Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

Allow priorizing work to FORCE the colonist to do it, even if they aren't assigned to the job, or someone else is doing it
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Thundercraft

Quote from: mumblemumble on December 03, 2016, 05:12:41 PMAllow priorizing work to FORCE the colonist to do it, even if they aren't assigned to the job, or someone else is doing it

You mean like how the Look At Me, I'm the Worker Now mod does that? (Maybe someone should Nominate the mod to be included in Rimworld? Just a thought...)

KLuTcHx SaVi0R

I'm new to the forums and I'm not sure if how simple it would be to design this, but I often find that by mid-game, when I start making multiple tables of the same kind, that it can be cumbersome to transfer bills from one to another or more. Some way to copy the bills from a table and paste them into another of the same kind would be very handy, I think.

mumblemumble

allow a colonist to be forced to melee another in draft mode. Currently you can force shots, but not melee.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Pink Omega

Quote from: mumblemumble on December 03, 2016, 06:53:48 PM
allow a colonist to be forced to melee another in draft mode. Currently you can force shots, but not melee.
Actually, you can force melee but only if you're equiped with a melee item.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Sola

Prioritize work trumping other conditions.
-Is not a builder (but could be)
-Already reserved by Steve

Instead of going to Steve, drafting him, turning on work, enabling construction, then prioritizing building that workbench, allow the "prioritize work" function to temporarily allow the non-builder to build, and send Steve off on another errand.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Alenerel

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 03, 2016, 06:03:11 PM
You mean like how the Look At Me, I'm the Worker Now mod does that? (Maybe someone should Nominate the mod to be included in Rimworld? Just a thought...)

Yes, I think that a mod like that should either be included in the game or its features be implemented in game.

Sian

Make Pig/Wild Boar and Labrador/Husky able to crossbreed (50/50 chance of what the youth breed is if parents is of different breeds), to make getting additional animal help for hauling less difficult.

Phoenix73

I've been playing Rim World for about a month now and something I'd like to have is Forbidden Zones. I always have this problem of my animals eating my food that I am growing and the only way I've found to fix it is by creating an animal area for them. This works well enough but then they eat everything in that area and start starving. I'd like to have them roam across the whole map except for that small area. I can do it by making an animal area that is the entire map except my farming area but would be easier with forbidden zones. I'm not sure if that's something that's simple to code or not. Love the game  :) Super excited for the up coming teasers

Thyme

You can simply invert to zones.
Create a new zone, Mark your food store as allowed area and hit invert. Makes everything allowed except your freezer. =)

Sent from my HTC
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Rock5

Still, there are limitations to that set up. The more separate areas you want your colonist to have or not have access to, the more complex it is to set up. Ideally it would be good to have multiple allow and forbid zones. It would add a level of complexity that I think a lot of users wouldn't use or need so it would be better as an option. Example: you select a area you do now or select "Advanced Areas" which will allow you to select multiple allow and forbid zones.

That's the way I would see it working anyway.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

14m1337

Quote from: Rock5 on December 05, 2016, 10:02:10 AM
Still, there are limitations to that set up. The more separate areas you want your colonist to have or not have access to, the more complex it is to set up. Ideally it would be good to have multiple allow and forbid zones. It would add a level of complexity that I think a lot of users wouldn't use or need so it would be better as an option. Example: you select a area you do now or select "Advanced Areas" which will allow you to select multiple allow and forbid zones.

That's the way I would see it working anyway.

It really would be more complex, but I would more than appreciate that.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Thyme

You actually mean allowing and forbiding multiple zones simultaneously (on the same pawn), is that right?

If yes, sorry for misunderstanding, that idea is indeed interesting.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

h_dog50

Salted meats or Beef Jerky or any kind of preserves that you don't need to eat 1000 of. I'm in the desert and I can't keep my crap cold.

Rock5

Pemican is sort of like Beef Jerky in that it lasts a long time. Unfortunately it is a meat and veg recipe so you would have to balance your meat source with your veg production.

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to keep your food cold. Just use double walls around your freezer, only one entry and preferable an intermediate room between your freezer and the rest of your warmer base.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport