Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shhfiftyfive

cheap and easy to (re)implement...

please revert combined room/beauty stats filters.

game used to have 2 separate filters for toggle in the lower right corner. one to show mouseover tooltip on room stats (very handy and worth having enabled permanently). the other to show ugly penalty values on all items in a radius of mouse cursor location (not something you'd want enabled permanently).

now these are combined. and it is absolutely obnoxious. i used to keep the room stats filter on all the time.. others i've spoke to agree. it is a horrible change. please revert it back..

DariusWolfe

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on January 03, 2017, 04:03:28 AM
cheap and easy to (re)implement...

please revert combined room/beauty stats filters.

game used to have 2 separate filters for toggle in the lower right corner. one to show mouseover tooltip on room stats (very handy and worth having enabled permanently). the other to show ugly penalty values on all items in a radius of mouse cursor location (not something you'd want enabled permanently).

now these are combined. and it is absolutely obnoxious. i used to keep the room stats filter on all the time.. others i've spoke to agree. it is a horrible change. please revert it back..

PLEASE. I second this so hard that I may break my keyboard. I almost never use the radius-numbers thing, but I usually keep room summary tooltips on.

Thorbane

A few suggestions on prisoners:

A rescue option for prisoners we have released would be convenient.  It's kind of odd that the only option for retrieving them if they get downed is to drag them back into prison.  It would be nice to avoid the hassle of recapturing/releasing them again, and I think there's still the issue of factions turning hostile when you recapture their people to keep them from bleeding to death.

Unless they are starving, they should be less likely to attempt a prison break when they are wounded.  Currently I've noticed a tendency for newly captured and still barely ambulatory prisoners to attempt to break out because everyone's mood is affected by their injured status.  How are they even getting around the door locks when they're all resting in bed suffering from severe pain anyway?

Automatic removal of military gear.  It's always bugged me that your colonist allow prisoners to keep things like armor and personal shields.  Who the hell would let a prisoner keep freaking power armor?

Maybe not as cheap an idea, but if they are from the same faction prisoners should be able to feed their bedridden friends nutrient paste or other provided meals.

Thyme

As there is now feature for that right now, I just strip them and forbid the apparel I want them to keep, my haulers then remove the unneeded stuff from the cell. When I like them (recruiting) I even give them nice parkas/dusters.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Alias72

There is a production order type: Build until number.

This is neat but it has some undesired consequences when an item (such as food) is drawn regularly. The workers assigned tot he task will frequently run back and forth doing the job as the quantity drops below the desired amount.

I suggest having a bracket with a lower and upper limit. The task becomes active when the available quantity drops below the lower bound and the task is complete when it exceeds the upper bound. The result is that my cooks will stockpile hamburgers but won't go crazy every-time someone (including themselves) makes lunch.

Apparently scyther limb removal prioritizes builders for the operation but uses the medical skill. either doctors should perform the medical operation or it should use the construction skill.

Manual orders should ignore current work assignment. If someone can build then I should be able to force them to build without changing their construction order.

If a task is reserved but not currently undertaken and a more qualified colonist queries for a job then they may steal the prioritized job from the current colonist IF AND ONLY IF it is within the home area (due to travel time issues).

Thyme

ad 1.
there's a mod called Crafting Hysteresis that does exactly that. I think it's already nominated to be included into the Core game.

ad 2.
I second this, it needs fixing. In the meantime, there's this mod, Silly builders, surgery is for doctors, that moves mechanoid surgery to the doctor work type.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

biffo

Just a quick idea for combat / hunting situations: perhaps allow a pre-set group to be selected so you can rally your pawns quickly, irrespective of where they might be/what mischief they're up to.

jjcm04

I would like a way that we can set the meals that animals can eat, so they are not eating food you do not want them to eat (example would be a lavish meal), also it's on the same note, I would like to stop the colonists from hording food (the food they normally carry on them), so they can eat at a table whenever possible.

cina901

precise number of raiders, pieces of art and other stuff that right now is still displayed as "various"

diseases should be gradual in spreading, not sudden and inflicting all at once multiple colonists

jjcm04

Quote from: cina901 on January 04, 2017, 05:08:26 PM
diseases should be gradual in spreading, not sudden and inflicting all at once multiple colonists

I think things like the flu do infect one person then gradually spread if in contact. With this idea we can set up quarantine zones. until said person is better.

cina901

Exactly! Flu, plague, malaria should be the ones in my opinion :)

Pichu0102

When using categorized resource display, the game should remember what categories you had collapsed/opened and save that information.

Sam1

Thank's for give ideas of Rimword , thank you guys...
My Web page is Challan 281

PeterPants

You definitely need to add ctrl + #, to save selected units/buildings to be quick selected for later, just like in classic strategy games.

So so so often i have longed for this while playing.

cina901