Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkfish

Quote from: bombarding on April 19, 2014, 07:07:15 AM
my hope is just let hopper can be build next to stove and not just nutrient....so my chef dont waste time pick up raw food far away.
Easily fixed yourself. Place small stockpiles next to the cooker with the jobs set with the lowest radius (5). Cooks will then only take from the stockpiles next to the cooker. Ensure they're a high enough priority that they're always stocked. Done.
<insert witty signature here>

Darth Fool

A "Forbidden Zone" that colonists will not enter.

blazekiller102

I would love the forum mod page to be Categorized
Hehe

JKTD1919

Quote from: bombarding on April 19, 2014, 07:07:15 AM
my hope is just let hopper can be build next to stove and not just nutrient....so my chef dont waste time pick up raw food far away.

Why not just make a Raw Food Only stockpile next to your cooker? It'd be the same as having a hopper. Set the priority to Critical so colonists immediately fill it up.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

keylocke

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 09, 2014, 08:51:31 PM
Quote from: Psyckosama on April 08, 2014, 11:05:36 AM
Quote from: Sion on April 08, 2014, 10:48:22 AM
Giblet cages should give raiders the fear debuff too.

Seconded!

In fact I think that should be one of their main uses. They can make small groups of raiders take a look, go "Um, yeah... to hell with this" and call off their attacks early.

I believe they already do affect raiders, but the effect is too small and the raiders rarely spend enough time for it to reach "eff this I'm going home" levels.

they mostly affect visitors from other colonies going all crazy with the gibbet cages or piles of dead bodies after hanging out for some time in the middle of a killzone.

afterwards they start attacking anything they see. colonists, squirrels, boomrats, etc.. haha.

--------------
edit :

-btw, is there a hotkey for saving camera locations that i missed or something? (ie : press shift+1 to save camera location 1, then press ctrl+1 to go to camera location 1)

-thrown weapons should have a minimum distance throw. (ie : if the target is within 3 tiles close to the character, that character will not use it's grenade or molotov)

-avoid friendly fire. accidental friendly fire still occurs whenever friendlies cross AFTER the trigger is pulled. but colonists shouldn't fire when line-of-sight is obscured by fellow colonists.

Viceroy

A bed designation for visitors to use. Would love to be able to have a hotel for all my buddies from Comba of Turtle lol
Dog goes moo!

Vetack

Customization of starting conditions such as equipment, status of colonists, number of colonists, number of resources. To avoid overpowered starts if that is an issue you can set a cap of how much of anything that is editable you can set.

Good for making very quick scenarios and storytelling

keylocke

more cheap ideas :

-don't butcher corpses that are placed in gibbet cages.

-don't stone cut debris that are placed on certain stock piles (better yet, there should be an option for stockpiles to be set it as "forbidden" that lets colonists stock it with the chosen items, but they will not consume the items that are placed within.

-add a minimum thrown valid targeting so that grenadiers will not automatically lob at a target that are within 3 tiles of itself.

-reassign beds to different colonists. i want to place them in rooms closer to where they work.

that's all for now.  ;D

metadolor

A small UI tweak:
Show the size of the rectangle while designating mining/planning/building/etc. areas. Either on the cursor or in the area itself.
mockup:
(http://imgur.com/nKQHuVv)

Cpt.Fupa

A perch to look and fire over walls right beside you and increase range. Also a firing range would be nice. And the ability to craft or find armor. I know some might be expensive but that's what I feel the game is missing so far.

Sion

Quote from: metadolor on April 22, 2014, 01:58:37 PM
A small UI tweak:
Show the size of the rectangle while designating mining/planning/building/etc. areas. Either on the cursor or in the area itself.
mockup:
(http://imgur.com/nKQHuVv)

That is spot on what I want to have!
and I would also like to see the area in some nifty way (X*Y=Area).
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Nasikabatrachus

Poisoned weapons that cause extra damage over a moderate period of time. Tribal raids would get real interesting.

WorldOfIllusion

allow new link flags to be defined via xml.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

Darth Fool

Hot swappable bunks.  Related to previous suggestion on private ownership option for most usable items.  A button that turns off ownership of beds.  First come first serve.  Would add a penalty to happiness.