Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daew Notloc

Prisoner meal designation.

Ex.
Have my prisoners designated to only eat pemmican, other than having my colonists feed them my precious simple meals.

Thyme

You could make a 1x1 stockpile in your cells. Pemmican has the advantage to almost never rot.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

mumblemumble

have a "use ranged in melee combat" tic for colonists, so shotgunners and heavy smg users can fight proper.

Quote from: Alenerel on November 27, 2016, 01:08:25 PM
Be able to force a pawn to go to sleep without having to mess the restrictions. Right click on his bed > go to sleep. It can only be activated if the rest need is lees than 30% (the first line in the rest stat).
This....having people sleep deprived with no quick fix like forcing eating is a pain.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Thundercraft

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on November 27, 2016, 07:18:48 AMWhen one of your colonist is kidnapped and you get the notification of his death, have the possibility to buy his corpse to have him properly buried.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I second the notion.

Alenerel

- Reduce the chance of raiders of insta dying. Maybe to 50%, not sure, but certainly reduce it from 67%.

- Make all body parts of the body less likely to be destroyed, it seems that they are made of paper... The torso (and internal organs) should be able to get hit more often while small parts like nose, ears, eyes, etc should have less chance to get hit.
(prob already suggested but I post it to show that more people want it)

- Another problem is that they are very easy to get destroyed yet its very difficult to find a replacement. Let us be able to craft basic prosthetics (arms and legs) and basic bionics (arms and legs), and these last ones should work at 95% efficiency.

- I think that protecting your pawns should be a bit easier with armor. Here are two approaches:
a) Remove the component cost from armor vest, military helmet and kevlar helmet.
b) Reduce the component cost from armor vest and kevlar helmet to 1. Remove the component cost from military helmet and add another vest that costs to no components and protects less than the armor vest.

Guluere

The ability for one colonist to slap another colonist when they are sad.
The slapped colonist have a chance to get in raged and start hitting the person who slapped him. [Social Fight]
If succeed the colonist will have to buff the same as after he let his feelings out. [Slapped colonist]

Pichu0102

Make replacement limbs like bionic arms able to spread their bonuses across multiple limb parts like hands, etc instead of just removing and hiding hands and fingers. Make it able to damage the hands of someone with a bionic arm, essentially.

Thyme

Quote from: Alenerel on November 29, 2016, 08:05:49 AM
- Reduce the chance of raiders of insta dying. Maybe to 50%, not sure, but certainly reduce it from 67%.

- Make all body parts of the body less likely to be destroyed [...]
I had the same problem, untill I moved my focus from sniper rifles to charge rifles. Either way, shooting at somebody often results in severe death or damage to organs/body parts.

Sent from my HTC
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Alenerel

Rework the shotgun to make it work similar to real life. It shots pellets and they spread with distance, each one being able to hit or miss. The mod combat realism works this way:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797691970&searchtext=pellet

MerlosTheMad

Make it so animals can mutate in nuclear fall out and become mega versions of themselves. a Mega-hive of radioactive rats would be fun to take on. lol

QuantumNelly

Getting dirty. Colonists get dirty after working, thus increasing their filth rate. A dirty colonist is an unhappy colonist.
//Baths?

Thundercraft

Quote from: Alenerel on November 29, 2016, 08:05:49 AM
- Reduce the chance of raiders of insta dying.

Absolutely, it should be less. IMO, the only time a shot should instantly kill is if it hits either the brain or the heart, which shouldn't be that often. Other shots can become lethal, but usually only if they don't get prompt medical attention. Many organs can be replaced, after all.

Quote from: Alenerel on November 29, 2016, 08:05:49 AM- Make all body parts of the body less likely to be destroyed...

Generally, I don't think that suggestions on rebalancing combat belong in the Your Cheapest Ideas topic because they're not cheap ideas. Stuff like that would likely require more than 4 hours to do it justice. Right in the OP, Tynan asked that non-cheap (more than 4 hours) ideas should be posted separately. (Which is why I started my own thread on the topic here.)

That said, Combat Realism does make limbs much less likely to be destroyed, among other things. And that's why I nominated it in the Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld topic.

Quote from: Alenerel on November 29, 2016, 08:05:49 AM...Let us be able to craft basic prosthetics (arms and legs) and basic bionics (arms and legs), and these last ones should work at 95% efficiency.

The game already has prosthetic limbs we can purchase from traders. I guess what you're asking for is a way to craft such? There are several mods which does this, including Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, Bionic Replacements Crafting, and A Dog Said (for animals).

However, I do agree that the base game should include a way to craft these after certain research.

Quote from: Alenerel on November 29, 2016, 08:05:49 AM...
a) Remove the component cost from armor vest, military helmet and kevlar helmet.
b) Reduce the component cost from armor vest and kevlar helmet to 1. Remove the component cost from military helmet and add another vest that costs to no components and protects less than the armor vest.

Agreed! I don't understand why armored vests or military helmets would require components, unless they come equipped with night vision or some such. As I understand it, a "Component" represent a literal mechanical and/or electronic component. Why would vests or helmets require such? It sounds weird.

Quote from: QuantumNelly on November 29, 2016, 10:52:12 PM
Getting dirty. Colonists get dirty after working, thus increasing their filth rate. A dirty colonist is an unhappy colonist.
//Baths?

I was thinking along a similar line. My idea was to have a "Hottub", "Jacuzzi", or "Spa" building that our colonists can craft as a Joy item. It would require electricity and, preferably, a supply of water. There are several mods which includes ways to gather (and use) water, including cuproPanda's corePanda. I was thinking that a Hottub would generate a need to restock it with water, similar to how a Stove needs to be stocked with wood. For all the extra resources, I think it should give a better mood boost than most methods.

Alenerel

Auto assign button in beds so that it auto assigns every bed to the pawns. It should prioritize putting together the couples and prioritize then the best beds available.

I really dont like to be "playing" with assigning pawns to beds, specially when a couple is made or you replace some beds and everyone goes ape shit and you have to spend time looking who is the couple of who...

JimmyAgnt007

If someone has a mental break from being too cold, instead of stripping off their gear they should try to put extra clothing on that will slow their movements.  Also, if no extra gear is nearby or another pawn is closer, they try to fight them for their clothing.

Alenerel

In the work tab:
- Be able to sort people by name, by skill, etc (if there is any other thing, check work tab mod)
- Indicate who is too smart in a similar way as showing passions. Maybe indicate too who is neurotic and hard worker.