

I think Tynan's ahead of you. Have you seen the A16 preview pics? Houses, Skulls, Tipis scattered across the planet. Lots of them. And a settle button. Guess we just have to wait it out!
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Scharamantis

Hello, first of all, its all just ideas and finds of newcomer to the game. You are doing great job and I really enjoy the game.

Water - people are not drinking anything except beer, as it is more important for life, makes more sense to fix it up

Wine - would be great to have it in game, its not much different from beer production

Material conductivity - while having possibility to build different kind of walls, it would make sense to have some of the materials keeping more heat or cold then others.

Toilets? Showers? Hygiene?

Prisoners - interrogation regarding enemy camp position? forced labor? ancient secrets? breaking the will of the prisoners and make them regular slaves? rape for joy boost? special nutrition programs for selected prisoners? would be awesome!

Fence - for animal handling

2nd Floor/Cave layer? - would be interesting to think about idea to have 2 extra layers of map

Childrens - says it all

Enemy camps raids

Mass grave

Balancing - some animals are acting very unlikely and doing damage which doesn't make sense, for example a turtle took down my machine tower .)) Also tamed animal is often going to pick up all the bullets between the fight, which is annoying, if the pet is trained, it should be possible to send him to safe place

Training - possibility of education between colonist (rare trait)

+really annoying verification system in the forum

As I am not yet in the current state endgame, I will post again, if something will come to my mind :-)
Cheers.

sulusdacor

an option in the modlist menu to move the selected mod to the top/bottom (or like 10 places up/down if thats easier to do).

if your using a lot of mods and need some specific load order for some, its a pain to move them around. and with steam mods its not really an option to do this via xml editing, since it just shows the numbers in the mod config.

Saebra

PLEASE Add another dog type "Beagle"

I love beagles they're my favorite dog. My beagle is my kid haha. they're hounds good for sniffing and hunting! better than Yorkie terriers for sure!

asquirrel

A way to allow or disallow something in your stockpile by sub category.  For example, I type in leather in the search box.  All the leather in the game comes up.  If I click on forbid all it forbids every single item in the game, not just the leather.  Make forbid and allow category specific based on my search.

newcadence

Vaccinations, expensive due to the distance between Rimworlds and more advanced worlds, which offer long-term disease resistance. In game mechanic terms perhaps 2 seasons worth? They can be scheduled like drugs.

Also I learned about the effects of smallpox today and I think it would make a cool addition because it's a horrifying disease.

Could vaccinations be modded in? Yeah...

Spdskatr

I don't know if this has been said before but
Decrease the chance of internal fights happening! It drives me to...
Seriously, a person can't be that abrasive as to insult someone at least twice a day. The worst thing about it is that sometimes they even punch each other to death!
RIP my precious settlers

Edit: I installed the expanded prosthetics mod. Now that guy has a silent jaw. ;D
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Armored Stone

- A way to prioritize work stations before other ones. So we can do things like prepare fine meals before we make the rest of our meat into pemmican.

- Be able to select what materials of items you want in a certain stockpile, or in a crafting station (so you can sell clothes made from devilstrand, hyperweave, and synthread instead of breaking it down)

- A work station that lets you repair armor and weapons for a cheaper cost than making new ones.

- Let us have more control over what our colonists prioritize. A 1-9 instead of the current 1-4 on the job priority list would be extremely helpful. Maybe even be able to open an advanced tab where you can change EVERYTHING they prioritize.

- A new event where an ally gives you an alert 3 days in advance that they spotted a "Large Army" approaching your settlement. If you don't have allies, this could be a devastating surprise :)

gchristopher

A an additional UI toggle: Highlight Ready to Harvest : turns on/off a transparent overlay (like the visibility of zones zones toggle) that highlights wild plants/trees that are "Ready to Harvest".

This could save new colonies a lot of time clicking on raspberry bushes and trees to see if they're ready yet, and maybe give established colonies a visual indicator of whether harvesting is falling behind?