Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyme

Darius lmao

You can just hide in your killbox and lure scythers in range of your guns.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Thundercraft

Quote from: Al-Horesmi on January 17, 2017, 03:51:40 PMI'd say the solution would be to bump up charge lance's range up to 45, it's basically a sniper rifle anyway.

The charge lance is already quite OP. The wiki explains that it's a, "dangerous weapon due to its low initial warm-up, high accuracy, and high damage." They already have a range of 37 tiles. And you want to bump up the range so it's as good as a sniper rifle? Why not give scythers unlimited doomsday rockets or a dark-matter cannon while you're at it? Imagine what that's going to do for raids with raiders who are lucky enough to carry charge lances.

Quote from: Al-Horesmi on January 17, 2017, 03:51:40 PMIn any case, that would at least be more challenging than "wait for them to enter killbox, then go deal with the centipedes".

I suppose this strategy can feel too predictable or boring for players who have already logged a lot of RimWorld hours. I have no issue with forcing players to use a different strategy. However, heaping on more and more unfair advantages onto mechanoids is just going to make their unfair advantages and their weak AI all the more obvious. But part of the problem is that game AI just can't match human player ingenuity.

Perhaps what you're looking for is the MoreLesserMechnoids mod? It adds three new types of mechnoids and changes the behavior of vanilla mechnoids slightly. This should change your strategy in how to effectively deal with them in trying to minimize casualties. And it shows that this can be done without heaping more and more advantages onto them.

Quote from: Thyme on January 17, 2017, 05:11:50 PMYou can just hide in your killbox and lure scythers in range of your guns.

Can't the same be said for most enemies in the game?

Nosebeggar

Hi Tynan,

first of all: love the game. One of my favorites of all time.
I thought about the organ harvesting part of the game. Here are a few quick-to-implement ideas:

-I think organs of recently deceased people (as long as they're undamaged) should be extractable for a short period of time (just like in real life).
-I think organs should be cooled and expire anyway
-It should be possible to amputate limbs without medical reason (to immobilize prisoners for example)

Just my two cents.

P.S. I'm aware there are mods for this already, but I think this should be added to the basegame.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: Nosebeggar on January 18, 2017, 08:30:27 AM-It should be possible to amputate limbs without medical reason (to immobilize prisoners for example)

This is already implemented in the base game. You are capable of amputating perfectly healthy limbs, for any reason you like.

Pushover

QOL: Make couples default to taking an open double bed, if one is available. It's annoying to send out a caravan, and have to reassign them when they come back, as they will choose to take individual beds.

ADM-Ntek

vertical scrolling for the research screen. i have so many mods installed that some research items are pushed out of frame. most visible at the bottom http://imgur.com/a/AX8pQ

NeverPire

Could you when a player play with tribals exchange one pirate opponent faction with a tribal one ?
In the actual game, it's almost impossible for tribals to recruit pirates and except if the players choose to attack a neutral faction, in some plays, only pirates attack them.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

dv

Quote from: DariusWolfe on January 18, 2017, 12:08:40 PM
Quote from: Nosebeggar on January 18, 2017, 08:30:27 AM-It should be possible to amputate limbs without medical reason (to immobilize prisoners for example)

This is already implemented in the base game. You are capable of amputating perfectly healthy limbs, for any reason you like.

Sure, but it's kind of a clumsy process - you have to replace it with a prosthetic, and THEN you remove the prosthetic part. I want a one-step "cut off his feet" option.

Also strange that I can harvest eyeballs and organs, but not limbs - but I can buy limbs from trade ships... where do they get those?

Then again, it would probably be too "cheap" if I could just cut off a guys leg, wait until he's recruited, then reattach the leg with no penalty.

Pushover

I don't think you can harvest eyes in the base game. You can remove them by installing bionics.

You can't buy limbs in vanilla that are not bionics or prosthetics.

NeverPire

Can you change the name of the tab during the caravan creation from "configuration" to "direction" please. In my opinion, it seems more clear.

MikeLemmer

Replace the current Min-Max Skill restrictions on job tickets with assigning specific colonists to job tickets. I've had issues with:

• A colonist upgrading his skill beyond the Max Skill restriction and no longer doing a job without warning.
  • Trying to assign a job to a specific colonist when 2 colonists have the same skill level (because the other one is missing a hand or something).

NeverPire

Let some other animals than only muffaloes and dromedaries carry stuff in caravans.
I think overall about elephants and bulls, cows.

swizard

A creature that steals and moves items to their lair.

Marmar

Hi. First of all: I am in love with the game.

Now to the point: shoes and boots. I think it would be good to add footwear for cold and hot seasons, starting with footwraps and clogs, through mocasines, leather shoes to boots, snickers, rubber boots et.

Lightzy

cheapest most useful suggestion:

Bindable mouse buttons.

so I can quicktime/slowtime with my side mouse buttons etc