Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drathmourn

Im sorry if this has been covered previously, reading 269 pages to see if this topic was covered seemed a bit much.

I want a bloody car or truck. I can build a spaceship but not a cart, wagon, rickshaw or or Model T ford?  A car or truck to travel quickly to other settlements and to haul my raid loot home. Im no modder but this is so badly needed that it seems like a good idea.

bier00t

Claustrophobia

Pawn would not like small rooms and have debuff from it. Might be also some more powerful version when pawn would intentionally leave small rooms.

cina901

paths on which grass doesn't grow anymore made by your colonists after stepping for a long time on certain precise routes

Zombra

Forbidden Zones
For "authorized personnel only" areas.  Private bedrooms, private laboratories, only chefs in the kitchen, don't walk on the flowers.  Paint the area and then flag who can't walk there.

Right now you can technically do this with one Allowed Zone for each colonist where you paint the whole map with forbidden areas strategically removed, but this is very "expensive" in terms of user input.  Then if you add one flower patch you have to go edit every single zone.  Let me just paint the men and women's locker rooms and forbid individuals from going in the wrong one.

1 Kiwi

Dusty keyboard

Ninjakitty66

Personal journals for colonists, mainly for you to write in, about their past and present events. Help you develop the character further then just controlling them, and having them run around till they die now they have a backstory!

Thorbane

Insect meat should be disabled on meals by default, it makes colonists unhappy.

Perishables and things that decay if left unroofed should take hauling priority over things like chunks.

mumblemumble

Make chemical interest people huff fumes from chemfuel when desperate for a high.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Hieronymous Alloy

A "strip cables" button to click drag to deconstruct power conduits  in walls.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

Lightzy

I suggest to make a habit of, with every update, adding some pawn traits.

I've noticed that it's not necessarily the huge things like caravans that make hte game *feel* bigger and more robust, but simply the addition of more pawn traits which seems to do it. Which is a bit strange, never thought it'd be so influential.

Necronomocoins

Surrender! I haven't seen anyone surrender, under any circumstances. I've seen people cower, run away, stay and fight or mental break but never surrender. I want to be able to order a colonist to ask or tell an enemy to surrender and or humanoids who are out numbered just decide to surrender, with a success %chance which can vary with personality. Also a personality trait "susceptible to surrender" and "No retreat, No surrender."

Mkok

If on  a raid, you can order your colonists to put stuff in their inventory, practically making it possible for a colonists to carry both a sniper rifle and a knife at the same time. They can also carry food around. But when in a colony, you cannot do this.

Kelgo

Quote from: Hieronymous Alloy on December 25, 2016, 12:26:44 PM
A "strip cables" button to click drag to deconstruct power conduits  in walls.

When someone is addicted to flake they should do that automatically. J/k

Purble1234

Spies to send to a faction base to do something for you, like steal weapons or food or kidnapping

MikeLemmer

I'd like a warning that an animal is starving before the "Animal miscarried due to starvation" alert pops up.