Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameronvg2

here is one that maybe already in planning or somebody said it. healing yourself, say that you're a one man colony and you got scratch now your bleeding it'll scar and you'll get infected dieing this is a bit too unfair so an idea would be that small things like cuts and bruising can be healed with a -25% effectiveness. if you're high medical enough level you could heal bullet wounds or even amputate your self be then lay unconscious after an amputate unless you're lecky enough to heal before you get downed in the bed. things too serious will be slowed by lowered conscious . another idea would be a double bed sleeping spot. another idea maybe for later or help of modders is a water need with pumps water purification etc.

gendalf

- Show who has nightowl trait in the restrict tab.
- Option to recolor zones.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: gendalf on February 21, 2017, 12:57:05 PM
Show who has nightowl trait in the restrict tab

Mind if I snag that for my UI Wishlist ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Aroly7

Hi,
I want to improve workshop integration, so instead of loading mods from steam workshop you can simply move them from steam workshop folder to rimworld mod folder so they can be accessed offline and on startup just check files in workshop and mod folder and just delete them when mod if is removed from the workshop folder.
Sorry if it isn't so simply, I don't know much about rimword mod loading
Thanks Aroly7

jpinard

"Assign to all" command for changing clothing.  24 pawns changing from combat attire to heatwave attire takes 48 separate clicks.  Then 48 clicks yet again when heatwave is over.  Please see this thread for discussion:  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30711.0

b0rsuk

Coconuts
A fruit that needs to be butchered. Stacks. Yields 40 coconut flesh.

dragonalumni

Add a tab to the stockpile zones that allows you to set the color of the zone.

dragonalumni

It would be nice if we could slide the pawn icons at the top center of the UI so we could arrange them into the order we wanted

Jovus

A yellow notification whenever a predator on the map starts hunting one of your colonists.

OFWG

Quote from: dragonalumni on February 22, 2017, 09:12:14 AM
Add a tab to the stockpile zones that allows you to set the color of the zone.

+1, OCD club unite!
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

PotatoeTater

Quote from: b0rsuk on February 22, 2017, 04:28:34 AM
Coconuts
A fruit that needs to be butchered. Stacks. Yields 40 coconut flesh.

But I'm allergic to coconuts...
Life is Strange

dragonalumni

"Early Bird" trait. Would work just like Night owl but they would want to wake up at 4am(ish) and sleep at 10pm(ish). I suppose this would they might have a slight -5 attitude with Night owls and vise versa. 

Leor

Idea: add to storage option "Does not count resources" (in bills, resources count list etc)

why I need this:
- for example, I prefer to build all my structures from granite. I have separate storage for granite, not covered by trade beacons; all other block types goes to trade storage, covered by beacons; I'm not interesting how much stone blocks I have except granite, but they anyway spam resources count list.
- other example - I wear my colonists in "good" quality or better pants; so, I have separated storage for "good" and better undamaged (100%) pants, and have order to make pants until I have 20 in storages. but when my colonist changes damaged pants, he/she stores them in trade storage, and I still have 20 of them! (actually I have less that I can use, but...); after raid this situation is much worse, because I have clothes from dead bodies in HUGE amounts, so bill "make until 20" doesn't work too until I sell unneeded goods.
- wool, skins - I have many kinds of them (in jungles, animals born & die quickly). all these just spam resources count list.

all these situations will be solved, if I mark my "Trade storage" (it is fully covered by trade beacons, and only unneeded goods comes here - so, I really don't need to know how much resources in it) as non-countable.

VouLT

Idea: Have Weapons on the Outfit Dialog

Reason: Why not allow me to create an outfit that includes equipment such as a Sniper or Assault Rifle or Long-sword? I would have 3 Outfits (for lack of a better name) for each which would allow me to re-use the same Colonist for different situations. This also reduces/eliminates the need for the me to micromanagement the weapons via Force Drop and 'Go pick up'. If the default Allow would be ALL, the behaviour would be exactly as of A16.

Plus: Equipment could be tracked exactly as Apparel, meaning, if I changed the Outfit on the Assign tab (with different weapon) the colonist would automatically go drop the current weapon and fetch the new one.

Kagemusha12

Here a (most probably) really cheap suggestion that would be very helpful (for a lot of people):

Make a button (or keyboard command) that switches off all overgrowth over the terrain (i.e. grass, flowers, bushes, trees) so hat only the underlying terrain is visible.

Reason:
Overgrowth makes it harder to see the borders of terrain types (for example rich soil, or normal soil) and therefore, with all the overgrowth in more fertile regions it is rather hard to plan out your growing zones (if you want to keep them all in one terrain type).
Being able to remove all overgrowth gfx therefore makes it much easier/faster to lay out the growing zones

An additional suggestion regarding zones:
When clicking on the zone (both, growing zones aas well as stockpile/dumping zones) show us the number of tiles that are included in this zone