Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lundamyrstrollet

I would like to see an option to choose what food prisoners will consume.
Example: one gets fine meal, another simple, etc.
PD: sorry for my bad english.

deshara218

Quote from: Lundamyrstrollet on April 13, 2017, 10:58:24 PM
I would like to see an option to choose what food prisoners will consume.
Example: one gets fine meal, another simple, etc.
PD: sorry for my bad english.

ur English is perfect here :)

OP: shift-clicking the arrow to change bill priority fires it to the top or bottom, would save me a ton of time automating colonies x_x

edit: home zones auto-toggle rock chunks for hauling to be dumped upon being created from mining or when a floor is created under them. Since rock chunks provoke so much negative mood

Evillevi

So here is a really cheap idea.

Have an option to change the default "Take to stockpile" to "Drop on Floor", It's a minor Quality of Life change but it should be easy to change.

blub01

"hidden/secret door" that is treated like mountain by raiders.

EDIT: also, prosthetics can handle literally being stuck to a person doing whatever for an indefinite amount of time, so they shouldn't deteriorate.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

deshara218

A toggled option to auto-flag (non-dangerous) untamed animals that enter your home zone & un-flag themselves if they leave while nobody is hunting them, to try & keep wild animals off your farms or out of your base.
Or, make it a policy, where you can pick which animals you want hunted when they enter your home zone, with the first option being any animal that's manhunter so you don't need to draft/undraft for every squirrel bite. The toggle would allow bases that arent affected by crop-stealers to auto-repel predators so you don't have wild Panthers sleeping with your colonist in their bunk

Edit: also on a related note, a little arrow on the corner of the individual character tab that slides out a vertical, individual work priorities tab so you don't have to keep opening & closing tabs if you're checking pawn's character sheet while setting up their worklist, like if you're checking to make sure you don't have brawlers set to hunt

corestandeven

An option to determine what quality of food prisoners get. You already have a heathcare toggle, so should be a cheap thing to implement a similar mechanism for prisoner food (e.g. raw, nutrient paste, permican, simple meal, etc). At the moment it is rather strange that my colonists decide to give a prisoner my last fine meal for the colony when I have 100's of permican in storage (which is also closer to the cell).

SanchezAU

Now this is kind of and addition to random Incidents, but i think there should be more minor incidents.
Now the one i am suggesting is leeches, like. If you have a colony near marshes or water, there could be a chance( depending on which AI you have chosen) to get bitten by a leach etc i dont know. it would add some new problems but the community should give their opinions on this incident

blub01

"take to worst stockpile" setting on crafting bills so you can set up a low priority tiny stockpile right next to the crafting bench and have a hauler take stuff from there to the target stockpile.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: blub01 on April 17, 2017, 09:00:28 AM
"take to worst stockpile" setting on crafting bills so you can set up a low priority tiny stockpile right next to the crafting bench and have a hauler take stuff from there to the target stockpile.

That is allready included somehow :)
Make a low priority or empty stockpile around the workbench and have them drop the item. Empty meaning "no items allowed"
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

blub01

JimmyAgnt007

Dev tools to add and remove thick roofs.  Also bigger terrain brushes, Id love to make a custom map of my own design.

deshara218

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on April 18, 2017, 01:17:44 PM
Dev tools to add and remove thick roofs.  Also bigger terrain brushes, Id love to make a custom map of my own design.

search "roof" in the devtools

ymc

Here's a few, some probably already suggested:

Modding things that already exist:

• Hoppers: allow up to two on all crafting tables (left and right of operator), by design could prevent recipes if hopper is loaded with wrong material
  • Stockpile Min/Max quantity sliders: similar to quality or hp sliders, to prevent haulers from carrying 5-10 of something crafters are using and getting caught in an endless loop
  • Coolers: allow them to be uninstalled / moved
  • Butchering animals that yield milk or wool gives their current % value of that resource
  • Emergency behaviour (I know I know!): have colonists currently on a firefighting / rescue mission leave the doors open ala prison break logic
  • No rain during a heatwave, or rain ends a heatwave
  • Haygrass: 10% chance to explode on death if it deteriorates due to no roof (see wet hay combustion)
  • Potatoes: Rotten potatoes more likely to cause food poisoning/incapacitate in their last week or under %10 durability
  • Psychic Drone: add animal chance

Adding entirely new (but I think cheap) things

• Insulated Junction: allow two conduits to pass over eachother without connection. Make it a higher chance of short if you want. Needs stone to build.
  • Wildfire: a prolongued outdoor fire event not miraculously ended by rain (that's like winter or toxic fallout ending because some of the plants died)
  • Timers: a stationary, component-based, conduit-dependent floor tile item that "flicks" whatever is above it at either intervals or set times (I don't care, could work with either). Forbidden doors, power switches, firefoam poppers, whatever.
  • Pressure plates: a stationary, component-based, conduit-dependent floor tile that triggers NESW around it when anything walks on it (allow/disable auto-rearming ala deadfall trap mechanic)
  • Fetus: only obtained by butchering/medical bill on a female creature afflicted with late-stage or higher pregnancy "disease"
  • Events notification: <OK> <Go to location> <Don't tell me again for this colonist/animal>
  • Character Trait: Hotheaded: NAME will always initiate a social fight when insulted
  • Character Trait: Meek: NAME takes double mood loss instead of initiating a social fight
  • Character Backstory: Simple: Can only do Handling, Mining, Hauling, and Cleaning. Moves slower (multiplier based on size), carries more (multiplier based on size), higher tame/train chance.

Stuff that maybe isn't cheap:

• Trained animals (obedience) prefer to lay eggs, be milked, get sheared, give birth at an animal bed
  • During a heatwave, allow fire to jump more tiles (this one might be cheap, dunno how fire's coded)
  • "Random" Event: Dust Explosion: scan for enclosed roofed indoors with high percentages of haygrass, rice, or corn. Boomalope-style explosion/roof collapse for whole room
  • Character Trait: Vegan: NAME thinks less of those that aren't vegan. Mood penalty to non-vegans around them, mood penalty if they eat meat, insults non-vegans at the dining table
  • Character Trait: Allergies: NAME more likely to get food poisoning from <insert food>
  • Character Trait: Squeamish: NAME receives extra mood penalties for seeing blood and allies dying

Rasec

Barber shop, change your colonists hair style

Gym, after a few months change your colonist body shape for the one you chose

Levels of Beauty, now every colonist have a amount of beauty

Makeup, a colonist with makeup become temporary more beautiful/with slightly better relationship with everyone that don't have a problem with makeups

Plastic Surgery, if obtain success make a colonist permanent pretty/beautiful, if not....

Decriminalization, some colonists don't like certain characteristics, hair style/color, body shape (fat, skinny...), skin color, age, origin...

giannikampa

Show current target of the mortars even if not in forced mode
And as always.. sorry for my bad english